Your Favorite Protein Bar

Forget the nutritional content, what protein bars do you find taste the best?

1. MetRX Big 100 Peanut Butter Pretzel
  2. Supreme Protein (the original flavor)
  3. MetRX Big 100 Apple Pie
  4. Oh Yeah (All flavors!)
  5. VPX Zero Impact Pumpkin

This is a board owned by Biotest.

Nice observation. I don’t like Biotest’s protein bars at all. One of the few products I’ve purchased only once.

leanbody sweet and salty bars

i heard those big 100 bars got mad soy.

Metabolic Drive Protein Bars (Cookie Dough) purchasable right here at T-Nation. It’s easy to get the best tasting protein bar that’s merely a glorified candy bar. I like these bars for the taste and the quality ingredients. Cookie dough rocks!

Home-made: Chef Lisa Maries Peanut Butter Cups. Check the womens forum for the recipe.

[quote]randman wrote:
Metabolic Drive Protein Bars (Cookie Dough) purchasable right here at T-Nation. It’s easy to get the best tasting protein bar that’s merely a glorified candy bar. I like these bars for the taste and the quality ingredients. Cookie dough rocks![/quote]

The cookie dough is good, but I prefer the chocolate chunk Metabolic Drive bars. Put 'em in your pocket for a couple of minutes to warm up and it’s like a damn treat.

Plus I prefer the ingredients in Metabolic Drive bars over most other protein bars I’ve seen.

I like those Big 100 Met-RX bars, apple pie in particular. Probably awful for me, but so good with a glass of milk.

[quote]randman wrote:
Metabolic Drive Protein Bars (Cookie Dough) purchasable right here at T-Nation. It’s easy to get the best tasting protein bar that’s merely a glorified candy bar. I like these bars for the taste and the quality ingredients. Cookie dough rocks![/quote]

Hell yes! At first i thought they were alright, but after a couple of weeks of eating them i was hooked. It seriously tastes like a candy bar to me. I sometimes find myself eating two in one day.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i heard those big 100 bars got mad soy.[/quote]

I eat 1-2 of them on my refeeds, I think my man-tits will be okay.

I’ve tried a lot… the best to me (by taste and nutritional composition) are the Metabolic Drive Choc Chunk and the VPX Zero Impact (PB or Pumpkin, both great).

i love Metabolic Drive bars (choc chunk) and i also used to really love greens+ natural protein bars. filled with all good stuff and of course alkaline producing to boot. but the last couple of batches i’ve ordered have not tasted right. i don’t know if they’re just old and stale of if they changed the formula but i can’t eat them anymore. i have to choke them down now when i used to really look forward to snack time so i could have one.

OH-Yeah
Muscle Sandwich
Big 100
Power Crunch

Muscle Sandwich is prob my fav if we dont care about nut values. hard to find sometimes.

To be honest, I find myself caring less about actual taste and more about the nutritional info and ingredients listed on the label.

It is nice that Metabolic Drive bars taste as good as they do. Otherwise just give me some made-from-scratch cookies or brownies and I’ll wash it down with plenty of milk (protein) and you can keep those other “protein bars” for those who don’t mind their ingredients so much.

Promax! They are delicious