Your Favorite Exercise?

[quote]Mr. Moose wrote:
ZEB wrote:
I have many favorites, but the Clean and Press has to be very near the top.

I thought chins were your favotite?? Just kiding;-)[/quote]

I find that pulldowns are superior…:slight_smile:

DL’s are fun, but a power snatch is my favorite.

And weighted chins/pulls/dips.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
Handstand Push-ups… who says bodyweight exercises are weinie? I can do 10, which is balanced well with my 10 max Pull-ups, another favorite.
…[/quote]

You can do 10 handstand push ups and only 10 pull ups?

That sounds strange.

Wrist curls and calf raises!

[quote]skaklight wrote:
Wrist curls and calf raises![/quote]

You read my mind. I was actually thinking concentration curls with those 3lb pink dbs.

Really though I have to say the Deadlift(and any varations Sumo,RDL ect)

Curls in the rack.

Deadlifts are terrific. I love the feeling of the whole body involvement. Each completion, standing at attention with the bar in your hands, is just so satisfying.

Having said that, I also love squats of all sorts. Just recently introduced front and overhead squats. For me overheads provide a particular challenge in mastering the technique and that is both fun and satisfying. Got to concentrate!

Deadlift.

Doing them gets me high. Thinking about doing them makes me anxious. Finishing my sets leaves me exhausted, near out of breath and one of the strongest men in the world. My world, my rules.

[quote]kroby wrote:
Deadlift.

Doing them gets me high. Thinking about doing them makes me anxious. Finishing my sets leaves me exhausted, near out of breath and one of the strongest men in the world. My world, my rules.[/quote]

Nice post, man! I love it…

To add to this thread, I dig something different every month or so. Lately, my fav is chins, palm in and gorilla chins.
Good for the core.

I love Clean & Press too, but I rarely do them because of low ceilings in my basement.

I also really like Romanian Deads.

Power Kegels round out my top 3.

DB

Deadlifts…the raw power excercise you don’t need a rack, bench or spotter for. That’s the main reason why I love them.

Easy!!! Deadlifts have become a favorite. I also love any work on my arms bi’s or tri’s it doesn’t matter, I love the feel of a good pump in my arms. I also love a good pump any where, but arms first.

[quote]tinybutmighty wrote:
I used to love deadlifting, it was the most effective hamstring work for me. After I started having so much trouble with my si joints I had to get away from them because they aggravate that injury so much! Now if I do them at all I use pathetic light weights because if my hammies get sore the back soon follows. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly break that cycle? I’m female so perhaps my pelvic structure is an issue.Any ideas?[/quote]

All right, someone has to say it: “An in-depth exploration of your pelvic structure would be required to properly diagnose your condition.”

Seriously, you’ve mentioned that you’re a runner, and most runners (like myself) have trouble with hamstring inflexibility, which frequently leads to lower back pain, because the tight hamstrings restrict normal lower back and pelvic motion. Any connection?

[quote]weightsjunkie wrote:
Deadlifts are terrific. I love the feeling of the whole body involvement. Each completion, standing at attention with the bar in your hands, is just so satisfying.

[/quote]
Great point! I should add this to the list about what’s great about deadlifts:

1. The absolute rush you get when seeing yourself in the mirror grappling with the weight at the top of the lift. It’s primal: you against the bar.

You get some of this with snatches or OH squats, but nothing like deadlifts.

cruncher

16 oz. curls

I, too love deadlifts, but the beginning of this year I was having a lot of trouble keeping form, so I basically took a couple of weeks off, trying to learn the form again. My new approach for leg exercises is an increased emphasis on form, with higher reps. My max was right about 400, and I was good the other day for 285 x 14, so I’d say I’m getting back on track.