T Nation

Younger Female Development?

can someone tell me what it is that has these girls developing so quick? i see 15, 16, and 17 year old girls with better bodies than ones in their 20s so can someone tell me if theres some growth hormone floating around in food so i can get some for myself? haha

Environmental estrogens? I have noticed a similar thing.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
can someone tell me what it is that has these girls developing so quick? i see 15, 16, and 17 year old girls with better bodies than ones in their 20s so can someone tell me if theres some growth hormone floating around in food so i can get some for myself? haha[/quote]

Younger women are usually more active and just haven’t had a chance to fatten up as much.

I heard a study a while ago(granted who knows about these studies, half the time they’re wrong). But basically it had to do with the fact that kids are eating a lot more saturated fat like fried foods, and fast food. Definately sucks when you see a 14 year old walking down the street with the body of a 25 year old. LOL.

PS You won’t find any teens walking around with a body like Jamie Eason though…thank god! :-P.

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
PS You won’t find any teens walking around with a body like Jamie Eason though…thank god! :-P.[/quote]

The only reason I can see that as being a good thing is so we dont read about someone on here on CNN.com about sexual harrassment.

It’s all because they haven’t gone to college yet and found frat parties where they drink tons of beer and fatten up. Combine that with lack of sleep for 4 years and not so many look fit anymore.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
It’s all because they haven’t gone to college yet and found frat parties where they drink tons of beer and fatten up. Combine that with lack of sleep for 4 years and not so many look fit anymore.
[/quote]

I can’t agree more. The female prime is now about 18 or 19. After college begins they stop being active, drink too much beer and eat too much pizza. They have about 1-2 years of this before the fat begins to be stored in places that do not flatter the female figure.

If you want a serious answer here goes.

Hypothesis 1: Hormones and chemicals in milk are responsible (the website notmilk.com) could easily scare some people into giving up dairy).

Hypothesis 2: Better nutrition is the culprit. Seems like everthing we eat these days is fortified with calcium, vitamin c, etc.

There may be other possible explanations, but those are 2 I heard in my undergrad.

[quote]BigBen72 wrote:

Hypothesis 1: Hormones and chemicals in milk are responsible (the website notmilk.com) could easily scare some people into giving up dairy).

Hypothesis 2: Better nutrition is the culprit. Seems like everthing we eat these days is fortified with calcium, vitamin c, etc.

There may be other possible explanations, but those are 2 I heard in my undergrad. [/quote]

I’ve heard these also. Another one I hear is the growth hormones in meat working just like the milk.

Age of puberty is dropping, there are several theories and potential causes involving:

environmental estrogens,

Increased body fat at an earlier age and,

Absence of the natural father (presence of the actual father raises the age of puberty, don’t ask me why, this is what we were taught).

MTV

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
tw0scoops2 wrote:
PS You won’t find any teens walking around with a body like Jamie Eason though…thank god! :-P.

The only reason I can see that as being a good thing is so we dont read about someone on here on CNN.com about sexual harrassment.

[/quote]

Exactly my point :slight_smile:

I think girls probably care more about the way they look nowadays, especially impressionable youths(Hollywood gets idolized by that age group).

the scary thing about enviormental estrogens (if thats the case) would mean that us males are getting the same amount.

its kind of tricky because i see some some pretty big kids and some pretty small ones too. i know a kid whos 16 with a full beard that looks like hes in his 20’s and then i see other kids who are 17 that look 12. so its hard to indefinately say its estrogen or growth hormoes, because if it were enviormental estrogen then the men would inhibit it too and become smaller/more women like…which is happening
yet if it were growth hormone more men would be larger which is also happening.

im hoping for the growth hormone theory because that way it means im just getting more growth hormones and not being raped by enviormental estrogens.

sidenote: anyone else ever notice that latina women are gorgeous until they hit 30? its like they have perfect bodies and all of sudden some biological timer goes off and she goes from being 120 to 240 before she can blow out the candles on her 30th birthday.

[quote]BigBen72 wrote:

There may be other possible explanations, but those are 2 I heard in my undergrad. [/quote]

I don’t believe the first one. Milk produced without additional hormones is chemically indistinguishable from milk produced by giving hormones to the cows.

2 is possible but I think environmental estrogens also play a role.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
the scary thing about enviormental estrogens (if thats the case) would mean that us males are getting the same amount.
…[/quote]

Our test levels are lower than the previous generations were at the same age. Some of that can be attributed to bodyfat but most of it cannot.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
BigBen72 wrote:

There may be other possible explanations, but those are 2 I heard in my undergrad.

I don’t believe the first one. Milk produced without additional hormones is chemically indistinguishable from milk produced by giving hormones to the cows.

2 is possible but I think environmental estrogens also play a role.[/quote]

You’re a fount of knowledge Zap, I always enjoy reading your posts.

I think the idea of the milk hypothesis has more to do with the increasing ammount of dairy that is in the american diet. Too much of a good thing?

http://www.notmilk.com/sfchron.html

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
BigBen72 wrote:

2 is possible but I think environmental estrogens also play a role.[/quote]

Couldn’t it just be that we’re gasp getting older? I remember getting a lot of shirts off of a lot of girls when I was that age and they were ALL well-developed. Might just be a case of the lolita blues?

Side note: I totally agree with the above poster about latina women. It would seem that the size of their head doubles when they turn 30. I blame it on environmental estrogens.

-Sab

There are other studies like this. I feel like I read one before that was focused on carbohydrate intake and not total caloric.