Young Man in Military Starting TRT

[quote]KSman wrote:
jdub, are you looking for a doc in the KCKS area? I reference one above.[/quote]

No, I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Been having bad luck with every endocrinologist I see

Why an endo? Have you read the finding a trt doc sticky?

I visited the doctor in Tulsa. I will be starting

50 mg test. twice a week
35 mg HCG twice a week

Repeat of labs after six weeks.
My meds should arrive in the mail today. I will inject as soon as I get home.

I will be injecting on each monday and thursday.

Labs included CBC, Metabolic panel - of these two platelets were the only out of range number.

Lipid panel showed my total cholesterol was 246 (100-199) and LDL Calc was 178 (0-99)

My labs were completed 20 days after my last 400mg test. injection.

Test
Total 365 (348-1197)
Free 7 (8.7-25.1)

Estradiol Sensitive 10 (3-70)

PSA 1.6 (0-4)

The last three mornings I have taken my temperature.

It was 99.6 degrees all three. I took it immediately after getting out of bed - straight to the kitchen, grab thermometer and let it sit orally for three minutes.

If you did not see my bizzarre anatomy post - I had my embolization on Thursday. The doc said that I did not have gonadal veins! I asked for clafication from the nurse later and she said that she’s never heard of it - but the doc says it happens. A lot of internet research later I’ve discovered that there are plenty of cases out there for unusual configurations of these veins in where they connect and also in duplication. My best guess is that I am one of these anomalies and my gonadal vein(s) on the left side were just not where he expected. He did say he embolized some vein around there - but I was still coming up from sedation and do not remember what. Now, 4 days later, my varicocele on that side is smaller. My testicles feel lighter. I’ve always had “low hangers” now the left is creeping upward - but the right still hangs the same, has some intermittent discomfort (not painful as before, but that was always hit or miss), and I can feel the varicoceles still on both sides. I wouldn’t expect any change on the right.

35 mg HCG twice a week

You are injecting iu’s of hCG. Definitely not 35mg. If hCG is mixes to 1000iu per ml and you inject 0.35ml that will be 350iu. On an insulin syringe that would read 35iu. Some mix hCG to 2000iu/ml and inject smaller volumes.

99.6 or 98.6?

Thanks - exactly as you stated - 350 iu - .35ml.

99.6 all three mornings. with two nines!

Odd with the temperatures. Can you see of anyone else can get a 98.6?

Also check mid afternoon temperatures.

You need to see if there are any trends in the temperatures and also need to determine if you can trust the thermo. If the thermo LCD has a bad segment in the second digit, 8 could look like 9

If temps really are high, that is another thing to study.

Wow. In my defense my biggest complaint that led me to the doc was I felt like my intelligence had been cut in half.

My wife kindly pointed out that with this cheap thermometer I would need to shake it down between readings. I am such a dummy lately.

After properly using the stupid thing this morning:

97.2…

I’ve read the sticky. Not going to take action beyond monitoring until my 20th appt with the endo.

I received my meds… but the box with supplies hasn’t arrived. Hopefully today I can restart treatment.

10-4

Insomnia is hitting me hard. Took forever to fall asleep… and now it’s almost 4, 90 minutes before me alarm is set, and I am so awake I’m just not going to fight it. Still waiting for my syringes to arrive. It’s only been 10 days since my last 400mg t shot. Could it really have dove this far already?! I called a local pharmacy… they said since they didn’t fill my script they cannot give me the single syringe I need. Dicks. Temp right when I woke up: 97 even.

In many USA States, including KS and MO, you can get insulin syringes without an Rx. Ask for box of 100, 1/2ml 1/2" #29 and use these for hCG and T. [Cheap ?$14? at Sam’s and Walmart, their Relion house brand.] Also get box of alcohol prep pads, on the shelf with diabetic supplies.

With a large T shot, the T is quite gone in 10 days, but E2 can linger, T:E2 ratio is poor and you feel the drop as well as the levels.

Sleep:

• 5-6mg time release melatonin, at Walgreens. MUST BE time release.
  • Rx Trazodone 150mg. Get #90 for $10 at Walmart. Start with 25mg, breaks to 25, 50, 75mg
  • get cramps? - magnesium deficiency

Thanks! I already called Walgreens this morning and they said that I could get them without a script - I went right in and then gave myself my first injection of T in their parking lot. Will wait until I get home for HCG since I haven’t mixed it and REALLY don’t want to put it in the fridge at work!

I ran out of Cellucor ZMA two weeks ago. It helped with sleep a lot. It has melatonin in it. I also have perscription melatonin too - not sure if either are slow release or not.

Do not forget about prolactin test and prolactin inhibitor. I recommend quinagolide as not producing Dangerous vasoconstriction as popular cabergoline (to long half life) or

Bromocriptine do. Best regards, don’t forget share your

experience. Thx

“”“I recommend quinagolide as not producing Dangerous vasoconstriction as popular cabergoline (to long half life) “”” ???

Such problems with cabergoline are only associated with high doses used in parkinson’s and never with the low doses used for hyperprolactinemia.

Please read more carefully so you do not appear to be alarmist.

I also would like to know what you are doing as this thread had not yet mentioned prolactin, adinoma or cabergoline. Not a good showing for your first and only post here.

With cabergoline slow tritation.

I prefer metergoline because enhance sexuality both ways
dopamine agonist as serotonin antagonist. But available at Italy and Germany. (Just personal, like share knowledge)

TRT about post? Yes.() so prolactin should be an issue.

Second post so what?

Not Dr but just own research and self experience

Are you?

I hope this help you. Best regards.