Your Favorite Gym?

I Like Power House gym (Dearborn Heights, Michigan)

[quote]hawaiilifterMike wrote:
At 24 hour fitness, they sometimes have deals where you buy 3 years up front for about $800 to $1000, then only pay $20 per year thereafter. I have been there over 5 years and paid $840 in total so far, which averages to = $14 per month and decreasing as long as I am a member there or 24 hour does not go out of business.
[/quote]

Thats a fucking awesome idea.

California Family Fitness. I think the title says it all.

That’s my main gym. Great place to lift and there’s a supp shop up front where I get all my protein (25lb for $110). You can shop online with that link as well.

I also go to Gold’s occasionally and a Best Fitness, when I need to use some different machines.

I’m a gym whore =)

I see there’s no badasses training out of Planet Fitness. LMAO!!

Super Fitness

it isnt open anymore.gym was the shit, and even if it wasnt everyone acts like it was just cause it isnt open anymore.

they had a power cage…sorta

3 racks

and a bunch of other stuff

Mike’s Gym in Medford is also good but was too far for me to take a bus/walk to like everyday

my apartment gym

I used to frequent a Ballys here in San Diego - it was Gold’s before it was taken over. I enjoyed going there because quite frankly, there weren’t many members. I train in the morning at around 8 or 9am and around that time there’d only be like a total of maybe 20+ people in the gym. They had 2 power racks, a dip station, 3 incline and 3 flat benches. Dumbells that went up to 150lbs. Needless to say, they had everything I needed and more, even a pool and sauna. Well as my luck would have it, it was shut down last yr at the end of oct. Since then, I took about 2 months off from training, joined a local 24hr Fitness joint. They have pretty much what I need there, so I’m pretty content with it.

Oh and by the way, they turned my old gym (Ballys) into a Trader Joes. So I guess the treade-off isn’t all that bad since I frequent Trader Joes quite a bit.

XSPORT FITNESS. 24/7, 365 days a year, several squat racks AND smith machines, dumbells that go up to 200, several benches, including flat, incline, and decline, and almost exclusively HAMMER strength machines. AND its only like 30 bucks a month. THIS GYM IS THE SHIT.

I go to Ultimate Fitness in Medford (Long Island), and I have to say I love it.

Have a huge surplus of Big Ass Dudes.

Db’s up to 200 lbs.

6 Flat benches, 3 incline, 2 decline, All the Hammer Strength Machines, 4 smith mahcines, 2 power racks, 2 squat racks.

Great atmosphere.

$44/month but it’s worth it.

Urban Active is awesome. all new equipment every 6 months and ave. 35/month its worth it. all hot ass chicks not like your average gym. look into it man

Curves…sorry I had to.

Island Gym in New Jersey. It is a 24 hour gym, the music selection is horrible, but overall the atmosphere is pretty decent. Except the kids wearing the fitted hats, and the beaters.