Yogi's Random Training Thoughts

and I know I fucking suck at the photos thing. I don’t do it to piss you guys off I just really am this fucking forgetful and disorganised

1 Like

The dude with the sneaker and body fat question is back - and he actually looks good. No sneaker though.

1 Like

Well, @EyeDentist is now “Zero Chill”, @flipcollar is “No Chill” and the news of Ronnie Coleman still being in a wheelchair made a poor dude run to his car and cry. Normal stuff.

7 Likes

Oh, and @dt79 still hates Rippetoe and SS.

So, no, nothing new.

1 Like

Noooo, I LIKE Rippetoe. I dislike SS.

1 Like

well I don’t know how he expects anyone to measure his bodyfat without the shoe but I’m glad the guy’s looking good

That sounds like serious stuff. I’m not even sure I know what those phrases mean (aren’t they the same?) but it sure sounds like some serious shit went down.

Since you’ve mentioned Clen a few times, I wonder how you would do with adding clen to a transdermal fat burner? Have you heard of this approach? Never tried it myself, but I’ve been researching these topicals and it seems like it’s a thing. Might be good for someone obsessed with the Christmas tree.

clen works amazingly but god damn it makes me feel like hell. Kinda feel like I should start paying more attention to the state of my heart, too. Not saying I’ll never use it again but I’m conflicted.

Would you ever use a topical? I’ve always dismissed them but I’m hearing more and more people whom I respect endorse them, so it’s intriguing.

I have read warnings to never use yohimbine and clen together. I dunno if that applies to the topical though…

From what I understand, you mix the clen into the topical so you get local effects without the systemic side effects.

I’ve only ever heard of topical yohimbine, never clen. Not saying it’s not a thing, just that I’ve never heard of it. The oral bioavailability of clen is like 98% so I guess maybe there’s never been a need.

It’s also my understanding that topical yohimbine exists because people use it to target the areas with higher alpha 2 receptors (my god damn low back!), whereas clen carpet bombs all your beta receptors equally.

The transdermal thing never made much sense to me as a concept anyway, because surely once it’s through your skin it’s in your bloodstream, and as soon as that happens shit’ll go systemic immediately.

I dunno. I guess it wouldn’t be that hard of a thing to try out; dissolve some clen in some vodka and rub it on one side of your love handle. If that love handle shrinks faster than the other one and your ass doesn’t start shaking like Michael J Fox on a Vibraplate then you know it’s had a localised effect.

3 Likes

Ok, so here’s how 2018’s going to go:

-Finish at 190lbs with a 30 inch waist.
-17 inch arm (pretty big ask to be honest)
-140k bench for 10 reps (confident on this)
-120k front squat for 20 reps.

Them’s the goals. Going to be a hard year, but I’ve made my mind up I’m going back on steroids in the spring. Cycle will likely be

-300mg test
-600mg EQ

For 10-12 weeks, then I’ll bump up either the test, the EQ or both (probably both) and add anavar for another 8 weeks or so. That should net me a good 10lbs of quality mass and hopefully recomp a bit too if I don’t get lazy with my diet and cardio (which I don’t intend to do).

Realistically I don’t think my frame is such that I can carry a 17inch arm at 190lbs shredded. Whatevs. Won’t know until I try.

The bench goal’ll go down easy I think, and the front squat goal might sound like pussy shit to you assholes but I don’t care. If I can even front squat 100k pain free tomorrow than I’ll be a happy man, so shaddap.

8 Likes

Another bloke on these forums that clearly hates themselves :joy:

I don’t think anyone could say it’s pussy shit. It may not be a huge amount of weight but 20 reps of any decent weight sitting high on the shoulders is still fukin disgusting!

5 Likes

I believe in you, you crazy bastard.

2 Likes

What are your arms at the minute?

ILC303-1

4 Likes

Pish. Like a little over 15". Lost like half an inch in the cut.

It’s funny - people still comment on them and I’m like “Shaddap! You don’t know! Just shaddap!”

I guess maybe they look bigger because of my tiny frame, I dunno. I think I can definitely finish out the year well North of 16", but 17’s a fair stretch.

1 Like

haha, love it!

Yeah 17 is gonna be tough going then!

I have the same thing with arms, I always think they look small and I see other people’s arms and think they look big. There was this lad at the gym once who I noticed had great arms, I thought I wonder how he goes about training them, when I asked him he laughed and said I should be the one asking you, your arms are huge compared to mine. When we was stood side by side in the mirror I realised he was right. I think I will always think negatively about my arm size!

2 Likes

haha, dude, I do that all the time. You see some dude and you think “woah it’d be cool to be as big as that” then you see your reflection and you’re bigger. The internal skinny kid never really leaves you.

2 Likes