Young Guy with Low Testosterone...

hoping all you wily vets can chime in on my unique situation, i was told to post this in the over 35 section and get you guys 2 cents…i was just planning on starting my cycle april 1st. i was gonna do 500mgs test e/wk dbol 30 mgs/4 wks. adex.5mg eod. 10 week cycle.

well i had my bloodwork done monday. my doctor called me today and told me i was in great health and my cholesterol was great. but my testosterone level is 223.

he immediately asked if i wanted the gel or patch…i said more blood work, he strongly adviced i start one or the other right away and come back in two months. guys what should i do??? im 26 and im sure most of you will advise i just sells my roids and forget about the cycle but its hard when uve been waiting so long to start.

Also i had a testicular torsion when i was 16 so i had to have that testicle removed…other than that i feel fine…sex drive is through the roof, overall i have a great sense of well-being; so i dont feel like i have low test…i appreciate all the input and advice…maybe the great Bill Roberts will chime in…thanx guys!

Your labs and your [lack of] symptoms are not telling the same story. More tests.

Could the T lab be bogus?

Test for serum E2 and prolactin. Get LH and FSH. Check thyroid levels. You doc wants to treat your symptoms and not understand what it going on.

Transdermals may not work with training, sweating and showering.

When was your last cycle? What was PCT.

What is going on with body fat?

never done a cycle…this would be my first. im at 12% bf…my doc is on vacation til the 15 but im gonna ask for more bloodwork when he returns.

the way i see it, you’ve got a golden ticket to get pharmaceutical grade testosterone. just tell your doctor you want injections. why settle for low test levels when your doctor is so willing to give you supplemental test? but i guess as long as you don’t feel any symptoms of low test, theres really no need to… idk, i myself would definitely get on TRT if i was in your situation.

ive decided to go ahead with my planned cycle…after my pct ill get blood work done again and we’ll go from there…

If your hormones are already messed up don’t do a cycle. Seriously… You need to address this problem. If after proper labs you really do need TRT once on it you’ll make gains easily. With TRT I put on 20 lbs in 6 months and I would hardly call my workouts extreme.

Do a lot of reading and understand the systems you are going to mess with before manipulating them. It’s your long term health at risk.

Get a full set of labs and post the results here. You’ll get some great advice.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Your labs and your [lack of] symptoms are not telling the same story. More tests.

Could the T lab be bogus?

Test for serum E2 and prolactin. Get LH and FSH. Check thyroid levels. You doc wants to treat your symptoms and not understand what it going on.

Transdermals may not work with training, sweating and showering.

When was your last cycle? What was PCT.

What is going on with body fat?[/quote]

Not everyone is symptomatic. Some people are more sensitive than others. Like some women going through menopause have no problems and others turn into monsters. Time of day of the test is very important. Some people lvls completely bottom out yet when they test in the morning, around 8am they are in range. Then again if you tested other than in the morning and want to take steroids lol this is your chance to do it.

FT may change a lot for some during the day. TT will be quite steady and is a good lab proxy for total T output just as DHEA-s is used to eval DHEA.

i was tested at 9am…completely rested on an empty stomach…start my cycle april 1st…test e 750mgs week 1, 500 mgs wk 2-8…standard pct…ill let you guys know whats going on with it…thanx again for the advice and help

There’s a lot of things that can demolish your testosterone, even for a young guy: overtraining, lack of sleep and sleep disorders just to name a few. Are you sure you’ve looked at all the possibilities?

[quote]KSman wrote:
FT may change a lot for some during the day. TT will be quite steady and is a good lab proxy for total T output just as DHEA-s is used to eval DHEA.[/quote]

I’m finding different info on tt lvls and time of day.
The initial screening testosterone level may be done at any time of day, but a second testosterone level should be drawn in the morning to confirm hypogonadism
Thats from the merric manual

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/92/2/405
The concentration of TT varies with time of day.
Statement made in the article in the Endocrinology journal

Anyways as you get older it becomes less important (60-70 years old) but tt hits it zenith during the morning hours. This is for blood labs, I have no idea about the other tests

The half life of TT is quite long and the half life of FT is short. Low TT tells a story any time of day. TT is a better measure of total testoserone output where FT lab numbers can be a snap shot of a changing value.

The paper cited states that TT varies with time of day but says nothing more about that. All horomes are changing.

I hope you didn’t end up doing that cycle. I’ve experimented with that kind of stuff already having low T, and that made things a looooot more complicated. Once you’ve made all those gains on the cycle, if you’re previous levels aren’t even normal without the supplementation you have no chance of keeping it and your HPTA will be further wrecked like mine was. Stay away from the illegal stuff…if you need TRT go with that and you’ll actually be able to keep the benefits.