Your First Car

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]dday wrote:
1985 Chevy Cavalier hatchback. Mine was black but equally shitty. [/quote]

Oh shit my cousin had a red one. First time I dipped Skoal was in that car.[/quote]

Still debating whether or not to ask this, but… What does ‘dipped skoal’ mean?

[quote]ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]dday wrote:
1985 Chevy Cavalier hatchback. Mine was black but equally shitty. [/quote]

Oh shit my cousin had a red one. First time I dipped Skoal was in that car.[/quote]

Still debating whether or not to ask this, but… What does ‘dipped skoal’ mean?[/quote]

Chew tobacco.

Don’t feel dumb, it’s a stupid habit.

I agree it’s a stupid habit but I was expecting it to mean something sexual. I’m glad it didn’t! lol

A 1987 Honda Prelude, looked pretty much identical to this one, except the stearing wheel was on the other side. Man, did that thing ever get abused.

My aunt gave me a 1985 Camaro Berlinetta (with the 2.8 engine) about 4 months after my 16th birthday back in 98. I nearly killed myself about a dozen times in this thing, but eventually ended up wrecking my mom’s car instead, into a gas main in front of my high school.

I bought a 1978 Cadillac Seville for my first car. It was sweet. Fuel-injected 350 with every option Cadillac offered, including lit running boards, reading lights in the back seat, illuminated ash trays, a moon roof, power everything, the original 8-track player and it even had this option that pumped air into the shocks to maintain a level ride at all times. Mine was metallic blue with a dark blue top and the wire rims.

And then, about a week after I bought the Cadillac my grandfather died and left his 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix that he bought off the showroom floor in '73 to my sister and I, so I ended up with two cars. The Pontiac was a wild ride too! 400 ci engine, dual exhausts, console shifter and about 350 hp. Plus, it’s the biggest goddamned car I’ve ever seen. I remember racing a Thunderbird once and I smoked him on the freeway at about 130 mph and this car was so fucking huge 130 felt like 65.

61 Impala the color of the one in this picture. loved that car. drove the damn thing everywhere through everything. traded it for a 57 harley fatbob with a suicide shift in a 52 bowlegged frame. wish I’d kept the Impala.

'72 Chevy Vega. Mint Green.

$400 of my own hard earned money.

4 cyl automatic.

for those who don’t know, Chevy had a great idea to use an aluminum engine, the sides of the cylinders wear out fast, and the there is a tremendous amount of oil blow-by.

I had to buy oil by the gallon.

my next car (while still in HS) was a 74 ford van.

everyone thought I was getting tons of tail in that thing.

boy did I have them fooled!

Here it is baby my first whip, this was the best chick magnet ever. I miss my K car, it started up no problem all the time, dead of winter everyone else had issues except me, my K took me to Florida, Canada and California and never gave me a problem, one time when I was giving her a tune up I went to change the oil(there was none) yet she still drove like a top.

My first car:

A 25 year old Opel Kadett.

Rust on the passenger side so I could see through the floor at the highway while driving.
Still had a manual choke to get it started and I could actually give it up as an oldtimer based on the laws in Belgium.
Had some good fun learning to drive in this old piece of metal, that was older then myself at the time.

Some nice cars in here

1980 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Very similar to this one. Silver. My practice car. like the tail light from the 78 so I put them on. got some 15" gm ralley rims for the back. Blew the 231 v6 so dropped a 350 Rocket in it. found out that they came with factory T-tops, found a car in the junkyard, had them cut off the roof and had a shop swap that with mine. Factory t-tops, never leaked. Had that sucker for 11 years.

1967 Ford station wagon - god that was a bad car, 10 years old when I got it. Used and abused
1975 El Camino - sweet car. Lots of good memories. 5 years old when I got this baby
1972 Volkswagon Van - funky but good times again - had it for a couple of years
1983 Nissan Truck - first new car, 4x4, OK, not recommended…
1965 Ford Mustang - sweet car, should have never let this baby go
1998 Audi A4 Quatro - second new car, loved it
2008 Lexus SC430 - first convertible, love it