You Dont Need Carbs Peri Workout

Wowzers Hips,
That is a tonne of carbs you are recommending there. The experience at my gym has shown people to perform quite well (optimally?) at a fraction of the carbs you mention. Our general recomendation is about 50-100g a day with 25-50% of that coming from the PWO Meal and we actually use no carbs PWO (protein and glutamine only) if fat loss is the primary goal.

For me your recommendations would have me somewhere around 780-977g/day. We would do a periodic re-feed meal once or twice a week that might get up above 1000g, but I wouldn’t like to see the results of my BF% tests after any length of time sustained at that level.

Perhaps this is more specific to endurance athletes who would be excercising for 2-3 hours per day?

Whatever happened to trying everything and finding out what works best for you, individually?

[quote]SSC wrote:
Whatever happened to trying everything and finding out what works best for you, individually?[/quote]

Because that requires thinking and a systematic approach, and understanding basic biology and your bodies individual needs. As well as healthy dose of common sense. Much of that seems to be lacking around these boards these days!

[quote]antman wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:
Whatever happened to trying everything and finding out what works best for you, individually?[/quote]

Because that requires thinking and a systematic approach, and understanding basic biology and your bodies individual needs. As well as healthy dose of common sense. Much of that seems to be lacking around these boards these days![/quote]

It would also eliminate the need of a board.

I mean if it’s all about trying what works best for you, why even consult with others??

Shit, I guess I should go through 50 different products before finding what’s effective!

Asking people who have been successful what works for them = wrong

[quote]BathMatt wrote:
Wowzers Hips,
That is a tonne of carbs you are recommending there. The experience at my gym has shown people to perform quite well (optimally?) at a fraction of the carbs you mention. Our general recomendation is about 50-100g a day with 25-50% of that coming from the PWO Meal and we actually use no carbs PWO (protein and glutamine only) if fat loss is the primary goal.

For me your recommendations would have me somewhere around 780-977g/day. We would do a periodic re-feed meal once or twice a week that might get up above 1000g, but I wouldn’t like to see the results of my BF% tests after any length of time sustained at that level.

Perhaps this is more specific to endurance athletes who would be excercising for 2-3 hours per day?[/quote]

To chime in from the strong man front, I do around 150-200g peri-workout (~2 hr sessions).
I never really counted the rest but I’d be damned if I even reach 400g daily (around 240 lbs right now).
Then again, I’ve always been a bigger fan of the fats and the proteins :slight_smile: