T Nation

Your Favorite Super Power

I thought about this in the midst of all the comic book movies that have come out in the recent past. If you could choose just one super power, what would it be and why? You only get to choose one, and you cannot wish for more with your one choice. Mine would be the ability to fly. The complete freedom with flying wherever and whenever is what appeals to me.

I’m torn between the following:

  1. Invisibility (the things you could do with this!!)

  2. X-ray vision (could be fun for certain things)

  3. Ability to fly

  4. Teleportation

  5. Ability to change/control time (time travel)

Nate, if you could fly you wouldnt need to teleport. It would just take you longer to get there.

i dont know what its called but being able to see through peopls clothes lol. Its not really x-ray vision right?

Nathan Petrelli said it back in Season 2 of Heroes. He hated that his power was flying because he couldn’t actually DO anything to help anyone. But I see the appeal. Flying would be a completely selfish power really.

Me, I’d want complete invulnerability. Bullets, heat/cold, electrical, falls from great heights, etc… nothing would harm me. I don’t want to be Like Claire on Heroes and just heal, I want to never get a scratch on me.

If you think about it, the only way to deal with someone like that is to flee or figure out how to imprison them.

i think i’d want to be a shape-shifter, like mystique from x-men. a close second is invisibility.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Nate, if you could fly you wouldnt need to teleport. It would just take you longer to get there. [/quote]

Yeah, but flying across a galaxy could take a while.

Time Travel would be cool, but I think I’d go with invisibility personally.

Yes, I am a perve. :slight_smile:

ooohhhhh shape shifting would be cool I could actually be a fly on the wall when RSG, Renton and Bushy go out for an evening and I could witness the debauchery! Although that might scar me for life.

So Shape Shifting and then Flying.

Did you guys ever see the X-Files where these men had found a genie in a bottle? The one PERV wished to be invisible and he got hit by a semi while crossing the road in the crosswalk because the truck couldn’t see him! So funny, I loved that episode.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

ooohhhhh shape shifting would be cool I could actually be a fly on the wall when RSG, Renton and Bushy go out for an evening and I could witness the debauchery! Although that might scar me for life.
[/quote]

You forget that I would be invisible. :smiley:

Then again, if I could shape shift I’d be a hermaphrodite and single forever - I could truly enjoy sex with myself for the rest of my life.

  1. Immortality, where your body never ages and you’re immune to all diseases and injuries
  2. Seeing the future, only up to 1 week ahead though
  3. Super strength - meaning I can tear a building out of the ground and throw it, stop a train dead in its tracks, etc. And since my legs are super strong I’d be really fast as well.
  4. Flying at Mach 7

Put those 4 together and I’m set.

I’d be a Jedi with a light saber.

Edit: I know some will say Jedi is more than one, but if you follow the Miticlorian model (gag), it is just one power.

I remember Russel Howard said he’d like to be able to make people orgasm just by touching them. Not for any sexual purpose. Just imagine how amazing it would be in a fight. “I want to hit 'im but ah’m too horny”.

Either that or full, no nonsense immortality. I’d be kickin’ myself if the Human race got erased though.

Telekinesis would be awesome.

[quote]Ouiser wrote:
I’d be a Jedi with a light saber.

Edit: I know some will say Jedi is more than one, but if you follow the Miticlorian model (gag), it is just one power.[/quote]

You Sir, are a true fan

“I’d like to shoot spagetti out of my fingertips”

Come on, no one else thought of Dane Cook immediatly??? Wow. lol.

I’d like to be a mind reader.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
“I’d like to shoot spagetti out of my fingertips”

Come on, no one else thought of Dane Cook immediatly??? Wow. lol.

I’d like to be a mind reader. [/quote]

“Oh you wanna fly? Yeah, who the fuck doesn’t? I wanna shoot lasers outta my cock. *pew! pew! pew-pew-pew!”

[quote]Ouiser wrote:
…but if you follow the Miticlorian model…[/quote]

i do. i’m with you, the force is one power.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
B rocK wrote:
“I’d like to shoot spagetti out of my fingertips”

Come on, no one else thought of Dane Cook immediatly??? Wow. lol.

I’d like to be a mind reader.

“Oh you wanna fly? Yeah, who the fuck doesn’t? I wanna shoot lasers outta my cock. *pew! pew! pew-pew-pew!”[/quote]

i want to be jesus.

The ability to assemble a 30-piece band and a guitar filled with milk out of thin air to play songs suitable to the moment.

I would want to be fluent in every language in the world. That would be so bad ass.