You Mother Frackers

We’ve all seen the wholesome lookin’, down home, Country living
depicting trailer of this movie…Almost made me wanna see it, til I saw that
table top toy model of that Farm on fire in the previews.
Nothing more effective than a propaganda flick dressed up in Norman Rockwell
clothing.
Real Clever Hollywood, real clever…but that’s not the whole story.
Follow the Money.
http://economy.money.cnn.com/2012/10/01/matt-damon-fracking/

I’m not anti-fracking. I strongly believe it could be done responsibility. But not in the way it’s being done currently. It’s under-regulated. In addition to all the environmental and health risk with regular drilling, you have risks inherent to horizontal drilling and the fracking fluids being blasted at ultra high pressures in there. The effects of fracking really need to be studied more too.

I’m not an expert in that field therefore I am not qualified to comment.

Funny how a lot of people won’t ever say that.

I would like to see it , I am surprised it is not free.

I am very cautious about fracking ,It could F–K up drinking water , there is some concern about earth quakes

The Industry has not helped much either , like in the beginning using Diesel fuel for fracking fluid (WHAT COULD GO WRONG:)

[quote]StevenF wrote:
I’m not an expert in that field therefore I am not qualified to comment.

Funny how a lot of people won’t ever say that. [/quote]

This is my feeling. All I see is hysterical liberals on one side and industry hacks on the other. I’d be interested to read a balanced analysis.

This might be worth a look next week…I hate when one has actively search for
for these fucking obscure channels when all they gotta do is give us the channel number
corresponding to what fucking cable or satellite service one subscribes to.

I’ve read some extreme opinions on the anti-fracking side even blaming
fracking to initiate earthquakes…HUH?
Seems tantamount to someone 100 years ago forbidding to build Skyscrapers in
New York City lest we put tremendous weight on the Earth’s Crust
and causing massive sinkholes.

Fracking fluids really do have teratogens, carcinogens, and mutagens. These can escape through the well casing. They can also seep through improperly laid liners in the fracking fluid pools… assuming a liner has been laid. Also, these fluids can end up in soil and drinking water through leaking pipes and when the fluids are pulled back up for recovery to use again. There’s also reports of methane getting into drinking water and starting fires when faucets are turned on. Very little research if any has been done on long term exposure to low levels of methane.

I think that increased pressure to keep these types of even from happening and advances in green chemistry could make this a much more environmentally friendly and human health friendly endeavor.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Fracking fluids really do have teratogens, carcinogens, and mutagens. These can escape through the well casing. They can also seep through improperly laid liners in the fracking fluid pools… assuming a liner has been laid. Also, these fluids can end up in soil and drinking water through leaking pipes and when the fluids are pulled back up for recovery to use again. There’s also reports of methane getting into drinking water and starting fires when faucets are turned on. Very little research if any has been done on long term exposure to low levels of methane.

I think that increased pressure to keep these types of even from happening and advances in green chemistry could make this a much more environmentally friendly and human health friendly endeavor. [/quote]

Pressure does not work , Guarantee is all that should work

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
It’s under-regulated. [/quote]

What did we ever do before big government had its stinking hands on every little thing that business does? Oh that’s right…we built the most successful, prosperous and powerful nation that has ever existed. But of course through government regulation that is now over!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

What did we ever do before big government had its stinking hands on every little thing that business does? Oh that’s right…we built the most successful, prosperous and powerful nation that has ever existed. But of course through government regulation that is now over!

[/quote]

Are you suggesting a return to the guilded age?

Also, would you want an unregulated fracking operation next door to the elementary school of your child?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
Also, would you want an unregulated fracking operation next door to the elementary school of your child?[/quote]

Since the fracking will happen so deep that it might as well be a few miles away…

No offense intended but look at my earlier posts again.

Also a lot of these fracking fluids are volatile meaning hey get in the air and can be breathed in. So if the wind is blowing in the right direction, you can end up with a lung full of fracking fluid and general exhaust from the operation.

[quote]Karado wrote:
I’ve read some extreme opinions on the anti-fracking side even blaming
fracking to initiate earthquakes…HUH?
Seems tantamount to someone 100 years ago forbidding to build Skyscrapers in
New York City lest we put tremendous weight on the Earth’s Crust
and causing massive sinkholes.
[/quote]

the nerve

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/508151/studies-link-earthquakes-to-wastewater-from-fracking/

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[/quote]

Are you suggesting a return to the guilded age? [/quote]

I’m suggesting that the pendulum has swung too far in the direction of government regulation. And when that happens…TH TH TH TH THATS ALL FOLKS!

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

Also a lot of these fracking fluids are volatile meaning hey get in the air and can be breathed in. So if the wind is blowing in the right direction, you can end up with a lung full of fracking fluid and general exhaust from the operation.

[/quote]

Having drilled and frac about 25 wells a week now for some years, the stupidity of your post burns my brain worse than taking a dip in a frac tank.

Frac fluid is generally water, perhaps with some acid and perhaps with some ethylene glycol (aka – antifreeze if it’s fucking cold outside so your lines don’t freeze). It’s not some mysterious substance.

At it’s nastiest, it’s no more or less dangerous than commercial pool chemicals or what you put in your car.

Now you wouldn’t want to sit there and inhale such chemicals in a closed space, just like you wouldn’t want to inhale pool chemicals, but I’ve never drilled a well in a confined space. In fact, I’ve noticed every time I’ve drilled a well, it’s been outside. Shocking, I know. Something about a four story drilling rig or workover rig not fitting inside.

+++++++

Matt Damon’s movie was sponsored by BIG OIL. The REAL big oil — of the middle east.

Fracing makes domestic fields in the USA profitable again. So bad science is being funded by competitors to screw the USA consumer.

That’s all one needs to know.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[/quote]

Having drilled and frac about 25 wells a week now for some years, the stupidity of your post burns my brain worse than taking a dip in a frac tank.

Frac fluid is generally water, perhaps with some acid and perhaps with some ethylene glycol (aka – antifreeze if it’s fucking cold outside so your lines don’t freeze). It’s not some mysterious substance.

At it’s nastiest, it’s no more or less dangerous than commercial pool chemicals or what you put in your car.

Now you wouldn’t want to sit there and inhale such chemicals in a closed space, just like you wouldn’t want to inhale pool chemicals, but I’ve never drilled a well in a confined space. In fact, I’ve noticed every time I’ve drilled a well, it’s been outside. Shocking, I know. Something about a four story drilling rig or workover rig not fitting inside.

+++++++

Matt Damon’s movie was sponsored by BIG OIL. The REAL big oil — of the middle east.

Fracing makes domestic fields in the USA profitable again. So bad science is being funded by competitors to screw the USA consumer.

That’s all one needs to know.

[/quote]

Pages 5-35 to 5-40.

I believe there are more than 700 additives listed.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[/quote]

You’re right, just think of all the poor kids who can no longer ride their mountain bikes on chat piles in Ottawa County, Oklahoma–because of a little toxin-induced mental retardation? God damn government.

^

Looks like a pretty decent pdf at first glance. Thanks smh.