You Heard It Here First

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
It would take a major screw up for Barry to not be reelected.

The main problem with the GOP is that most if not all of their contenders are pseudo bat-shit crazy. They are yesterdays news (Romney? Yea right. Huckabee? Oh please. Palin? Not a chance.) They need someone who is right of center, fiscally conservative but socially centrist. Someone who will GTFO of Iraq and Afghanistan. No one gives a shit about gays getting married or serving in the military.

How about someone who will prosecute those Wall Street CEO’s who helped ruin the country ? Not one indictment, NOT ONE. [/quote]

I voted for Obama in 2008 and I think I tend to be left of you, but I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to vote for the candidate you describe here. I like Obama and I respect his intelligence, but I’d rather elect a Republican willing to cockslap the criminals that ruined this country’s economy and pull us out of these bullshit wars.

I think the GOP is more focused on 2016. Why run your best guy against Obama when you can waste some crazy old idiot in 2012 and then run a winner in 2016 against Clinton or Biden?[/quote]

Sooooo, you two are willing to vote for anyone promising you a witchhunt?

Well, a Mencken quote is in order:

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.[/quote]

I would hardly describe the criminal prosecution of people who committed massive financial fraud a fucking witch hunt.[/quote]

Fraud?

Now fraud is a strong word, with massive legal implications.

Almost like witchcraft and heresy.

If company A sells bundled mortgages to company B completely and utterly fails to do their job and look into those papers, fraud is not the word I would use.

[/quote]

It is fraud when A knows B has no job, no money down, credit worth of piss. Do you understand that in the application of a loan, the person writes down that they have no job, or that their income is low, or a downright lie as to the amount they claim they make? That’s not fraud?

[quote]smh23 wrote:
That’s a very simplified version of what happened. I would suggest you see “Inside Job” if you haven’t. Slanted, yes, but facts are facts and the ones in that movie point toward fraud.[/quote]

Inside job…

Mmmmmh…

So hedge funds and investment banks who hired hundreds of analysts who are paid to look into this were defrauded.

Oh my, I think they should sue.

So you think there was no wrongdoing? Nothing happened for which criminal prosecution would be warranted?

To stay on topic, yes Obama will probably get re-elected. Less than 50% of the country will vote.

I doubt there are that many hardcore Obama supporters out there anymore (other than George Soros), his tenure pretty much eliminated ALL HOPE that any of these candidates differs in anything but rhetoric.

Republicans do have quite an array of morons as “front runners”.

Huckabee- anti gay marriage as a platform? Really? His outdated values are not in touch with the rest of society.

Bachman- Sarah Palin redux, both of them are utterly incompetent fools that can appeal to some sort of populist movement, but would not garner widespread support. Neither could do anything other than continue the same Warfare-Welfare state while talking about Free Markets (which we have pretty much the opposite of)

Newt Gingrich- not even worthy of a discussion, old, fat, disgraced, and more of what I said above

Haley Barbor- about the same as gingrich except racist.

Mitt Romney- probably the only person with a chance of running against Obama, but no chance of beating him. As someone said, he is too busy making himself look like a democrat.

These fools quabble over 60 billion in cuts, and then the rapid jump is to cut medicare, but nobody had the balls to mention what getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan would save us. Spineless fools in a nation of uneducated sheep.