You Learn Something Every Day

…just read it, i couldn’t explain it without professional help. the last time i had professional help it turned out to be an undercover cop.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]silverblood wrote:
black holes will shrink and eventually vanish as they expel more mass than they take in due to black body radiation called Hawking Radiation.
I have viewed the calculation and in my humble opinion the final answer is simple.
use the paper to start a fire and sit back and enjoy 3 fingers of FOUR ROSES small batch bourbon.[/quote]
I didn’t know black holes expelled mass.[/quote]
hence the title.

I didn’t either until I read the paper. here it is. there are some people that disagree but I’m not going to argue with Stephen Hawking. give me your opinion.

http://www.itp.uni-hannover.de/~giulini/papers/BlackHoleSeminar/Hawking_CMP_1975.pdf

not a black hole but it’s my desktop background

Watching the Browns-Bills game I learned from one of the commentators that “Going to 3-2 enhances your playoff chances. 2-3, not so much.” Thanks for the pearls of wisdom, fella. Apparently BOTH teams were striving to win the game and go 3-2.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
In Japan, the traffic light that tells you to go is considered to be blue (ao). Grass and trees are green (midori),, and the sky is blue (ao), but they will also use “blue” to discribe green leaves and unripe fruit. Bizarre. [/quote]

I just learned why Midori is called Midori. Thanks Varqanir!

[quote]2busy wrote:
Fact.

Lap Dances can charge a car battery.

Man, I miss Manswers

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

black holes will shrink and eventually vanish as they expel more mass than they take in due to black body radiation called Hawking Radiation.
I have viewed the calculation and in my humble opinion the final answer is simple.
use the paper to start a fire and sit back and enjoy 3 fingers of FOUR ROSES small batch bourbon.[/quote]
hence the title.

I didn’t either until I read the paper. here it is. there are some people that disagree but I’m not going to argue with Stephen Hawking. give me your opinion.

http://www.itp.uni-hannover.de/~giulini/papers/BlackHoleSeminar/Hawking_CMP_1975.pdf

not a black hole but it’s my desktop background[/quote]

You couldn’t have a picture of a black hole.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

hence the title.

You couldn’t have a picture of a black hole.[/quote]
they say a black hole isn’t actually black. here is an x-ray image

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
In Japan, the traffic light that tells you to go is considered to be blue (ao). Grass and trees are green (midori), and the sky is blue (ao), but they will also use “blue” to discribe green leaves and unripe fruit. Bizarre. [/quote]

If you ask a colorblind person, the green light is white. Also, some colorblind people live 28 years before they figure out that peanut butter and refried beans are brown, not green…[/quote]

I’m very, very colorblind. I remember being a kid riding in the truck with my dad. He was daydreaming at a stop light and when it turned green, he just sat there. So I told him, “Dad, the light’s white.” That was the day I learned I was colorblind.

You’re shitting me about PB and refried beans, right?

[quote]Steve-O-68 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
In Japan, the traffic light that tells you to go is considered to be blue (ao). Grass and trees are green (midori), and the sky is blue (ao), but they will also use “blue” to discribe green leaves and unripe fruit. Bizarre. [/quote]

If you ask a colorblind person, the green light is white. Also, some colorblind people live 28 years before they figure out that peanut butter and refried beans are brown, not green…[/quote]

I’m very, very colorblind. I remember being a kid riding in the truck with my dad. He was daydreaming at a stop light and when it turned green, he just sat there. So I told him, “Dad, the light’s white.” That was the day I learned I was colorblind.

You’re shitting me about PB and refried beans, right?[/quote]

Nope, I’ve always just thought they were green. I learned that people really never talk about what color peanut butter or refried beans are. My nephew also thought refried beans were green. He just turned 5 so he’ll think they’re green for 23 more years in my estimate.

[quote]Steve-O-68 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Nope, I’ve always just thought they were green. I learned that people really never talk about what color peanut butter or refried beans are. My nephew also thought refried beans were green. He just turned 5 so he’ll think they’re green for 23 more years in my estimate.
[/quote]

So what color is shit?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Steve-O-68 wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[/quote]

So what color is shit?[/quote]
depends
brown, black, red, yellow, white, orange, blue, silver, green, grey

Handy tidbit for anyone who works on wood and finishes with laquor. If you ding or dent a product finished with laquor (i know I am not spelling that right) put a dab of superglue in your dent. The superglue show the color behind it so unless you run your hand over the ding it is invisible. Mainly no asshole architect or engineer is going to notice.

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
Handy tidbit for anyone who works on wood and finishes with lacquer. If you ding or dent a product finished with lacquer (I fixed your spelling) put a dab of superglue in your dent. The superglue show the color behind it so unless you run your hand over the ding it is invisible. Mainly no asshole architect or engineer is going to notice.[/quote]

Offtopic…

Why would you use lacquer and not polyurethane? From what I understand, poly is much easier to work with. I’ve never worked with lacquer personally though so I can’t compare.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

hence the title.

they say a black hole isn’t actually black. here is an x-ray image[/quote]

Those would be the x-rays emitted by the event horizon. A black hole crushes lightwaves, including x-rays. That’s why you cannot get a picture of one.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WhiteSturgeon wrote:
If you run in the rain, you will get about 50% wetter than if you stood still.

I learned that on Myth Busters. [/quote]

I can’t wait until the next time I’m in the rain and wish to remain dry. I’m just going to stand still and see what happens.
[/quote]

I’m going to watch as all the FOOLS are running to get out of the rain to stay dry. Laughing in my head knowing how much more wet they’re getting than me.

Really useful tip. Thanks. [/quote]

Please confirm that this is in fact a higher level of trolling and you are not in fact THAT DUMB.
[/quote]

Keep running from the rain then and watch how wet you get. Idiot. [/quote]

TROLLCEPTION it is

I learned today:
Unless your surname is ‘Bishop’, then you have no idea of the insanity that flows within my genes.
Apparently, we/they were making fun of the clergy even when it was still illegal.
What is more, we/they once stole a submarine.
Auntie olive is the BEST.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

hence the title.

they say a black hole isn’t actually black. here is an x-ray image[/quote]

Those would be the x-rays emitted by the event horizon. A black hole crushes lightwaves, including x-rays. That’s why you cannot get a picture of one.[/quote]

astronomers using the Newton X-ray Multi-mirror Mission (XMM) observatory have discovered a black hole that seems to be spitting out energy. The discovery is in spectra from X-radiation produced by hot plasma as it enters the black hole.

can you actually see anything, or are you seeing light reflected off the object. if you bend the light around an object you see what’s on the other side rendering the object “invisible”.
in a catscan or mri are you seeing a picture or an image or are they the same thing? you can take pictures in the invisible light spectrums, such as infrared, and “see” a person trying to hide.

[quote]Der_Steppenwolfe wrote:
Apparently, we/they were making fun of the clergy even when it was still illegal.
[/quote]

A distant relative of my dad was a U boat captain in WW1. Seriously.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Der_Steppenwolfe wrote:
[/quote]

A distant relative of my dad was a U boat captain in WW1. Seriously.
[/quote]
cool. hope you like this