You Must Be An Alcoholic!

[quote]SeanT wrote:
I’d just say im driving tonight.[/quote]

Seconded, no one fucks with the guy who’s driving.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
SeanT wrote:
I’d just say im driving tonight.

Seconded, no one fucks with the guy who’s driving. [/quote]

Sometimes I’ll say that and somebody will say “Well you can still have one or two.”

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
LOL, I usually just say “I would rather have a couple of lines of cocaine than a few beers. It’s been shown that cocaine is far less damaging to your body.”

99% of the time, this causes the questioner to STFU. [/quote]

Besides the price tag and availability not being on the same level, where exactly has it “been shown”?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
LOL, I usually just say “I would rather have a couple of lines of cocaine than a few beers. It’s been shown that cocaine is far less damaging to your body.”

99% of the time, this causes the questioner to STFU.

Bushy[/quote]

lol I’m using that Bushy.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I must be a junkie. And a sex addict.[/quote]

Ha! I’m addicting to masturbating. Wait, I’m NOT addicted to… Shit, the joke doesn’t work.

Yowza. Some of you motherfuckas have to get the sticks out of your asses and have a beer or ten.

Ah the 2 things that piss me off is the awkward fucker at the party with a glass of diet coke in his hand, and when that awkward fucker is me.

As such, if I’m not drinking, I tend to stay away from the party where EVERYONE ELSE is trashed. If I’m the DD, just wait for the phone call that says, “Drime druanksnedddsgets tozzbark hopesmxs” which translates to “I need a ride home.”

Oh and if you trying to not empty your savings account at the bars, just wait for the poor inebriated soul who starts buying rounds for complete strangers.

[quote]Acebgd12 wrote:
I know what you mean. I get strange glances when I tell someone I don’t drink, despite the fact that it’s illegal. Pretty weird to get criticized for not breaking the law. That’s not why I don’t drink; I don’t drink, like you, for health reasons. But still.[/quote]

I would criticize anyone who is such a tool as to do what they’re told by the gov’t. If you dont want to drink that’s fine, but there are many laws, some just, some unjust and some just stupid. If you’re really so incapable of independent thought that you cant make up your mind about whether or not you want to drink so you say to yourself “hmmm, I’ll just let the govt make my decision for me” then you deserve every bit of criticism you get. grow up.

Drunks are going to question you no matter what, that’s one of the cool things about it, nothing makes any sense.

When I cared about my body I would always just tell people I had a game the next morning, or a really hard training session. If it was further away then I’d use the designated driver excuse, and they usually leave you alone with that one.

These days my life is pretty meaningless so I drink hard and heavy every night.

Some good responses here.

I might just start telling people I’m muslim, like kimplet recommends, but asking for a line or 2 of coke would be pretty damn funny too.

I’m the same as a few of you…if I think back to the better times I’ve had out partying etc, pretty much all of them, I was sober. Sure, I’ve had some hilarious/fun moments being drunk as fuck, but I do tend to have a much better time sober…

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
you must be a muslim[/quote]

Sometimes I get this one because I’m an Arab. I just look at them deadpan and ask ‘why would you think that?’. Then they get uncomfortable and leave me alone. Good times.

I remember years ago being in situations where it seemed that I would have experienced less social pressure not drinking rather than having one drink: if you didn’t drink you didn’t drink, but if you had one you were supposed to have six.

Anyway, I agree there are some people who have way too much interest in other people’s non- (or low) consumption of alcohol.

I just have a tonic water or sit on light beer all night. I like booze, but I don’t enjoy being drunk unless I’m at home.

I don’t get why people go out to get drunk around strangers. If I’m going to be drunk, I want to be in a safe environment.

Er
Alcoholics
I doubt VERY much you can be an alcoholic in the states compared to Ireland. Every year americans come to meh city challenge us to drink contests and lose badly !
As one guy said in the states ppl consider him an alchy, he came here we thought he was a woman, now he is afraid to go back to the states :smiley:
If someone questions you say your Irish and your drunk just by genetics !

Personally, I’ve been on both sides of the fence on this one. A lot of nights, it’s simply not worth drinking, and I wouldn’t consider myself more than an occasional drinker. However, when you go to a party filled with drunk people, you’re not driving anyone, and you’re standing around with a glass of water it IS weird as hell to everyone else.

‘Talking to girls?’ Were they drinking or sober? What were you trying to accomplish with this?? There is absolutely no problem with not being a drinker, but (assuming this is a drinking party) the guy/gal who is standing around with a soda and ‘likes to watch drunk people’ is unsettling as hell to everyone else in the room. Always.

I consider men that dont drink alcohol as softies.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
Acebgd12 wrote:
I know what you mean. I get strange glances when I tell someone I don’t drink, despite the fact that it’s illegal. Pretty weird to get criticized for not breaking the law. That’s not why I don’t drink; I don’t drink, like you, for health reasons. But still.

I would criticize anyone who is such a tool as to do what they’re told by the gov’t. If you dont want to drink that’s fine, but there are many laws, some just, some unjust and some just stupid. If you’re really so incapable of independent thought that you cant make up your mind about whether or not you want to drink so you say to yourself “hmmm, I’ll just let the govt make my decision for me” then you deserve every bit of criticism you get. grow up.[/quote]

Hey motherfucker, reread my post.

“I don’t drink, like you, for health reasons.”

Where did I say I refrain from drinking because the government tells me I should? I stated it is due to health reasons.