Yogi's Random Training Thoughts

Yea, the weather sure is wet this time of year.

1 Like

yeah but I like it because puddles are so great

1 Like

I like splashing in them and getting the girls wet.

There seems to be a yogi in a specific internet location, could this be you?

ehh I don’t think so. But dude if you ever want to hit me up email me at yogi.t.nation at gmail dot com

just tell me when you’ve done it as I never check that account

1 Like

Thought you’d appreciate this yogi :joy:

I hate the fucking bagpipes!

1 Like

Yogi have you heard of Dr Serrano, ? Does a bit of work with John meadows. He mentions that you don’t get any benefit going over 600mg of test, and also people go way over the top with there estrogen control. Thought I would link it here because your cycle seems a good way to go, you don’t need 3-4 different compounds 1000mg test to make gains.

Yeah I know Serrano. Thanks for posting that! I’ll give it a listen later.

Serrano’s cool but some of his thoughts are pretty out there, and fly in the face of what the top diet/drug coaches recommend. Like, he recommends completely changing your diet every 2 weeks! How would you do that?

The 600mg test thing is interesting, but fairly easy to disprove. I mean, do we really think the gains would be the same from 600mg as they would from 1200mg? I don’t buy it. Do I think that most people could use less? Probably, but I think it’d only be the very genetically gifted IFBB pros using as little as that (although I’m sure more of them use low doses than we realise).

For someone like me, there’s probably not much point going too far above 600mg, and certainly not a gram, which is what I’m going to put to the test over the coming cycles. Who knows, though? Maybe I’ll end up on 12g a week, Dallas McCarver style.

His thoughts on E control are very interesting, and make a lot of sense. Aromatase signals your liver to make IGF-1 so you want a little of it because of that, and if you crush your aromatase enzymes too low you turn off a major fat-burning pathway (brown fat) so that’s no bueno either. There’s such a range in the amount of aromatase enzymes people produce that I’m not sure how you could make such a blanket statement, but uninformed BB-types do usually think that oestrogen = bad so they try and get it as low as possible.

I dunno. Serrano’s obviously way smarter than me and does this shit for a living so he probably knows best, but when you essentially have one lone guru advocating a totally different approach to all the top guys (Serrano, to my knowledge, doesn’t work with any of the top dudes) then I think it should give you pause.

1 Like

Fucking back’s been hurting. First time in a long time, and I’m pretty sure it’s because front squats are back in the mix.

Not happy. Not happy at all. Rather than drop the squats, I’ll try and figure out why they’re hurting. Having not consistently done any core work in, oh, I dunno, 32 years I thought I’d give some RKC planks ago (I sort of hate how they get called that, as really they’re just the correct way to do a plank, but I digress…).

30 seconds I managed, barely. Shaking like Michael J. Fox on a vibraplate the whole time, too. Think I may have found the reason why my back sucks. While my abs are strong, something in my core is weak as a kitten.

So every workout now it’ll be planks, or planks + pallof holds depending on time. Anti-extension is the name of the game, and in case anyone is wondering why pallofs - rotation is a form of extension.

Once I can hold a (RKC) plank for 1 minute absolutely rock solid without any shaking or anything, I’ll make the move harder somehow. No idea how long it’ll take but seeing as I’ve probably had a dysfunction somewhere in my core musculature for my entire adult life I expect it’ll not happen overnight.

Will also be testing to see if my mobility improves as my core gets stronger. In theory, it should.

I am the epitome of the dude who looks like he’s in shape but is weak as a kitten. Lie me down on a bench I can hang with the big boys, but anything that involves transferring force through my pelvis and I’m weak as a kitten. Bench three plates? Nae bother. Deadlift 2? I’ll be laid up on the couch for a weak.

No more. 2018 is the year I get my core strength up to what it should be for having trained as long as I have.

8 Likes

Must be my problem too. I did front squats without a belt on Wednesday and have been in pain since.

I always assumed I had abs underneath the pints of ice cream around my waist. Maybe the Clen I ordered will reveal my internal organs?

RKC planks? I had to Google that, isn’t that just a normal plank?

Well there’s a good chance your heart’ll explode out your anus.

Just be careful with your dosing at first. The first couple of clen runs I did I used 80mcg and it was fine. The next batch of clen I used, I took 80mcg again and it totally brutalised me. Clen has like a 26 hour half life so if you take too much you’re in for a full day of absolute hell. I speak from experience.

Start at 20mcg the first day, and increase by 20mcg every day. Don’t use for more than 5 days in a row, and make sure you take at least 9 days off after every 5. Don’t use anything like ketotifen and try and stay on for ages.

And enjoy dropping at faster than you ever thought possible.

1 Like

it is, but over the last few years it’s become the norm to refer to them as RKC planks, which bugs me.

It’s to do with squeezing your lats in, shoulders down etc. Somewhere along the way that stopped being the recommended way to do planks so the RKC plank was born.

And also - hey Ben. Feel like I’ve not spoken to you in fucking ages. Hope you’re doing good, I checked your log the other day and your bench is getting strong! You’ve clearly been at the 'roids and I’m very proud.

4 Likes

Awwww, coming from you, that means a bunch. Hah

1 Like

Do you take tabs or liquid?

Have you tried goblet squats? I’ve been doing them a lot more recently and they seem to do much the same as front squats with more ab work.

Shot you an email

Received - replied to you from a different email (my main one - the one I actually check)

That’s interesting you find they work the abs a bit harder. Maybe something I should try. I’ve never done goblet squats with any degree of consistency although I used to prescribe them for my PT clients