T Nation

Your Biggest Gain in Shortest Amount of Time?

HI I was just wondering how many lbs you have been able to gain in how many days.

atm I'm trying to regain some weight share your experiences

[quote]pampama wrote:
HI I was just wondering how many lbs you have been able to gain in how many days.

atm I’m trying to regain some weight share your experiences [/quote]

It aint about that man.

[quote]pampama wrote:

atm I’m trying to regain some weight share your experiences [/quote]

I have gained as much as 10-15lbs in a weekend after dropping weight.

Some pro football [players are known to lose over 15-20lbs in a single game (mostly the bigger linemen). They will gain that weight back shortly assuming they simply rehydrate and eat.

The bigger you are, the greater the daily weight fluctuations and the larger leaps can be made during times of all out stress.

It sounds like you’re one of those guys that comes into the gym for 2 months to try to get “big” and realizes it isn’t something you can do in several days. If you’re talking muscle, (not just weight) you’re looking at .5-1lb every 2-3 weeks with intense training and dieting. If you’re talking just weight, well, how many pizzas can you eat in a day?

While I was in high school wrestling, I lost and gain 5-10 lbs daily.

Now, actual weight gain was about 5 lbs a month bulking post-wrestling season at 170 lbs to 210 for football. I ate nearly everything and had a bit of fat gain.

USMC boot camp gained almost 20 lbs just by eating better. Pullups went fron 11 max to 22 max considering the weight gain. I ate like shit in high school. Mountina Dew, Hot Pockets and Pizza Rolls.

2nd time: after I got out and started training correctly. Simple shit like touching the bar to my chest on bench and squatting to parallel.

Whoops

3rdly dieting for a show with Stu as my coach. By far the best shape I’ve ever been in.

I gained 5 lbs during a smolov jr. cycle, so 5 lbs in 3 weeks. I on’t know how much of it was but I made no det changes other than taking 50g of BCAAs a day. I don’t know what would happen if I ran smolov jr. cycles back to back