You Spend HOW Much on Food?

I’d like to bump this and get some fresh replies.

[quote]true2paintball wrote:
How many times have we heard/said that statement? Eating right can be costly, especially if you do not have the know-how for cutting down those costs. What I propose is that anyone who reads this thread post a few things about their food consumption/stats.

• Male or Female?
  • What state you are in (cut, bulk, maint)?
  • How much do you typically spend on groceries in one month?
  • How much do you spend on restaurants/fast food/take out in one month?
  • What tips have you found that work for cutting costs?
  • How much do you spend on supplements per month (average bulk items across their usable period)?

Thank you in advance and any other aspects you would like to add will be appreciated by everyone :slight_smile: .[/quote]

Male,
Mass gaining,
~70$ a week so 280$ (meat veggies tuna salmond oatmeal eggs, how do you guys do to break 400$ lol),
No restaurant,
To cut cost, live in Quebec City lol
Supps average 50~60 bucks a month

[quote]Kalle wrote:
I might spend less sometimes I don’t know
I buy pretty much the same stuff everytime and shop pretty much exclusivly at costco.

this is about 1 weeks worth of food, some lasts more like 10 days than 7
3 lb tubs of cottage cheese(4) a little over 4 bucks a piece
4 cartoons (18) of the omega 3 eggs 2.50 a cartoon or so
7lbs of chicken breasts or ground beef (2.99 a lb)
4lb bag of frozen blueberries around 12 bucks
two 5lb bags of frozen veggies around 5 bucks a piece
5lb bags of oatmeal
12 apples
12 cans of pineapple chunks
other random stuff
when bulking I spend a good amount of $$ on RAW milk

You can see I live on the “wild side” LOL

If you don’t eat out and don’t spend a bunch of money on alchohal and stuff you will still be spending less money than your friends.
[/quote]

YOU EAT 72 EGGS A WEEK???

I thought I was bad…

[quote]true2paintball wrote:
How many times have we heard/said that statement? Eating right can be costly, especially if you do not have the know-how for cutting down those costs. What I propose is that anyone who reads this thread post a few things about their food consumption/stats.

• Male or Female?
  • What state you are in (cut, bulk, maint)?
  • How much do you typically spend on groceries in one month?
  • How much do you spend on restaurants/fast food/take out in one month?
  • What tips have you found that work for cutting costs?
  • How much do you spend on supplements per month (average bulk items across their usable period)?

Thank you in advance and any other aspects you would like to add will be appreciated by everyone :slight_smile: .[/quote]

Male
bulk 4500-4700 cals/day
i’m afraid to calculate, but around $600
$50
$250 (approximately)

the amount of money is depressing

• Male
  • California, cutting
  • monthly grocery bill about $300
  • Supplements about $100 on BCAA, Whey Isolate, Creatine, and fat burner
  • restaurants/cheat meals - maybe $50
  • I go to costco once a month for frozen chicken, turkey, beef, tuna, olive oil, balsamic, nuts and I go to regular grocery store twice a week for veggies, eggs and purchase whatever meat is on sale (steak, pork etc…)

I don’t know exact numbers because I don’t attempt to save money on food.

But I do know that now, in my average trip to Costco and Trader Joe’s, I spend about 60% more than I did just two years ago.

The Fed is devaluing the dollar just as fast as they possibly can, so food prices are likely to keep skyrocketing. An article in The Economist proclaimed that the days of cheap food were a blip in human history and are over forever.

• Male
  • Cutting
  • too much…for me and my girl it’s prolly $600 a month easy, and that only covers two/thirds of meals I bet
  • around $400-$500. There’s just too many good restaurants where I live in midtown Memphis and we love to eat out so…
  • definitely only buy what you’re going to eat. I haven’t thrown away any food in months just by being prudent about what I choose to buy. I mean when it’s time for me to hit the grocery store the fridge and pantry are literally bare.
  • hmm…like right now I just dropped $725 altogether for a month’s supply of the following

low carb MD (6 bottles)
BCAA’s (3 bottles)
Udo’s 3-6-9 blend (3 bottles)
Flameout (3 bottles)
Digestive Enzymes (2 bottles)
Superfood (1 bottle)
Surge (1 bottle)
ZMA (1 bottle)
HOT-ROX (2 bottles)
TRIBEX (2 bottles)
Fenuplex (2 bottles)
Insulinomics (1 bottle)

christ that’s alot of shit! :slight_smile:

I’m only using the HOT-ROX cuz I’m dieting and this is my first time trying TRIBEX. If I had to cut it down to a bare minimum I would just use the Metabolic Drive, Surge, Flameout, ZMA, and enzymes. I can’t live without enzymes…I’d burp all day long :frowning:

Probably the only thing I buy in bulk is chicken breasts and a bag will last me two weeks or so. I don’t eat much solid protein obviously. I’m amazed at how much groceries cost though considering I basically just buy fruits, veggies, some eggs, cheese, and milk and juice for my girl.

I mean, it shouldn’t cost $150 a week for that pitiful amount of food???