T Nation

Yogi's Random Training Thoughts

Heyyyy yoooouuuuu guuyyyysssss!

That was a great movie.

So how is everyone? Summer is over and now is time for an update:

Summer bulking has been a success. Bodyweight is now a smidge over 190lbs, which is exactly where I predicted I’d be by this time. Body fat isn’t terrible; my waist measures 34.5" around the navel so nothing really to worry about. Top 4 abs are still visible.

This is pretty much my limit in terms of how fat I like to be though, so I’m going to cut a little fat. It’s not going to be an extreme cut getting down into single digits like it was last time; it’s just to tighten up a little so that the next time I do a mega cut I’m not starting out too chubby.

That’s not the only reason I’m dieting though - I am fucking sick of stuffing myself with food and I need a break from it. My cut’ll give my digestive tract a break and my mind an emotional break from force feeding. I also think that 9 months or so of pounding carbs has probably had a detrimental effect on my insulin sensitivity, so it probably makes sense to reset that.

The cut’ll last 8 weeks max, and the goal is to drop 10lbs and/or 2.5" from my waist. I actually think I’ll have that done in 6 weeks. So assuming I end up a sexy 180lbs (full six pack but not shredded, I’d expect) that’ll give me a good starting point to reassess my calories intake and start building that up.

The long term plan will be something like:

-Cut
-2 weeks of eating at maintenance (BW x 15, 150g carbs per day).
-Increase cals to BW x 18
-Continue until stall
-Increase calories and/or hormones as needed until I’m a little chubs again

And so on. Going to experiment with bulking on slightly fewer calories(3500 is a smidge too high I think if I want to stay lean long term) and waaaay fewer carbs, eating in a similar way to Punny (carbs timed around workouts, fewer carbs on rest days).

If I can end the year close to the weight I am now (realistically maybe 185lbs with full 6 pack) then that’ll be me well on course to finish out next year at a ripped two hundo.

Onwards and upwards!

If you experience any success whatsoever I believe proper internet bodybuilding protocol dictates that I HAVE to now brand myself as a diet and nutrition coach.

That said, still wish you luck with the approach.

Haha, I’ve learned so much from you over the years if I’m ever at some kind of awards ceremony you can be my +1

Still just a cipher with no pics, just saying.

No drugs on the cut? WTF? Disappointed.

You really want me to lose my air of mystery?

Thought about using a little clen on my cut but I’m so sensitive to it I essentially feel like I’m on speed the whole time. Makes me clench my jaw and gives me a crazy look in my eye that people can pick up on. Not really too cool in the workplace.

Based on the Scots I’ve met I would have thought you’d stand out more if you weren’t constantly wild-eyed and gurning.

@Chris_Colucci I want to report yet another incident of anti-Scottish xenophobia!

YaWeeLass

I’m English (sort of). Denying me my right to be a cunt to Scottish people is in itself anti-English xenophobia. It’s a fine tradition of my people dating back thousands of years.

We’ll set aboot ye, ya prick!

Where in England actually are you?

I actually haven’t lived full-time in England for about 7 years now, but I grew up in NW London. Lived in Gibraltar then Dublin and now on the Isle of Man.

I was born in Wales and most of my family is Irish; I’d actually rarely call myself English and usually just say I’m British.

Ewwww and you have the nerve to insult Scotland???

I actually wasn’t going to admit that because of that, and also because I’m very doxx-able now given only about 18 people live on the Isle of Man.

Also I guess the forum itself now thinks I’m gay for you too:

Are you saying you’re very doable with two kisses in between? …this shit is getting weird.