Your Experiences With Spike?

its a very subtle thing for me too… i am a caffeine junkie and still rely on the stuff when i have to lift big… but, yes i do feel it, and it is supposed to build up, thats why on the instructions it says take it for a week straight to maximize effects.

I have found it very effective though when i lack sleep. it just takes the fogginess away and i am able to focus on the task at hand.

I have to take three to feel anything,lol.

I’ve experienced the same as Trig and Dave2.
Also clears my sinuses like nothing else. Can’t explain that for the life of me, but with a deviated septum and bad sinusitis in the winter, I don’t care why.

Have some of you people completely fried your nervous systems or something?

I need not take more than 1 tablet of Spike at a time to have a very obvious positive effect and it’s far from subtle. I don’t even know anyone that can take more than 2 tablets at a time without overstimulation.

I think I could give my wife a half tablet and she’d clean the entire house, twice.

This is powerful stuff (and I’m worried about some of you!)

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
I need not take more than 1 tablet of Spike at a time to have a very obvious positive effect and it’s far from subtle. I don’t even know anyone that can take more than 2 tablets at a time without overstimulation.
[/quote]

It depends on how the body takes it. I’ve always had to take the max dose of anything to feel the effect.

I’m gonna chime in here:
I’ve taken Spike prior to workouts and on days of increased stress (long nights, etc) and felt “normal” and able to focus throughout my workout.

I’ve also taken Spike numerous times before drinking and noticed my clarity has increased (but not necessarily tolerance).

Good all-around supplement for occasion boosts.

I’m with ChrisKing, I can’t tolerate more than 2 at a time and that’s only on sprinting days. Normally 1 is plenty, almost too much, lol. Great supplement.

While I love HOT-ROX, Spike didn’t do too much for me. I’ve used it prior to meetings with clients for a little boost, but it’s a pretty short-term “buzz” for me. Granted, I haven’t eaten two yet like a lot of others here, however. I have half of a bottle left that I guess I’ll eventually get to at some point. I’ll stick to Starbucks and a half-scoop of Grow!..err…I mean Metabolic Drive, for my early a.m. pre-workout eye-opener.

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your input and advice. So today, the second dose of Spike, two pills, and I feel nothing. I guess I’ll stick to HOT-ROX, which at first had a marked effect, but now it’s mild but noticeable. Hmmm…

aloha,
chinadoll:)

I haven’t really experienced a difference with HOT-ROX or with Spike. But then, I’ve taken six no-doze with a bottle of mountain dew and still didn’t feel anything (well, my heart was thumping pretty hard, but no cognitive effects… other than FEAR).

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your input and advice. So today, the second dose of Spike, two pills, and I feel nothing. I guess I’ll stick to HOT-ROX, which at first had a marked effect, but now it’s mild but noticeable. Hmmm…

aloha,
chinadoll:)[/quote]

With regards to the lowered effects of HOT-ROX I have to agree. I did notice the recommended dose went from 2 to 4 caps. At the same time I notice the fat burning effects have diminished. Granted I’m fairly lean as is. However, as a FFB I have to watch what I eat.

[quote]lxxj wrote:
With regards to the lowered effects of HOT-ROX I have to agree. I did notice the recommended dose went from 2 to 4 caps. At the same time I notice the fat burning effects have diminished. Granted I’m fairly lean as is. However, as a FFB I have to watch what I eat. [/quote]

You’re confusing the recommended dosages for HOT-ROX with Maximum Strength HOT-ROX. They are different products.

Generally, I don’t feel I need stimulation to workout. I’ve tried Spike a few time (1-cap). Not really sure about the effect. I keep a bottle on hand, but don’t use it regularly.

I’ve been trying Power Drive on a regular basis before my early morning workout. Take 1 dose immediately after waking, then follow it with a cup of coffee about 10-15 minutes later. Hit the workout 30-45 minutes after that.

Again, not sure about the effect. Seem to have good intensity and from most of the workout plans I see, my would probably qualify as over-training. But, I don’t feel any over-training effects, so maybe I’m getting the recovery benefits.

I noticed in Waterbury’s newest article – something about keeping lean without dieting – he recommended Power Drive “after” the workout and Spike before.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
How are you guys judging effectiveness here?

I can get pretty zapped from a red bull but I still wouldn’t compare red bull to Spike.

The whole aww for me is that the physical awareness of the change isn’t jaw dropping but the overall result is.

If you want to be wired go 2-3 route. For me, 1 is a great euphoria.

I notice the effectiveness on comparison more so than on simply sitting there 20 minutes later and judging how I feel.

Honestly, Its just something you have to feel and notice, not judge.[/quote]

As far as I can tell, it doesn’t affect me emotionally at all. It can increase energy levels like caffeine for me and perhaps improves alertness and ability to concentrate to a slightly great degree for me than caffeine.

[quote]chinadoll wrote:

aloha,
chinadoll:)[/quote]

Tolerance. It happens with any drug.

I was a little hesitant with Spike before, I had taken it prior to a workout and only had minor improvements over any regular workout so I had sort of written it off. Then tonight I decided to take it before I went out to see what it did, turns out it worked so amazingly for me in a social setting. I went from a normally shy guy with no game to the center of attention with a group of people I had just met. For me Spike effected me much more in that sense and I think I will purchase a bottle in the not too distant future

I have been using Spike for 3 weeks now, and seems to get better every time I take it. I always wake up have a glass of water and 2 Spike tablets on a empty stomach. Have a shower and breakfast and then I’m set for work.

The effects for me last about 10 hours.
And take 1.5hrs to kick in.

So far i’m impressed with the supplement. Especially considering the job im in. It’s helped lots with quick thinking process and remembering important legal terms. Verbal skills also improved.

I’ll rate it a 9/10.

I feel the same as Vroom - a subtle boost, especially helpful after sleep disrupted by children. I am so much more productive on the days I take Spike.

I honestly think Biotest should advertise Spike in parenting magazines, all the sleep-deprived new moms out there could really benefit from this stuff!

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
I feel the same as Vroom - a subtle boost, especially helpful after sleep disrupted by children. I am so much more productive on the days I take Spike.

I honestly think Biotest should advertise Spike in parenting magazines, all the sleep-deprived new moms out there could really benefit from this stuff!
[/quote]

The new “Mommy’s little helper”?

One does nothing that I notice. Two, wow! I was so focused and wired without the shakes. My concentration was incredible, but boy did I crash when it wore off. Caffiene does nothing for me as well.