Your 30-10-30 Results

As others have pointed out, that’s simply wrong. Coaches and training methods are objectively critiqued and constructively (sometimes unconstructively) criticized pretty regularly.

It’s definitely a T Nation thing to show respect for hard work that delivers results while also applying accountability and, when necessary, calling BS to keep people honest and humble.

I’d suggest that’s largely due to the fact that the majority of HIT advocates deliberately avoid discussions involving contrary views and prefer to stay isolated.

Because being surrounded by unwavering, thoroughly biased cheerleaders doesn’t help anyone. Offering constructive criticism is one of the best ways to help someone improve.

As I’ve said time and time again, that’s not really a thing. Dr. Darden’s Coaching forum is one of 20+ different forums on this site. While members are certainly welcome to frequent the sections they prefer (like the PWI regulars who may or may not actually lift or the Powerlifters who stay in their chalk-scented corner), this section is for coaching advice from Dr. Darden, it’s not a catch-all HIT forum. That’s a general training topic and those threads can and will be taken to Bigger, Stronger, Leaner.

I just re-read the thread twice and didn’t see a single instance of HIT being bashed and only one tangential reference to Jones. The results of this specific experiment are what is being discussed.

This really is the crux of the issue. The results are being presented as some phenomenal achievement, but objective eyes are pointing out the flaws. Of course the idea of the Colorado Experiment is awesome. Lots of ideas are awesome. Shower sex is an awesome idea. But the reality doesn’t live up to the hype. Same situation here.

Only difference is, people who’ve already decided that HIT is an optimal way to train seem unable to recognize its shortcomings.

We’ve got nine years of semiannual Photo/Video Check-ins and five years of T-ransformation challenges that should calm those worries. This ties 100% back to what I said earlier about T Nation being all about respecting hard work while providing accountability.

Now, with all of that said, this thread has been hijacked long enough and should return to its original topic. Continued debate about the Colorado Experiment thread belongs in that thread, and it’ll be very insightful to see whether or not the conversation does continue: Trainer Re-Created The Colorado Experiment

4 Likes