Yorkshire Iron's Log

How much do you weigh? @jackolee or @The_Mighty_Stu know much more about this than me but 270 protein seems a little high. If you aren’t having a few shakes will need to eat a fair bit to get to this too.

Blimey I hope I don’t!

93kg - 205lbs

Can you tell I’ve never tracked my food properly? lol

I’ve started tracking from today so if I am a fair bit off the 270g I will lower that, cheers!

Maybe wait for the others I tagged to chime in. I weigh a little less than you so my protein was set a little lower than you but there is no way I could get 270 in a day without a couple of shakes.

1 Like

Another uk member checking in. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it. Loads of people have it without knowing or ever experiencing problems because of it.

1 Like

I think it may just be the camera angle. Wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like

People tend to overestimate their protein needs. I’ll agree that to a degree, a bit more than the recommended daily protein intake for sedentary people can make a big impact for hard training individuals, BUT within reason.

Of course if you need to hit a certain amount of target calories, and you’re more carb sensitive, eating more protein (higher Thermic Effect) or even Fats may be your better option despite ending up with a curiously high looking daily total.

S

2 Likes

Each year I competed, and felt more comfortable with my understanding of nutrition, I ate less and less protein and More and more carbs and fats.

Eventually my protein was “Only” maybe 200g or so (my stage weight was 178), but my carbs (175 for my first ever cut) had increased to 250-450 while keeping similar daily caloric totals.

S

1 Like

Your wisdom is much appreciated, Stu. My nutritional knowledge is next to non-existent to be honest!

1 Like

29/01/20

Leg press 1x100
Push press 5x3
Front squats 5x5
Leg curl 3x20

30/01/20

Rest day

Why do you people do such things?

Gets the blood flowing that’s for sure!

It was actually just one rep at 100kg. He doesn’t want to overtrain.

4 Likes

Down to 92KG.

Training has been going well, as has the nutrition side of things. Calorie-wise I’m on the right track, finding it difficult to hit my macros exactly, although, that was to be expected.

Monday’s training:

A.M. -

High pulls 3x3
Cleans 3x5
Pin press 3x8
Face pulls 3x10
EZ curls w/ French press - 3x ca.8 eacg IIRC

Monday Eve: Football match in a blizzard

Today - rest day

3 Likes

Weds eve: Elimination Circuit
Military press
Zercher squat
Wide grip military press
High pull
Pendlay row

Thurs - Rest day

Nutrition notes:

Struggling to hit protein day after day. Carbs & fats are ok. Calories maybe even on the low side.

Pretty obvious why I’ve struggled with dieting down previously. Need to up the protein and perhaps look at slightly dialing in the carbs on non-training days.

Add in a high protein desert before you go to bed. Greek Yogurt mixed with protein powder (flavour of your choice, salted caramel or strawberry work well), little milk to make it less glaggy!!
If your carbs are low just sprinkle cereal like rice Krispies on it,.

2 Likes

Thanks, they are two things I always have in the house as well.

1 Like

Unlucky last night pal, your team did well.

1 Like