You KNOW Your Gym is Hardcore When...

Bujo and I were enjoying the wings (and eye candy) at the Hooters in Lafayette earlier this evening and during the course of the conversation the topic came up. I thought it would make an interesting/funny thread. I’ll start (blatantly stealing Bujo’s best one!)

… the 200 lb dumbbells are clean and the TREADMILLS are dusty!

If it DOESN’T play this song!

I kid you not my gym plays this most mornings. If it’s not this it’s Britney Spears or Lady Gaga. Really.

LISTEN TO ONE MINUTE! SHARE MY PAIN!

When this guy’s your spotter:

bah, it isn’t working.

When they provide chalk and have at least one empty squat rack? Lol that’s about good enough for me.

it has a monolift.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
When they provide chalk and have at least one empty squat rack? Lol that’s about good enough for me. [/quote]

x2

Might add, 500lb+ squats are routine for the under 200lb lifters.

Texas power bars, deadlift bar, SSB are all expected as well.

Its hot as hell in the free weight room, and if you actually complain the owner tells you that either prices go up, you train in the machine room with the A/C, or you grow testicles.

when this guy used to lift in your gym (and the olympics)

[quote]paulwhite959 wrote:
When this guy’s your spotter:

bah, it isn’t working.[/quote]

I can imagine myself setting down on the bench AND THEN noticing this. INSTANT Heart attack.

[quote]grettiron wrote:

Might add, 500lb+ squats are routine for the under 200lb lifters. [/quote]

Still have never seen a 500lb free squat with my own eyes. I’ve seen a 9 plate per side smith machine 2 inch ass dip though…that’s gotta count for something…

[quote]Nards wrote:
If it DOESN’T play this song!

I kid you not my gym plays this most mornings. If it’s not this it’s Britney Spears or Lady Gaga. Really.

LISTEN TO ONE MINUTE! SHARE MY PAIN![/quote]

Sorry Nards…00:42 and out.

There’s a gym here that requires people to lift at least 220lbs (100kg) correctly on all of the big 3 before they can apply for membership. The numbers aren’t spectacular, but it does keep the riff-raff and wannabes out.

The members get a key to the place and can train 24/7, and there are no trainers or staff employed. You only see the owner when you come to take or lift your audition.

On the application form it explicitly states that “Muscle Gym” is not a fitness center, and that they make no membership contracts. This is the place:

http://www.muscle-gym.net/aktuelles/

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
When they provide chalk and have at least one empty squat rack? Lol that’s about good enough for me. [/quote]

My gym has one proper squat rack, and I have to bring my own chalk. LOL

[quote]Nards wrote:

Listened to one minute, as per your request.

Thanks a lot pal, my testes have forcefully migrated into my body and are really enjoying their new job position as ovaries. They’re spewing out estrogen and progesterone like two angry geysers as we speak…

I’ve established a rule based on that awful, awful video that Nards posted.

If a song references the city of Milan, it’s a pretty safe bet that it’s beyond gay.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:

Listened to one minute, as per your request.

Thanks a lot pal, my testes have forcefully migrated into my body and are really enjoying their new job position as ovaries. They’re spewing out estrogen and progesterone like two angry geysers as we speak…
[/quote]
So, um, are you busy tonight?

[quote]Nards wrote:
[/quote]

Well, I had planned to watch Sex and the City, drink a cosmopolitan, and maintain a constant state of irrationality and moodiness, but if there is a Coach bag in it for me…give me a call.

Wait a minute. FUCK. COME BACK TESTES! Descend back into the nutsack from whence thy came!

[quote]BeefEater wrote:
it has a monolift.[/quote]

The gym at my university. The university athletes have their own area. They have a monorack from elitefts. It’s like a $5k rack. No one there knows how to use it, such a waste.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

[quote]Nards wrote:
[/quote]

Well, I had planned to watch Sex and the City, drink a cosmopolitan, and maintain a constant state of irrationality and moodiness, but if there is a Coach bag in it for me…give me a call.

Wait a minute. FUCK. COME BACK TESTES! Descend back into the nutsack from whence thy came![/quote]

I’m not sure if the training montage from Rocky III will help or not.

My old gym allowed chalk and had 3 power racks and one squat rack. Also DB’s up to 180lbs, atlas stones, sleds, logs, and London Ontario Power Lifting club trained there. I loved it. I learned so much.

But I moved and had to join a YMCA. Then they started upping my membership fee for a single dad.
So I had to tighten the wallet and built my own home gym so now I am hard core as I like.