Your First Car

This.

All right, fess up…who failed their drivers test the first time out.

I did :frowning:

My shitbox Mustang was an electrical nightmare.

Driving down the road the engine would quit but the lights and everything would stay on. Solution, push in the clutch and pound on the dash. Good to go.

Driving down the road the lights and everything would go out but the engine would keep running.
Solution, pound the fuck out of the dash. Good to go.

Can you believe I bought a Mustang for a winter beater cause I owned a streetbike first. Not exactly a good car for snow traction. The worst probably.

I didn’t fail but I did lose my license when I was 17. It wasn’t that bad I kept driving. I finally got it back when I turned 33.

1968 Chevelle SS-396. Check out more pictures in “Sexy Cars” post.

A 1982 Olds Cutlass Supreme. It was a shitty gray primer when I got it, with some rust and a white/yellow vinyl top. I started doing bodywork on it and fixed it up pretty good. It had a hurst interior with the maroon buckets and console and everything, plus a working factory moonroof, and it had I believe an Olds 350 out of a 76 or something. It had some decent power to it. It was ready for a paint job before it got stolen and found at a chop shop with absolutely nothing left. :frowning:

This…in puke green. 60 mph tops at 4,500 rpm. Spare tire sat on top of the motor.

What was left when they found it. The entire interior was gone, dash, seats and everything. The hood, trunk, bumpers, grill, taillights, sound system, doors, and carb were all taken too.

[quote]cycloneforce wrote:
This…in puke green. 60 mph tops at 4,500 rpm. Spare tire sat on top of the motor.[/quote]

Oh God dude…green.

I shoudn’t laugh…this is my first street bike(this pic I found on the internet). I still got it too. I bought it in 1980 for $300.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
1980 Mercury Monarch, bitches![/quote]

My Grandparents had the same ride! Theirs was baby blue

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
All right, fess up…who failed their drivers test the first time out.

I did :frowning:

My shitbox Mustang was an electrical nightmare.

Driving down the road the engine would quit but the lights and everything would stay on. Solution, push in the clutch and pound on the dash. Good to go.

Driving down the road the lights and everything would go out but the engine would keep running.
Solution, pound the fuck out of the dash. Good to go.

Can you believe I bought a Mustang for a winter beater cause I owned a streetbike first. Not exactly a good car for snow traction. The worst probably.

[/quote]

I didn’t fail, but I got got caught driving my dads farm truck by myself with just a learners permit. My folks would take off on a sunday drive or go to my grandparents and I’d sneak off to big wheel to buy tapes and magazines.

It was my uncle that caught me.

Fuck man did I get in trouble for that.

1994 Pontiac Sunbird. This is actually my second car, but my first was identical to it. The subframe on the other one rusted out on me and the control arm let go from the frame. It didn’t take long for the CV Axle to shear off after that and subsequently rip the strut tower right from the engine bay and send the whole front suspension flying down the road. I thought I would make it home, guess not. Oh yeah, did I mention the other one was pink? Yes, I drove a pink car for like two years. My sister had it, and painted it as a joke and gave it to me. I painted it over red later with some Tremclad, but it was interesting being the biggest guy in my high school with the frutiest car. Good times!

Another. This car is pretty mint for the year. All original paint.

[quote]3hitter wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

[quote]3hitter wrote:
Turned 16 and two weeks later my uncle, who was more like a brother, gave me a 1974 Formula Firebird with 18,000 mile on it. I still have it. It has since been highly modified and I race it down the 1/4 mile for fun.[/quote]

Bad ass, what does it run?[/quote]

Best run to date 9.59 @ 138mph all motor. I do have a “go baby go” set up for a 250 shot of happy gas but I haven’t yet dialed in the throttle switch. [/quote]

Dayyyaammmm what all have you done to that thing? CI? cam duation? heads? Gears? Glide? I wanna know specs on that thing. 9.5 all motor is insane.

91 Honda Accord, nothing special, but my system pounded.

My next car was another accord, with 5 amps and 4 12 inch subs, that shit was insanely loud, blow out the back windshield twice.

[quote]Hugh Jassman wrote:
Holden 1971 HQ Kingswood, V8, column shift, bench seat, two tone, sun visor…oh yeah[/quote]

HQs rock!

It was older than I was…

where did some of you get the money for these pimp rides?

[quote]elano wrote:

[quote]3hitter wrote:

[quote]elano wrote:

[quote]3hitter wrote:
Turned 16 and two weeks later my uncle, who was more like a brother, gave me a 1974 Formula Firebird with 18,000 mile on it. I still have it. It has since been highly modified and I race it down the 1/4 mile for fun.[/quote]

Bad ass, what does it run?[/quote]

Best run to date 9.59 @ 138mph all motor. I do have a “go baby go” set up for a 250 shot of happy gas but I haven’t yet dialed in the throttle switch. [/quote]

Dayyyaammmm what all have you done to that thing? CI? cam duation? heads? Gears? Glide? I wanna know specs on that thing. 9.5 all motor is insane.[/quote]

Block LS7, 441cid. 13.0:1 Comp ratio. Heads GM L92 ported. Cam Custom Hyd. roller, 252/262 duration @ 0.050, 0.630/0.630 inch lift, 116 LSA. Stock LS3 1.7 ratio Rocker. Callies forged Crank, Manley, Rods. Throttle body Fast 90mm. 60 lb/hr injectors. Ignition Stock coil on Plug. 1 7/8 Long tube headers. Trans. TH350 built with 4,400 stall. Rear 12-bolt, 3.73 gears, 33 spline, spool. 110 octane. On and on and on…$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

1972 Dodge Dart Demon. 302 V8. Got it up to 110 once before it started shaking. Mine was ‘Forest Green’.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
1971 Buick Skylark…was my uncle’s car. Technically,wasn’t “mine”…but it was what I learned to drive in and drove it during the summers.

He still has the car…just needs a new transmission and some body work. I’ve actually considered submitting it to “Overhaulin” if they ever do a TX episode or something. [/quote]

If he ever wants to get rid of it let me know. My great uncle had one of those and turned it into a full on strip car, its what got me into cars…

That said my first car was an 87 ford t-bird white with red interior… when my grandpa gave it to me it told me to make sure I drained the oil out of the air filter once a week… I learned to pull an engine, replace rings, head gaskets and I got really good at bondo / welding since it was a chicago road salt car…

[quote]linnrose wrote:
1972 Dodge Dart Demon. 302 V8. Got it up to 110 once before it started shaking. Mine was ‘Forest Green’.[/quote]
Dodge made a 302?