Young, and Looking to Get Strong

I’m 15, female and want to become freakishly strong! I was told about T-Nation by a friend and was hoping to get some good advice! i have been concentrating on weights for the last 2 months but my progress has been reasonably slow. at the moment my training programme consists of 2-3 cardio sessions a week plus 4-6 weight lifting sessions a week

currents stats are:

Height: 6"
Weight: 69kg
bench: 60kg
squat: 75Kg

please help!

Cut the cardio, Tell us about your diet. After that we can get into a lifting program for you.

Start Reading here.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=645666
Good luck!

Even being one large kid for a girl (YOU posted the stats) “freakishly strong” needs clarification.

Also 15 is a bit on the young side to expect results that are truly “freakish”, again depending on who’s scale you’re using.

What, you need to put a whooopin on an ex boyfriend or something? =]

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/articles.htm

[quote]John S. wrote:
Cut the cardio, Tell us about your diet. After that we can get into a lifting program for you.[/quote]

Hi!
I eat reasonably clean, although it is hard sometimes as i live at home. my diet consists of 3-4 meals per day that are high in protein (mainly meat, eggs, nuts and veges) and i try to avoid carbs where possible!

[quote]Nu B wrote:
John S. wrote:
Cut the cardio, Tell us about your diet. After that we can get into a lifting program for you.

Hi!
I eat reasonably clean, although it is hard sometimes as i live at home. my diet consists of 3-4 meals per day that are high in protein (mainly meat, eggs, nuts and veges) and i try to avoid carbs where possible! [/quote]

Define what you mean by freakishly strong. Power/olympic lifting, general overall strength and by whose standard. I also don’t how thoroughly you mean by avoiding carbs with an exclamation point.

150 pounds or so for a 6 foot girl is fairly lean too. Your family must carry a rather “robust” gene pool.

You can do whatever you set your mind to. Remember that. If you aren’t squatting, deadlifting, power cleaning, rowing, benching and doing millitary presses begin learning how. Get rid of the cardio work.

At your height (you’re about as tall as me), you should be a good deadlifter if you decide powerlift. Keep in mind w/e sport you choose, you will have to pack on some size. I’d say you could easily get to 180-200 lbs with the height you have. Remember that weight will compensate for poor leverages when you press and squat.

I’d begin with a solid program like Rippetoe’s Starting strength which can be found if you google it. One of the results should be for a guy with the screen name ‘Madcow’. Go to his site because it details the program in excellence.

Like others stated what are the goals of this freakish strength sport specific??

Are you willing to EAT and gain weight/mass for this strength?

Why no carbs?? Along with the above are you looking for freakish strength in relation to your body weight/body comp as of now or willing to add wieght carbs = friend of freakish strength.

The cardio?? Um goals are you needing to be able to jog do endurance for said goals. If no I would eliminate or change the cardio to something more Freakish strength oriented. Drag things, flip things, carry things, walks, short sprints all out rest repeat, tabata stuff, etc etc

Fire back some of that and heck even your program etc what your doing in the weight room but above all what is the goal of the freakish strength.

Phill

The reason for the " Freakish" strength is because i want to start competitvly powerlifting when i become old enough, and strong enough. I have been told i will need to wait until im inleast 16 (3months), therfore i have 3 months to get my strength “freakish” so i can do well!

[quote]Phill wrote:
Like others stated what are the goals of this freakish strength sport specific??

Are you willing to EAT and gain weight/mass for this strength?

Why no carbs?? Along with the above are you looking for freakish strength in relation to your body weight/body comp as of now or willing to add wieght carbs = friend of freakish strength.

The cardio?? Um goals are you needing to be able to jog do endurance for said goals. If no I would eliminate or change the cardio to something more Freakish strength oriented. Drag things, flip things, carry things, walks, short sprints all out rest repeat, tabata stuff, etc etc

Fire back some of that and heck even your program etc what your doing in the weight room but above all what is the goal of the freakish strength.

Phill
[/quote]

For my main goal (powerifting)i don’t need to be able to jog but, i also play soccer 4 times a week so i need to keep reasonably fit. I am willing to gain mass if thats what it takes. There is no real reason as to why i have no carbs, apart from things i have heard and read that make carbs sound bad.

[quote]Nu B wrote:

For my main goal (powerifting)i don’t need to be able to jog but, i also play soccer 4 times a week so i need to keep reasonably fit. I am willing to gain mass if thats what it takes. There is no real reason as to why i have no carbs, apart from things i have heard and read that make carbs sound bad.[/quote]
Well I say you have some thing to decide on before we can really help and you dcan make goods progress to any one goal.

#1 how serious are you on the PLing?? Soccer and pling are not going to be very conducive to one another sure you can do soccer and PL but it will have to suffer quite a bit if you want to be GREAT at PLing or the other way if you want to be great at soccer. Or you could just BE in both marginal average or OK in both Choices choices.

#2 Pick wieght class SOON like yesterday and work to get as strong as possible in relation to that weight class. It may be best this first go to try and just go to the nearest one U[p from where you are I would aim to be at the top end of your weight class and use as much of that weight and intake to get that freakish strength. Choices choices.

#3 Id say start nailing a solid Mixed diet inclusding carbs fruit veggies oats and simple stuff timed right. Id really limti the cardio of that type dependetn on #1 etc

OK suppose zIll stop there and let you make choices LOL

Phill

Thanx for all your help!
I never looked at it like that before but it makes sense!My goal is to be a really good powerlifter, so if i have to drop soccer, i dont mind.

how many times a week would you suggest i strength trained?? and how many meals a day do you think i should be eating??