You Learn Something Every Day

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Picked up some Irn Bru on Friday, and tasted it on Saturday. I like it alot. Tastes like a Orange Crush or Sunkist mixed with a Cream Soda. Very delicious. My new hangover help.[/quote]

You’ve earned your kilt, pick the clan tartan and I will send it over immediately![/quote]

When I asked the shop keeper for it, they looked at me and asked, “What Scotsman told you to try it?” I grabbed two and the shop keeper said, “You sure you want two? You might not like it.”
[/quote]

Rookie mistake, the shopkeeper should know by now that no man can deny the deliciousness of Irn-Bru.[/quote]

I woke up this morning with more hair on my chest. Now I know why the Scots love their Irn Bru…It is very tasty though.
[/quote]

Indeed, I should get another can brought back tonight, happy with that.[/quote]

You like it in the can or bottle better? The bottle had more oz so it was cheaper per oz than the can. They had the same price on both.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Picked up some Irn Bru on Friday, and tasted it on Saturday. I like it alot. Tastes like a Orange Crush or Sunkist mixed with a Cream Soda. Very delicious. My new hangover help.[/quote]

You’ve earned your kilt, pick the clan tartan and I will send it over immediately![/quote]

When I asked the shop keeper for it, they looked at me and asked, “What Scotsman told you to try it?” I grabbed two and the shop keeper said, “You sure you want two? You might not like it.”
[/quote]

Rookie mistake, the shopkeeper should know by now that no man can deny the deliciousness of Irn-Bru.[/quote]

I woke up this morning with more hair on my chest. Now I know why the Scots love their Irn Bru…It is very tasty though.
[/quote]

You like it in the can or bottle better? The bottle had more oz so it was cheaper per oz than the can. They had the same price on both.
[/quote]

I’d say glass bottle comes out on top, with aluminium can in the middle, and plastic bottle running along the bottom. I tend to spend longer when I drink from a bottle than from a can, so most of the fizz goes after a while, but the glass bottle version is really nice. I think the only type I’ve drank for a few years has been from the can, but I remember glass being nicer.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’d say glass bottle comes out on top, with aluminium can in the middle, and plastic bottle running along the bottom. I tend to spend longer when I drink from a bottle than from a can, so most of the fizz goes after a while, but the glass bottle version is really nice. I think the only type I’ve drank for a few years has been from the can, but I remember glass being nicer.[/quote]

I drink fast so loosing the fizz will not happen. I drink alcohol fast also.

I am thinking of making an Irn Bru cocktail. Irn Bru and Vodka.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
I am thinking of making an Irn Bru cocktail. Irn Bru and Vodka.[/quote]
Make a gin and Bru.

Mrrbroadka and half a molly in mountain dew woooooooooooooo.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Make a gin and Bru.[/quote]

I had gin for the first time a couple months back. That stuff is foul.

[quote]Jlabs wrote:
Mrrbroadka and half a molly in mountain dew woooooooooooooo.
[/quote]

what the heck is a Mrrbroadka?

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

It’s pretty good and honestly the only thing it can go with cause of how distinct a taste it is lol.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Make a gin and Bru.[/quote]

I had gin for the first time a couple months back. That stuff is foul.
[/quote]

Oh boo, I like gin sometimes. I find it very refreshing, and I enjoy the stinginess. Not a fan of adding tonics though.

When you combine the scottsman’s tonic with vodka. Gotta get over there sometime, it would be cool to look up ancestry stuff beforehand my grandma is scottish/Irish and I think her mom or dad was born there,i wanna see if I have long lost cousins there lol.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’d say glass bottle comes out on top, with aluminium can in the middle, and plastic bottle running along the bottom. I tend to spend longer when I drink from a bottle than from a can, so most of the fizz goes after a while, but the glass bottle version is really nice. I think the only type I’ve drank for a few years has been from the can, but I remember glass being nicer.[/quote]

This man knows his irn bru. Totally agree, glass bottle first, then can then plastic bottle for the best taste. Here in newcastle you rarely find glass bottles anymore, just plastic or can so i stick with the can when i fancy one.

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This man knows his irn bru. Totally agree, glass bottle first, then can then plastic bottle for the best taste. Here in newcastle you rarely find glass bottles anymore, just plastic or can so i stick with the can when i fancy one.[/quote]

That’s a damn shame, it’s just under £1 for the 750ml bottles here and you get 30p back when you hand the empty bottle back lol.

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUUUUUCK YOOOUUUU AND ALL OF YOUR FAMILY
:smiley: Fair enough. :smiley:

Something that was very hard learned and difficult to accept:

If you want to make friends and influence people, it’s for the best if you learn to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. I’m far more popular in the pub now.

“reading a room” is a difficult skill to acquire. Especially when you’re used to being a vocal person. I ask a lot of questions now before I actually open up around people … I’ve also gotten pretty good at reading body language

It’s made more difficult by the fact that I’m autistic (in the sense of ‘I have been diagnosed by a clinician’, not in the sense of ‘I identify for strange reason with a medical condition and demand to be treated the same as people who see it as a horrible condition that has ruined their fucking life.’ Ahem. Sorry. Rant over) I’ll try the whole questions and body language thing, but I find that simply talking about something non-controversial and preferably funny works for me.