Your Biggest Bodybuilding Wins!

My biggest win: when I learned that this is about extremes, not moderation.

Realizing Bodybuilding is not considered “normal” and now doing things that are not considered “normal” on a daily basis to reach my goals.

finally figuring out it was my food intake that was to blame for the lack of my progress not genetics or no b.s. like that. after that everything took off. and no i didnt say my fish oil intake, or my protein pulses, or creatine intake. just straight food and shakes with olive oil. practical isnt always optimal but it sure as hell gets pretty close.

1 Gram of protein per pound of body weight works for most of us sometimes more is needed.
Real food taste delicious and fish oil helps the joints.
Split training.
Training weaknesses.
Feeling the muscle instead of going through the motion.

did mobility work till i could self fellate.

realized appropriate diet is responsible for most of your results appropriate training helps but as long as youre doing something that makes sense just do what you like.

on that note, 1 Papa John and his $10 unlimited topping large pizza will bust most strength plateaus when properly periodized. I reccommend ham, pepperoni, three cheese, pineapple, mushroom, roma tomato, and extra sauce. Guaranteed PR 1.5 days later.

discovered the love of deadlifting, which brings me up when im feeling down and gives me a new scorecard to judge how my week is going, and I even allmighty 5 day spring break benders have not stopped my steady progress on that lift. I believe in deadlifting more than in jesus or efficient market hypothesis.

also, ambien to put my brain to rest when it if being rebellious and staying up late whne it shouldnt. Id like to dedicate this post to my pre-bed ambien induced state. Ill be up early, recovered, shit out whatever my body couldnt absorb overnight of my fish oil megadose, eat a crap protein and carbed up fast food breakfast with a beverage containing near lethal levels of caffiene on the way to the gym and hit the weights hard before work, sweat at my desk all morning for no reason, then lunch will be steak and eggs or milanesa and some empanadas, and for dinner 2 chicken breasts and veggies sliced all to hell and covered in Texas Pete with another overdose of fish oil, maybe work some cheese into the mix.

[quote]Shontayne wrote:
You should only be allowed to post in this thread if you have substantial development of put on alot of muscle.[/quote]

No chance of that. There are people posting who haven’t even ever posted their stats, let alone pics of their progress.

Well, the definition of a ‘win’ is probably different for everyone.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Well, the definition of a ‘win’ is probably different for everyone.

S[/quote]

I hope not. Bodybuilding is pretty straight forward. If there are no muscles there, you fail at it.

While I agree, I think yours and my definitions are similar, look at the young kid who’s 120 lbs. Getting ‘bulked up’ to 150 can be viewed as quite an accomplishment. Should he be giving out advice on here? Of course not,… should he be lauded somewhat? Sure (somewhat).

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
While I agree, I think yours and my definitions are similar, look at the young kid who’s 120 lbs. Getting ‘bulked up’ to 150 can be viewed as quite an accomplishment. Should he be giving out advice on here? Of course not,… should he be lauded somewhat? Sure (somewhat).

S[/quote]

…which is why progress matters.

When I was that 150lbs kid, I shut up and listened. There is no way in hell that I (the 150lbs kid) would have logged into a bodybuilding forum talking about how I succeeded…because I hadn’t built anything yet.

I think that points back to a larger problem of every lazy fucker on the net wanting credit for things they haven’t really done yet. They want the attention of the guy with 20" arms but without all of the work.

Hell, I’m not in position to give anybody advice (but I do), but I can say this is what i did, this is what happened to me. I won’t be giving X or Stu advice any time soon though, or anyone bigger than me…

11: Not reading posts from people who don’t post pics/stats. There is one exception, Cephalic_carnage, who either is a monstrous, family size-piza-washed-down-with-whey german, or the biggest KJ on the internet. Or both. he 's probably big enough to be both a sizable bodybuilder and a little nerd.

[quote]Fezzik wrote:
-Abandoning barbell bench as a chest exercise.
I made this switch a long time and have never regretted it. I realize it works for some people, but my shoulders and tris tended to dominate. DB work is much more effective for me, and my shoulder health isn’t an issue anymore either.[/quote]
my biggest gains on flat bench came when i decided to use db presses more and refocus on tri strength.

anyways my biggest win was also initially a fail and that was learning the importance of good mornings to help strengthen my lower back.
i learned the first time i went over 250lbs that my lower back was weak and really failed to help support my weight. i lost weight and later added good mornings and got well over 250 and was able to move without lower back pain

true that everyone posting isn’t huge and accomplished, myself of course included, but you can still have successes along the way that are positive experiences and contribute to the eventual goal of being larger and stronger. we’ve all learned along the way and had “aha!” moments that others might be able to benefit from, so i think it’s fair to listen to any reasonable opinion here.

-Learning to feel the muscle during an exercise. (Defiantly brought up my chest with this one)

-learning to workout with my strengths/weaknesses in mind. (no need to do a 2 hour leg workout when my legs will grow from squats and deadlifts).

-“G-flux” works…for me. My diet can be within 90% and I can still be somewhat soft middled if I am not decently active.

-Isolate when needed.

[quote]agent37 wrote:
true that everyone posting isn’t huge and accomplished, myself of course included, but you can still have successes along the way that are positive experiences and contribute to the eventual goal of being larger and stronger. we’ve all learned along the way and had “aha!” moments that others might be able to benefit from, so i think it’s fair to listen to any reasonable opinion here.[/quote]

Most of the skinny guys here still haven’t had a true “aha” moment even if they think they have…which is WHY THEY ARE STILL FUCKING SMALL.

this is true - many haven’t gotten there yet. but you know as well as anyone that this takes a long time - i was just making the point that there’s certainly points along the way where you can have small successes and learn even though you haven’t achieved a tremendous level of development. even if you do have a legit enlightened moment, you can’t gain 30 lbs of muscle overnight, so implementing good ideas is only part of the puzzle - it will still take time and consistency.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]agent37 wrote:
true that everyone posting isn’t huge and accomplished, myself of course included, but you can still have successes along the way that are positive experiences and contribute to the eventual goal of being larger and stronger. we’ve all learned along the way and had “aha!” moments that others might be able to benefit from, so i think it’s fair to listen to any reasonable opinion here.[/quote]

Hamburger hamburger hamburger[/quote]

Aha!

hahah! oh man can’t believe you did that

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]agent37 wrote:

Hamburger hamburger hamburger[/quote]

Aha![/quote]

Lol, that never gets old

Losing the ego and dropping the weight for form

Doing the exercises I dislike the most has had a large impact on improvement

Sticking to the basics (heavy compound movements, food, and sleep)