T Nation

You Know You Live in a Recession....

My son comes home from a full filled night of gathering all of the sweet, tasty treats and as I am doing my parental thing of two pieces of candy for me and one for him, what do I find in in his bag?

Ramen Noodle Soup, Beef Flavor! WTF!!! What happen to candy?

My sister got plastic grapes so I am feeling your pain.

I did get a good laugh though.

Whatever happened to the bundles of M&M’s and candy apples? But plastic grapes? I thought my son got screwed! WooooW!

I watched some teenager having a seizure in the middle of the street. Some bystanders were taking care of him, I wondered if i should pat him down for drugs so he wouldnt get in trouble. Heard some sirens so I went home.

[quote]slippery_banana wrote:
My sister got plastic grapes so I am feeling your pain.

I did get a good laugh though.[/quote]

lol, wow someone wanted to kill a few kids.

I think the funniest thing that happened with “candy” was halloween at my parents house like 5 years ago. My bro and I used to be really into paintball back then and we poured some of our excess paintballs into a candy dish without really thinking about it. Like 30 minutes later, my dad comes home, goes into the kitchen and I hear “What the hell?!”

He had attempted to eat one of the paintballs thinking it was candy and had paint all in his mouth. I laughed my ass off.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

He had attempted to eat one of the paintballs thinking it was candy and had paint all in his mouth. I laughed my ass off.[/quote]

actually way, it’s not paint, it’s colored food-grade vegetable oil.

My parents told me their doorbell and the surrounding area was left gooey after all the trick-or-treaters left. Thought it might have been a prank or something, but he recognized the smell…hand sanitizer. Some local parent was apparently slopping this stuff onto doorbells before his kids pushed the button.

^^ that’s hilarious.
i would have loved to get that ramen, its one of my favorite post-WO meals LOL

i could tell my kids haul was less yesterday. fewer houses giving stuff out.

I remember back in the early 80’s my mom gave out pennies one year, good thing people were scared of her.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:

He had attempted to eat one of the paintballs thinking it was candy and had paint all in his mouth. I laughed my ass off.

actually way, it’s not paint, it’s colored food-grade vegetable oil.[/quote]

Munitions expert.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

lol, wow someone wanted to kill a few kids.

[/quote]

Well I guess the sodium in Ramen noodles is super high but death could take 60 years.

Well the sad thing about the plastic grapes was that my sister tried to eat them.

SHE IS 14 YEARS OLD!!!
She’s old enough to know the difference.

I guess that just makes her an idiot the more I think about it.

When I trick or treated I used to get candy corn!!!

Candy corn was the shit.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
I watched some teenager having a seizure in the middle of the street. Some bystanders were taking care of him, I wondered if i should pat him down for drugs so he wouldnt get in trouble. Heard some sirens so I went home.[/quote]

Megan’s law.

[quote]leaftye wrote:
spyoptic wrote:
I watched some teenager having a seizure in the middle of the street. Some bystanders were taking care of him, I wondered if i should pat him down for drugs so he wouldnt get in trouble. Heard some sirens so I went home.

Megan’s law.[/quote]

yea and excessory to murder.

did anyone else notice less and less kids are actually trick or treating this year?

I think the doorbell rang 6 times total and i live in an area surrounded by 2 k-6 schools, 3 7-8 and 2 high schools.

My daughter got some broken candy canes…

[quote]combatwombat wrote:
My daughter got some broken candy canes…[/quote]

LOL, yes we are indeed living in a recession. They’re probably from 1992.

If things get any worse, next year will be brillo pads or peanut butter smeared on a playing card.

One year I was scheduled to work on Halloween. They changed the schedule on the day of, so I ended up being home. I was going to go to a party at a friend’s house, but I wasn’t ready yet. Kids started showing up, and I had nothing but 2 big bags of Halls cough drops and some trident. I put it all in a bowl, and made sure to palm the “candy” as I put it in the bags so they couldn’t see what it was.

[quote]HG Thrower wrote:
One year I was scheduled to work on Halloween. They changed the schedule on the day of, so I ended up being home. I was going to go to a party at a friend’s house, but I wasn’t ready yet. Kids started showing up, and I had nothing but 2 big bags of Halls cough drops and some trident. I put it all in a bowl, and made sure to palm the “candy” as I put it in the bags so they couldn’t see what it was. [/quote]

i bet all that practice helped out when you palmed the roofie into your date’s drink later that night