T Nation

You Say Don't Start Until 25, But...

Pretty much everyone says no to cycling until you are 25…but If your goal is to some day become an IFBB bodybuilder don’t you almost need to start sooner. Or is there a lot of IFBB pros that started at 25ish? Just asking. I am 21 currently btw. Not trying to talk anyone into encouraging use but I do not want to “miss” an important window.
What do you guys think?

oh god this question comes up every week.

If you want to use, use. It’s entirely up to you. Yes, there are health risks but who knows? Maybe you’ll be Mr Olympia someday…

…or maybe you’ll end up impotent and on TRT for life, with nothing to show for it as you didn’t have the genetics to go pro.

Either way, life will go on. The sun will rise, the sun will set. The planet will continue to spin on its axis and one day you will be dead and no one will remember you. You will have died, but will you have really lived?

Ultimately, the choice is yours.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
oh god this question comes up every week.

If you want to use, use. It’s entirely up to you. Yes, there are health risks but who knows? Maybe you’ll be Mr Olympia someday…

…or maybe you’ll end up impotent and on TRT for life, with nothing to show for it as you didn’t have the genetics to go pro.

Either way, life will go on. The sun will rise, the sun will set. The planet will continue to spin on its axis and one day you will be dead and no one will remember you. You will have died, but will you have really lived?

Ultimately, the choice is yours.[/quote]

Really no need to be a dick about it. I understand life will go on regardless, that my life will be about as important in the end as yours and 99.9% of peoples. Not very. I was simply asking for others take on it. Will I be Mr. Olympia i’m doubting it, nor did I hint that. If you are trying to mock me and make me look foolish you are a moron and a typical internet tough guy. I get what you are saying but no need to go about it like you did.

p.s. if you did not mean it in the way I took it I apologize and I am the dick lol

Anyone else…

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

Either way, life will go on. The sun will rise, the sun will set. The planet will continue to spin on its axis and one day you will be dead and no one will remember you. You will have died, but will you have really lived.[/quote]

Some deep shit rds.

The reason RDS sounds sarcastic is because soooooo many teenagers come on and say “well obviously pros started young, so I can too”. There’s 2 people I’ve seen on this site go pro, the most recent was Aaron Clark. The most veteran people on this site give great advice and really are doing most people a favour by steering them away at a young age. Bodybuilding as a sport has probably the least amount of pros that can make a career out if it, than any other sport. It’s also the most chemically harmful to your body. The risk-reward ratio is not worth it in most cases thus why vets tell you to stay away. Not many people come on here asking about a cycle because they want to be pro.

[quote]smalsh wrote:
The reason RDS sounds sarcastic is because soooooo many teenagers come on and say “well obviously pros started young, so I can too”. There’s 2 people I’ve seen on this site go pro, the most recent was Aaron Clark. The most veteran people on this site give great advice and really are doing most people a favour by steering them away at a young age. Bodybuilding as a sport has probably the least amount of pros that can make a career out if it, than any other sport. It’s also the most chemically harmful to your body. The risk-reward ratio is not worth it in most cases thus why vets tell you to stay away. Not many people come on here asking about a cycle because they want to be pro.

[/quote]

this guy gets it

and i was trying to be a dick, but just a little,

there’s been a zillion threads about this.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]smalsh wrote:
The reason RDS sounds sarcastic is because soooooo many teenagers come on and say “well obviously pros started young, so I can too”. There’s 2 people I’ve seen on this site go pro, the most recent was Aaron Clark. The most veteran people on this site give great advice and really are doing most people a favour by steering them away at a young age. Bodybuilding as a sport has probably the least amount of pros that can make a career out if it, than any other sport. It’s also the most chemically harmful to your body. The risk-reward ratio is not worth it in most cases thus why vets tell you to stay away. Not many people come on here asking about a cycle because they want to be pro.

[/quote]

this guy gets it[/quote]

I understand much better now!! Thank you guys for explaining. Honestly, the only reason I have not done any cycles yet is because so many of the guys on here recommend waiting.

It’s not recommended mainly because

#1 until you’re 25 you might NEVER get the full development you would have got naturally, so you’ll never be the man you could have been, unless you don’t care to be on drugs forever in your life - which many young guys fail to realize could be a LONG time with many other phases than “be buffed to impress the bitches”

#2 most teens are impatient idiots and want to go on AAS after 2 months of “training” (not saying it’s your case)

But, yeah, most pros probably started sooner. Do you REALLY want to go pro? Most that do fail, and if you don’t even plan to dedicate to ittotally seriously, the chance it’ll happen are almost zero. Yet the side effects are there regardless.

