Your Election Prediction

This fucking clown:

I’m feeling the Johnson, but in a state that will go to Hillary by 20% so it’s moot.

Either way, that isn’t the go time I was referring to. Better get in shape gentlemen and leave letters to your daughters explaining what happened.

1 Like

Ya, that’s MD too.

:+1:

1 Like

He’s not. Non-Trumpians like him, and even those who don’t agree with him appreciate his straight forward approaches.

Nope, again you’re wrong. he said, “I would sue any president that exceeds his or her powers”

The article, that you posted, then says “It’s unclear, however, if Ryan thinks Trump enacting a ban on Muslims entering the country would actually exceed presidential powers. “That’s a legal question that there’s a good debate about,” Ryan said, pointing to the 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act.”

The fact is people have presented the legal argument to you, smh to be exact, which you couldn’t rebuttal in any way. That proves there is a decent legal argument that banning people based on their Religion violates the establishment clause.

Says you. Not even the Huffington Post would say that… and that’s saying something.

For someone who gets upset at media spin (huffington post) you have a habit of spinning things to fit your worldview. Try to at least be somewhat objective and stop spewing nonsense.

2 Likes

Me too.

Fuck your 20 characters in the ass

No joke.

On the other topic I am playing the long game. I have already decided that barring a miracle (which I do believe in) 1 of 2 shitty candidates will be in office. The next election after that though–we need to start focusing on getting federal funding for a 3rd party to keep making waves and gaining momentum.

1 Like

Betfair isn’t a poll, it’s a binary option and the underlying is the winner of the Presidential Election. If Hillary wins it goes to 100, if Trump wins it goes to 0. You make (or lose) the difference between where you get in and where it settles (or where you get out before the election).

In an historic case, the House sued Obama for overreach on the Obama care insurance corridors (paying money without having that money appropriated by Congress). The case is pending. Do you get anything right ever?

3 Likes

If there was anything I could do to stop Clinton from winning, I would do it. However the majority of Americans are sheep that follow the loudest drum beat. Barry took office twice because of media spinning and advertisements. Many Catholics voted for Barry and he supports open slaughter of innocent children, the majority of Catholics voted for him! The same thing is going to happen with Clinton. She is even worse than Barry. The worst part, she will nominate judges to the extreme left and both the Senate and Congress are going to follow. Bad times are coming. In my opinion our Empire is going to soon collapse and this country will have to start anew. After America folds up, many countries in the world will follow. Again my opinion, but I believe it is because people no longer have morals. Yet I am happy because I know people are able to do awesome things when the chips are down. Bring it!!

I think Hillary is going to win at the end, because her surname is CLINTON.

I’ve been pretty quiet on this matter because I see no reason to constantly reiterate my original prediction, but now seems to be a good time to restate my months and months old prediction:

Hillary wins in a landslide.

I will add that Johnson gets a very high response compared to normal 3rd party candidates, second only to Perot in 1992 in recent history.

Trump will be smashed electorally and the call I made over a year ago at the beginning of the primaries, that the longer Trump stays in the game the more damage he will do to the Republican party, will come catastrophically true. The only real chance the GoP leaders have to win more long term influence–or more accurately to avoid party atrophy directly related to this monstrosity–is to openly disavow their support for Trump. I predict however that commensurate with their current head-up-ass position they will throw away long term party viability in a last ditch attempt to gain an immediate short term Pyrrhic victory for POTUS. This, of course, will fail.

In essence they will Trump Trump, doubling down when they should fold.

3 Likes

I think Peggy Noonan summarized my current feelings on this election. "We are unsettled. The big thing looms and so many are still groping toward a decision. We would all like it to be over. I think of the farmer who treed a coon and then climbed up to shake it out of the branches. The coon turned out to be a wild lynx, which bit him and scratched and put up a heckuva fight. The farmer’s friends heard his screams and gathered below with guns, but no one could get a clear shot. Finally the farmer shouted: ‘Just shoot up here amongst us, one of us has got to get some relief.’"

I just want this thing to be over.

1 Like

I think I said it in some thread older than this one that Hillary would win by at least 5%, I’m predicting more like 10% now. I can’t tell with Johnson so far, I see more negative stuff about him than positive, the MSM is doing really good to keep this a two party system, or a 1 party system this year. If you tend to read more libertarian leaning news you might think hes doing better than he will. The never Trump side is doing as much as they can to make him seem so bad you should vote for Hillary instead of 3rd party to prevent the slimmest chance he can get a win even if your not a fan of her.

Oh he’s not going to win.

But I think he’s going to get more than 8% of the vote. Possibly double digits.

I agree, Aragorn.

Trumps supporters are as passionate as I have seen any supporters in years.

Have any of you seen the scene in “Gettysburg” were Robert E. Lee was riding pass his exhausted and beaten troops as he headed to the McLean house to sign the surrender?

As I listened to Trump supporter’s today; they sounded almost exactly the same as Robert E. Lee’s troops.

Trumps “troops” are not giving up…they do not want him to give up…and they are angry at the GOP for being “spineless” and not getting behind Trump.

It’s amazing.

1 Like

Just to be clear, you were aware I was referring to Johnson grabbing double digits right? :wink:

In any case I agree about Trumps troops

Oh! My DUMB mistake, Aragorn.

I thought you were referring to Trump.

(With two major candidates; both will get double-digits anyway, right?)

My train of thought was that Trump will ultimately do better than people think due to the Loyalty of his followers.

In terms of Johnson. Utah continues to be an interesting State in all of this. While there is no-way that Clinton could win in Utah even if she was the only candidate running…neither can Trump (I think they went overwhelming for Cruz in the Primary?)

I bring it up because it is proving to be one of Johnson’s strongest States.

The “Neither Clinton nor Trump” sentiment seems to be especially strong there for some reason.

3 Likes

Oh no worries…we can both dream can’t we? haha

For the record I think you may be right about Trump’s output, but I have a hard time quantifying what that means. In modern presidential politics anything over 10% margin is a whooping on election day. While election day MIGHT see Trump wthin 10% of HRC at the end of it (which I don’t think will happen), he will get absolutely crushed in electoral math.

Hearing so much talk about down ticket disruption due to Trump makes me wonder if there might be many who would punch ticket on GOP except for Prez.

The thesis being Trump is too loose of a cannon, but feeling the need to balance Clinton with an even stronger Legislature. Perhaps large enough to override veto or Executive Orders.

US doesn’t seem as tolerant of 2 branches and prez being same party for long periods like in the past, say 60s and earlier.

1 Like