Young, Dumb and Broke

Thanks man, ultimately based on what I’ve read and can gather from research and articles is that strength will come from years and years of constantly adding weight to the bar slowly. I know it’ll come one day! I think in general I can get quite down about lack of progress however realistically Ive made a serious amount of progress in the last 18 months and I need to recognise that more.

1 Like

That’s good thinking - recognize that you’ve progressed but don’t get satisfied with it. Use it as a driving force, you’ve progressed well thus far, why would it stop here?

Good luck man

1 Like

Thanks buddy

1 Like

I was a good boy so I treated myself to more cardio.

30 mins incline walking

Cake out.

30 mins incline walking.

Weight down to 88.2 this morning.

Turns out everyone will judge you if you take books onto a treadmill to study.

Cake out.

Study? Ima watch a movie or something

Yeah had a uni practical exam today and was cramming, found it quite productive while walking and besides it took my mind off the endless walking.

30 mins incline walking

(kmn)

Cake out.

MOCK MEET-
SQUAT-
140X1
147.5X1
155X1

BENCH-
90X1
95X0
95X0

DEADLIFT-
172.5X1
180X0
180X0

I’ve hit 180 before for deadlifts so that was frustrating, but I got a massive squat PR (I’m aware 5kg isn’t massive however I hate squats and it just felt great- I’ll get the video uploaded at some point but it was the slowest rep I’ve ever done).

I’m switching back to Powerlifting to Wins Novice program again, its probably the best idea long term.

I’m also going to be contacting my fed about competing in the 93s as cutting 7 kilos is a stupid idea. (silly puppy brain).

Cake out.

1 Like

Well that went well…

1 Like

will be impressed if your reach your goals 2018. train smart.

1 Like

@guineapig super well thanks :joy:

I’ve got the help of a coach in the run up to the comp so that should keep me in line.

Cake out.

1 Like

Todays session- Deload week this week-

Squats 105x8x3 (65-70%ish) RPE 7
Comp Bench 60x8x3 (65-70%ish)RPE 7
Machine Row 50x8x3 RPE 7

Squats felt good if a little shaky, nervous system is still a little beat up. Overall moved nicely tho!

Cake out.

1 Like

Deadlifts from today
125x8x3 @RPE 7
Bench tng 60x8x3 - had no time to fix my hips and they were cramping so bad- I don’t like not squatting before benching if that makes sense! I did it feet up because I was in agony- and by feet up I mean hips at 90 degree flexion @RPE 7
Row- 52.5x8x3
Very quick session- did it in 35 minutes and spent 20 mins on deads as my heart rate just wouldn’t go down between sets!

Deload weeks are fun, like the look of the program coming up!

Cake out.

That’s how powerlifters get heart attacks also going up more than 2 steps. Stay safe brah

1 Like

Haha true that thanks man!

Got very dizzy, was about to take plates off and needed a sit down, I swear my heart rate was 200+

1 Like

First session of comp prep.

High bar Squat Paused 110kgx5 x3 @RPE6
Tempo Bench (4count eccentric no pause with explosive concentric) 50kgx5 x2 @RPE 5.5
Block Pulls (off 2 plates) 140kgx5 x2 @RPE6

Received a compliment for my high bar squat- which felt really good because I’m normally pretty shite at them but apparently not. (I can’t believed this happened because a guy squatted 150x5x3 at a much lighter bodyweight next to me)

Felt good.

Cake out.

Wednesdays sessions

Tempo high Bar 100x5 x3 @7 (positioning was good I think-just not sure on RPE on these as I felt like first set was 6 last was 7.5)
Spotto bench 70x5x2 (last set was worse than first one)
Leg exts 70x12x3 @6
Rows (pendlay) 70x6x4 @6

This took an age today as had to wait for stuff! Deffo need to get to gym earlier for later weeks of prep! Should be manageable tho when placement work load ends! felt good- really happy with high Bar positioning and form!

Squats 120x5x3 @6
Bench 70x5x3 @6
Nordic curls 5 second negative BWx8x3 @8
Tricep exts 12sx8x2 @6
(Wore knee sleeves on elbows)
Rows on machine 70x6x4 @6

Really tried to nail the RPE this session, felt like I manhandled the squats which was nice :joy: bench was a poor set up and the rest was boring but easy!

Saturdays workout-
Deadlifts 140x5x2@6
3 count pause bench 50x5x2 (second sets pauses weren’t long enough on a few reps)
Deficit deadlifts 110x5x2@6
Rows (lat pull down) 54x6x4@6

All felt solid- happy with deads