[quote]SwD wrote:
It’s not recommended mainly because

#1 until you’re 25 you might NEVER get the full development you would have got naturally, so you’ll never be the man you could have been, unless you don’t care to be on drugs forever in your life - which many young guys fail to realize could be a LONG time with many other phases than “be buffed to impress the bitches”

#2 most teens are impatient idiots and want to go on AAS after 2 months of “training” (not saying it’s your case)

But, yeah, most pros probably started sooner. Do you REALLY want to go pro? Most that do fail, and if you don’t even plan to dedicate to ittotally seriously, the chance it’ll happen are almost zero. Yet the side effects are there regardless.[/quote]

I see what you are saying. I have been lifting for about 4 years total, first 3 was strictly for football, but I did take about a year off 1 and half years ago (some personal development, moved to college and was “experiencing” life, found out I really didn’t find true happiness in the party scene).
I will certainly take more time to decide if its REALLY what I want. Every time I get close to doing a cycle seems like someone on here gives me really good food for thought! thanks

[quote]Saresky wrote:

[quote]SwD wrote:
It’s not recommended mainly because

#1 until you’re 25 you might NEVER get the full development you would have got naturally, so you’ll never be the man you could have been, unless you don’t care to be on drugs forever in your life - which many young guys fail to realize could be a LONG time with many other phases than “be buffed to impress the bitches”

#2 most teens are impatient idiots and want to go on AAS after 2 months of “training” (not saying it’s your case)

But, yeah, most pros probably started sooner. Do you REALLY want to go pro? Most that do fail, and if you don’t even plan to dedicate to ittotally seriously, the chance it’ll happen are almost zero. Yet the side effects are there regardless.[/quote]

I see what you are saying. I have been lifting for about 4 years total, first 3 was strictly for football, but I did take about a year off 1 and half years ago (some personal development, moved to college and was “experiencing” life, found out I really didn’t find true happiness in the party scene).
I will certainly take more time to decide if its REALLY what I want. Every time I get close to doing a cycle seems like someone on here gives me really good food for thought! thanks[/quote]

Personally, I say that it’s your call. You know what your lifts are and how good your diet is. You know if you put on 10lbs on your bench a month of haven’t put on 10lbs on anything for 6 months. These are things you know and if you think you need steroids to move forward with your physical progression then just start researching it. It’ll blow your mind how complicated it is and by the time you figure it all out and have the confidence to start a cycle you’ll be 22-23, and hopefully wise enough to know what’s best for your body. But you gotta listen to your body.

[quote]lbraga wrote:

[quote]Saresky wrote:

[quote]SwD wrote:
It’s not recommended mainly because

#1 until you’re 25 you might NEVER get the full development you would have got naturally, so you’ll never be the man you could have been, unless you don’t care to be on drugs forever in your life - which many young guys fail to realize could be a LONG time with many other phases than “be buffed to impress the bitches”

#2 most teens are impatient idiots and want to go on AAS after 2 months of “training” (not saying it’s your case)

But, yeah, most pros probably started sooner. Do you REALLY want to go pro? Most that do fail, and if you don’t even plan to dedicate to ittotally seriously, the chance it’ll happen are almost zero. Yet the side effects are there regardless.[/quote]

I see what you are saying. I have been lifting for about 4 years total, first 3 was strictly for football, but I did take about a year off 1 and half years ago (some personal development, moved to college and was “experiencing” life, found out I really didn’t find true happiness in the party scene).
I will certainly take more time to decide if its REALLY what I want. Every time I get close to doing a cycle seems like someone on here gives me really good food for thought! thanks[/quote]

Personally, I say that it’s your call. You know what your lifts are and how good your diet is. You know if you put on 10lbs on your bench a month of haven’t put on 10lbs on anything for 6 months. These are things you know and if you think you need steroids to move forward with your physical progression then just start researching it. It’ll blow your mind how complicated it is and by the time you figure it all out and have the confidence to start a cycle you’ll be 22-23, and hopefully wise enough to know what’s best for your body. But you gotta listen to your body.[/quote]

Thanks for the input. I am definitely floored by the complexity already. It scares me because I feel like there is always something I am missing. Although I feel like I already know a shit ton more then most guys thinking about their first cycle I still feel like I need to learn more. I wish I had someone I could just talk to and pick their brain all the time! lol I also do not want to start a cycle without having someone to consult with be it an experienced veteran user, or a doctor. I am usually a pretty conservative person really and like to make sure I have all my angles covered. The reason I actually feel like taking the risk of starting a little early in this case is because I feel like I truly do love bodybuilding and will forever.
Like I said before, you guys are just awesome on here! Thanks again.