T Nation

You Know . . .

. . . you’ve been reading T-Nation too long when you can remember the "Old school days "when it was T-Mag and Grow! didn’t have no fancy micellar casein in it.

You have bruises on the insides of your legs from chinning/dipping with additional weight hanging in-between your legs.

Recognized the guy who got an arrow shot through his neck in Kingdom of Heaven as Jouko Ahola.

Driven by construction sites looking for training equipment.

Have smuggled chalk into a gym.

Think it would be cool to meet “CW”, “CT”, “CS” or even “TC” in person.

Know what the above abbreviations stand for.

Asked Louie Simmions to sign your Chuck Taylors.

Was concerned during the Grow!/Surge shortage.

Have doubts that Tim Patterson really exists.

These just popped into my head, thought I’d share, feel free to add.

When you think the entire internet should be viewed with a black background and yellow writing.

And when people actually researched before submitting stupid questions…

you start drooling like Pavlov’s dog at the sight of a girl doing dips, chins, squats, deads, cleans, or any other money exercise. To all you T-Vixens out there, I salute you and thank you.

…when you know who is going to flame the newb, and exactly what they are going to say when they do flame.

Its funny that you brought this up. The last few days I have been thinking of how long I have been addicted to this website and all the changes it has gone through. One thing that I was thinking about is all of the people that used to rule the forum (Prof X and Vroom types) that have gone by the wayside. Some names that stuck out to me were Patricia and her husband (Patricia was THE original T-woman, and her husband whose name I forget contributed some awesome recipes). There have been many others, but I just can’t remember their names right now.

I am glad to have been a part of such an awesome thing for so long.

Still calling it T-mag

Jeff

…still have all the original paper mags next to your toilet…and you still read them while taking flax seed fueled craps.

…eat cottage cheese before going to bed.

…scoff at those still buying glutamine and HMB.

…are the only one in your gym doing farmers walks up and down the hallway.

…have forgotten that the original Prof X was a skinny bald white guy with telepathic powers.

…know what ‘Strawman’ means.

I believe Patricia’s husband went by the name KO.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
…when you know who is going to flame the newb, and exactly what they are going to say when they do flame.[/quote]

and that it would actually get posted…

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
…eat cottage cheese before going to bed.
[/quote]
Or any food for that matter :slight_smile:

And Nitric Oxide, Cell-Tech, etc.

Bent-Presses and you squat in the squat rack.

(no comment)

[quote]

…know what ‘Strawman’ means.[/quote]

Ahh… Shugs.

… You tried one of the original Grow! Bars.

About a year ago, I stole a couple of humongus clevices from an old strip mining site I found while mtn. biking. Smiled the whole way home! Almost broke the shocks on my bike though.

How 'bout when Grow! came in a box of premeasured packets?

Nick

[quote]Jeff Parsons wrote:
Its funny that you brought this up. The last few days I have been thinking of how long I have been addicted to this website and all the changes it has gone through. One thing that I was thinking about is all of the people that used to rule the forum (Prof X and Vroom types) that have gone by the wayside. Some names that stuck out to me were Patricia and her husband (Patricia was THE original T-woman, and her husband whose name I forget contributed some awesome recipes). There have been many others, but I just can’t remember their names right now.

I am glad to have been a part of such an awesome thing for so long.

Still calling it T-mag

Jeff[/quote]

Yeah, I remember the Old Schoolers – I’ve actually been around quite awhile, though not as long as some. I remember posters like Monkey Boy Eric, Patricia, Ko, Goldberg, Timbo, Kelly Baggett, Michelle, Avoids Roids, IronDoc, that dude from Japan whose name escapes me right now (but had something to do with “Charles”), and a bunch of other folks who used to contribute a lot.

I also think I’ve seen at least 4 format changes on the articles and websites.

I even remember when they announced they had signed up Ian King, the “Thunder from Down Under” as a contributer.

And I can’t even begin to think how much knowledge I’ve gained in that time thanks to the Forums and the articles. Thanks guys.

[quote]CEZAR wrote:
. . . you’ve been reading T-Nation too long when you can remember the "Old school days "when it was T-Mag and Grow! didn’t have no fancy micellar casein in it.

[/quote]

How about the old days when it was testosterone.net and there were no forums.

When you’ve been with T-mag since the beginning and are considered a “vet” on the forums.

Have had a chance to meet Ian King, John Berardi, Tom Incledon and others at the first (and so far only) Biotest/T-mag seminar!

Admire SouthernGirl’s new Avatar without saying…“I’d hit it!”

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Jeff Parsons wrote:
Its funny that you brought this up. The last few days I have been thinking of how long I have been addicted to this website and all the changes it has gone through. One thing that I was thinking about is all of the people that used to rule the forum (Prof X and Vroom types) that have gone by the wayside. Some names that stuck out to me were Patricia and her husband (Patricia was THE original T-woman, and her husband whose name I forget contributed some awesome recipes). There have been many others, but I just can’t remember their names right now.

I am glad to have been a part of such an awesome thing for so long.

Still calling it T-mag

Jeff

Yeah, I remember the Old Schoolers – I’ve actually been around quite awhile, though not as long as some. I remember posters like Monkey Boy Eric, Patricia, Ko, Goldberg, Timbo, Kelly Baggett, Michelle, Avoids Roids, IronDoc, that dude from Japan whose name escapes me right now (but had something to do with “Charles”), and a bunch of other folks who used to contribute a lot.

I also think I’ve seen at least 4 format changes on the articles and websites.

I even remember when they announced they had signed up Ian King, the “Thunder from Down Under” as a contributer.

And I can’t even begin to think how much knowledge I’ve gained in that time thanks to the Forums and the articles. Thanks guys.
[/quote]

Char-dawg. I think alot of them went over to the other site when T-mag switched.

[quote]ntroych wrote:
How 'bout when Grow! came in a box of premeasured packets?

Nick[/quote]

I almost forgot about those. I think they came in right after Ribose-C went away.

Here’s another:
Started out lifting without any tempo, then as an intermediate lifter, used 3111, 4121, etc tempos, then stopped using tempos and just lift as fast as possible.

Reading the letters that TC had selected for our literary pleasure. It was always a fine balance between good questions, insightful quotes and at least one absolute dumbass. I miss the dumbass letters. Even more, I miss TC’s (and then CS’) acerbic commentary on them.