T Nation

You Know You're Growing When...

I had stopped doing Stripped Down Hypertrophy this past weekend and after doing squats 3x a week, my legs finally had a chance to grow. My waist-line hasn’t gone up, but today my pants split. I was embarrassed and proud at the same time. Just thought I’d share it with my fellow brethren. Anyone else have something similar?

Had to buy new pants the other day, 32-32 Loose fitting jeans. The waist is fine, but the legs are snug and the limiting factor.

after squatting 5x5 3 times a week for 2 months i noticed that as soon as i start going uphill in my jeans, things get reeeeaalll tight.

Its funny, but its also kinda like when FFB show you their 45" pants…only just the opposite. They’re a badge of honor! haha

good job on the legs growing, but man you must be wearing some realllly tight jeans for it to actually split… haha

im squatting 245 5x5 once a week, on tren acet, first cycle, went from 135 to here withing 2 months, great strenght gains but not so much size, the hypertrophy taining, can someone give me some more details about it? i thought squattting heavy 5x5 3 times a weeks would kill.

You are an absolute failure for being on AAS on your level of development. Sorry to be a dick…but fucking damn.

AAS? incorporate why u think im a failure, because im seeing great gains in all of my lifts, and 35 pound gain in muscle, not sure what u mean

My girlfriend picked out all my jeans and now she thinks they are gross because they are too tight. I need to get new ones in a bad way.

Why, because if you gained 35lbs of muscle on your first cycle you are probably not very developed. A good developed person will be happy if they can get and hold onto ~10lb gain on a good cycle.

Secondly, if you were only squatting 135, you certainly havent been training seriously long enough to even think about AAS.

Third, if you only squat 245, you aren’t strong enough to need AAS. Even if you got there naturally.

Fourth, I’d be interested if you laid out the specifics of your cycle for some of the vets in the steroid forum, because it is likely it is fucked as well as you don’t seem to be too much “in the know”.

Fifth, I’ll be interested to hear how much “muscle” you retain post cycle. I’d be willing to bet most of your “gains” will disappear nearly as fast as they came.

well even tho im not much “in the know” i am training with Daniel Raposelli a pro body builder, and Tommy Selecky, whos is very much certified to train.

Listen people learn on doing and failure. I havent stopped adding weight since i started, i keep a very strict diet of whole foods and my workouts are great. I am not putting any of my information up, but i am keeping every single detail of it logged.

For people like you i will be posting everything around april for your eyes to wonder and maybe learn a few things junior.
You can critisize pretty well, but you need to learn how to encourage and give good advice, everyone has to start somewhere, i have been training on and off since 12 years old, but most of the time i was doing it all wrong, just liek most begginers, and i just started to become more serious in february.

Exactly. And for your junior comment, I don’t care about your age or how long you been training or who you train with…

At your level of development you have absolutely no business doing AAS.

I would help you all I could and encourage you as much as possible if you’d been serious for longer than…a MONTH!

You are doing something utterly stupid. I’m sorry that offends you. Please do post pictures in April. Then some again in July and let me see what gains you’ve kept.

I learn by listening, junior.

I don’t pretend to be a know it all. Thats why I said show it to some vets in the steroid forum.

But no matter who you are, who you train with, how good you’ve been, or how long you been training on and off, YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FREAKIN’ REASON TO BE ON AAS AT THIS POINT!

Thats fact, period.

my appologies, im sure youll be seeing some posts later down the road. I have learned all of the wrong things since i was 12, now got some really good knowledge to work with. thanks for the critisims, i know i have ways to go, but ill get there no matter what. psyching urself out since u were 12 and finally getting it down doubling the weights you used to use is working good for me. Im sure ill be in touch.

I actually have stretch marks on my quads because of growth. Went from 32/34’s to 38/34’s within 6 months simply because of leg size.

[quote]drummerofgod89 wrote:
I actually have stretch marks on my quads because of growth. Went from 32/34’s to 38/34’s within 6 months simply because of leg size.[/quote]

That’s incredible!! Well done. I’ve yet to get that far, but I’ll be working to beat ya! Always need a goal, you know.

Heh…I went from squatting 185-300lbs in a month just by doing a 10,8,8,6,4 rep scheme…no AAS. That’s some funny shit.

[quote]Sir wrote:
Heh…I went from squatting 185-300lbs in a month just by doing a 10,8,8,6,4 rep scheme…no AAS. That’s some funny shit.[/quote]

Hey, I’ve had similar progress. Within 5 months, I went from squatting 95 to 365. Also no AAS. Amazing what a little bit of hard work can do.

PS: Your avatar is one of my favorite pics of Arnold.

Yeah I’m stuck at 300lbs atm cuz I’ve got bulging disks in the L3, L4, and L5…and my facet goes out of place from time to time which makes it a bit uncomfortable.

I’m gonna pickup a weightbelt this coming weekend and see if that might take some of the stress off, but even if it doesn’t I’m gonna keep piling the weight on. I figure my back is going to go to shit one of these days and no matter when, I’m 22yrs old, I’ll be pissed whether it’s today or when I’m 60.

As soon as I can get up to 360+ I’ll start working on hypertrophy cuz I want me some bigger legs so I don’t look like an disproportionated ass-clown like most of the tards in my gym.

Oh and yeah, that’s my favorite Governator Pic as well =D

Drummer and or Sir, what types of programs did you do (i.e. rest periods, frequency of squatting, additional lifts such as split squats or leg press). I’m very curious

[quote]Sir wrote:
I’m gonna pickup a weightbelt this coming weekend and see if that might take some of the stress off [/quote]

Damn man, I don’t do any major lifts like squats, deadlifts, etc. without a belt. I cant see how you can feel comfortable putting that kind of pressure on your back and not supporting it with something. I understand a no belt set for warmup weights, but once those plates pile on you should use a belt just to help prevent injury.

Although I would recommend that you first make sure your back is healed before doing any more heavy squats I know you won’t so all I can say that the belt is a great investment and you’ll probably be able to go even heavier than you are going now.