T Nation

Your Bud's Worst Excuse

Alright, the Excuses For Not Getting To the Gym thread had me thinking (and yes, it still hurts).

What are some of the worst excuse you’ve heard from your buds when you asked them to hit the gym with you?

Mine: “Naw, man, I don’t want to have to use steroids.”

I question myself often about why I hang out with them.

Hit me with your best shot.

“I don’t want to get big, I just want to be TONED”

What morons.

[quote]atmosphere wrote:

Hit me with your best shot.[/quote]

insert guitar solo

Well I’ve heard that “walking briskly to class is exercise… (they) are out of breath when they get there. Thats why (they) attended a city school.”

How about… “My doctor came back and said my blood profile and urinalysis were fine.”

Always this one… “Don’t have time.” You’re in @^%#ing college how much more time do you need?!

Wasnt a friend but a guy at the school gym asked me and a friend for advice on benching more and getting more muscular.

My freind told him to SQUAT!

He said, “Oh I dont need to do legs I run alot.”

“Yeah, I probably should”

[quote]ipjunkie wrote:
“I don’t want to get big, I just want to be TONED”

What morons.[/quote]

Classic. Some people think you can build your back muscle by sneezing too hard. Rant alert You can’t do weight training and wake up ripped like a Mr Olympia overnight.

“I build muscle easily and don’t want to get huge, just keep what I have and get shredded”

Ya right, guys like you could give big Ronnie a run for his money if you were serious. Lucky him you’re a wuss

Not necessiarly a freind story but…

My gf just became an assistant High School Girls Soccer coach…she was walking with one of the junior girls and said to her. “I can’t wait till I can get you guys in the weightroom.” The girl replies, “What? Are you serious? I can’t lift weights, I’m weak, I can’t even lift the bar.”

Oy

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Wasnt a friend but a guy at the school gym asked me and a friend for advice on benching more and getting more muscular.

My freind told him to SQUAT!

He said, “Oh I dont need to do legs I run alot.”

[/quote]

Oh man.

Reminds me of Chris’ blog from awhile ago where the guy thought Shugs built his arms from the running motion.

I can’t believe how clueless some people are.

Lots of funny excuses - keep 'em coming!

I was a late bloomer. Started lifting in college. A guy said this to some of my buds on my freshmen floor behind my back, “If I worked out as much as him I’d look like Arnold.”
He also said I was gay for hitting the gym so much. I let both of those statements get to me a little bit. I think I got bigger and stronger from hearing somebody take a piss on me.

I don’t ask any of them. The ones that work out do so at varying degrees of seriousness, sometimes with me. Those that dont, well, they’re not getting their asses out of the bar to hit the gym anytime soon.

My buds, “no I don’t have time after work, I need to unwind and have a few beers”. Fuckers end up drinking a 12 pack each. Damn drunks. This is every night.