T Nation

Your Family and AAS Use

I dont know if any of you guys have had any issues with this but the other day I was at a family dinner for my 21st birthday, and my mother afterwards while just talking turns to me and says “are you on steroids?”. Funnily enough at the time no and I hadnt been since my first encounter a few months earlier.

I shrugged it off saying “no” and she replies with “sorry, but you seem to be changing very fast and I am worried”. I told her I was at the gym 4 times a week and I was eating well. Little does she know I currently have a box in my bedroom containing 100 tabs of Anavar and 3000ml of Test Cyp and I am planning on using the cyp within the next few months or so.

Who else has had interesting questions from family members about AAS use and how did yourself and your family react?

From personal experience, having a mother with whom I feel I can share “anything,” I will say this:

Never. Never. Nevernevernevernevernevernevernever tell them anything ever. Don’t do it. EVER. They will not understand. No bonds will be formed. All it will do is cause heartache and strife and family problems.

I don’t like the idea of lying, ever, but in this case, the (inter)national brainwashing is so strong that you are genuinely better served by lying.

Anyway, anyone who is not tuned into our world can be convinced that pretty much anything is possible with “supplements and a strict diet.” Even we users don’t really know what the actual limits to natural and enhanced are. Non-users have NO idea. Go with that, and save yourself a LOT of heartache and trouble.

Tell her its this new NO2 creatine combo product you buy from GNC. Cause as we all know its was gets you hyyyyouuuuuuuuge!!!

Well my mother has asked me before. She asked me when I was about 15 pounds lighter than I am now actually lol. She knows how hard I work though so it wasn’t hard to convincer her otherwise.

My dad knows because he found a package that he wasn’t supposed to find. He’s cool with it. He really has no idea what goes on other than “shrunken balls” but he trusts my intelligence.

I offered to give him a crash course on what the deal is but he seemed content with just knowing that I was being as safe as possible. I did get a lecture about bringing illegal shit in the house when I’m home.

My advice is to not tell anyone that doesn’t need to know.

I went to the doctor at an age when I was not yet legal to drink, with my dad and explained to her my reasons for taking steroids. I explained to her the compounds I was taking, the doses, and expected side effects.

I told her how I was to counter the sides, and why certain media driven side effects WONT happen.

My dad was shocked that I just punked an MD and the doc was so convinced she got me free blood tests, pharm grade Nolva and adex. He ended up doing all of my glute shots for me and to this day offers to help if I ever need it.

Although obv doctors are fucking retarded when it comes to AAS so its not some big deal that I taught her some shit lol…

I agree with cortes though DO NOT TELL MOMMA!!

Cortes probably said it best…there’s really nothing to be gained from telling anyone. Although, it didn’t seem like a big deal if I was going to tell my mom since she already considered NO-xplode and Muscle Milk to be steroids, lol.

I sat her down and had her watch Bigger Stronger Faster because she wouldn’t believe any AS information unless it was coming from another source.

She asked, “Is this your way of telling me you’re going to do steroids?” I didn’t say yes or no- but I kind of suspect the cat will be out of the bag when I go home in May about a week after my last injection.

I agree with conquistador, never, NEVER, NEVER, and NEVER tell them anything. If my friend told his mom what he was doing, it would break her little heart. Shit, just the thought of her son sticking a needle in himself would be enough. She proudly brags to anybody that asks about his growth, “My boy just eats tons, and lifts real heavy and keeps on growing and growing.” My friend wants to keep it that way. A wife can be replaceable but your immediate family isn’t.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
Tell her its this new NO2 creatine combo product you buy from GNC. Cause as we all know its was gets you hyyyyouuuuuuuuge!!! [/quote]

That happens to be in a box that says, “Not to be dispensed without prescription” or that says “Solo para uso veterinario”.

Dont fucking tell anyone.

No one understands anything beyond what the media spews out.

And its FAR too much effort to educate them properly.

That said, I have temporarily stopped cycling because Im not sure what to do with my current girl.

Shes not very open minded about drug use, and because of the “kind” of girl I have dated in the pass, this is refreshing.

I have been debating whether or not to admit the steroid usage, or just stop and pretend I never did.

Im fairly sure I can maintain my approximate level of fitness without them.

There may come a point when you need to choose between a girl and steroids.

But…

As bad as it sounds, it will be easier to hide continued usage from her if she never knew in the first place…in the instance that you decide you cant give her up, nor the steroids.

To have your cake and eat it too, no one can know.

I told my wife, since I don’t think I could have hid usage at all, but it stops there! No way would I tell anyone else.

Cortes hit it on the head.

I agree with Cortes and I like Westclock’s point about too much effort. Very, very true.

Why would you tell anyway? Do you tell people every detail about your lives? Are women obliged to tell their families they are on the OCP?

There are so many double standards ingrained into the uneducated masses that it really isn’t worth explaining.

I would tell my girlfriend/wife though, as various aspects of use need to be explained so you can get some sort of “informed consent” before they commit to you. If she’s not open-minded enough to accept it (after proper explanation) then I wouldn’t feel as if I needed to choose between steroids or her, as she couldn’t be the one for me.

[quote]Dave_ wrote:

I would tell my girlfriend/wife though, as various aspects of use need to be explained so you can get some sort of “informed consent” before they commit to you. If she’s not open-minded enough to accept it (after proper explanation) then I wouldn’t feel as if I needed to choose between steroids or her, as she couldn’t be the one for me. [/quote]

Totally agree with this.

My wife is fully, completely aware of pretty well every aspect of my mad-scientist lifestyle. If she was the kind of girl who would not have been open-minded enough to accept that, then I would never have married her in the first place.

I still cannot figure out how some of you guys continue to hide your use, even you BREWING, from your wives. No offense to you friends of mine who know I’m talking about you.

its your body, what goes on within it is no ones business but your own and who you choose to involve.

My own father used steroids in his days as a professional athlete. At the time, it was certainly a different thing (since it wasn’t illegal) however he has adopted a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy. Not that it matters anyhow, since I am yet to use.

Cortes sumed it up. I am very lucky with my girlfriend, I was actually having my first steroid experience when I met her. I told her after a little over a month of dating as I like to have everything out in the open. She told me it was ok as long as I knew what I was doing…Now she helps me get 'roids from a vet nurse friend of hers. :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I tell - actually - my mother ends up finding out about all my drug use, but she suspected i took anabolics before i told her.

B

Wait steroids arent illegal in Wales? That is part of England?

To have possession of pharma produced steroids is not illegal.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.