Yogi's Random Training Thoughts

I’m 54, lol.

4 Likes

I’ve always wanted a swole grandpa lol. @The_Myth

1 Like

Lol. I got a late start, my kids are 11 and 14, so I’m not a grandpa, and I’m certainly not swole . . . yet!

2 Likes

You’ve got roughly 2 more years. Then you’re officially into the old guy realm of life. My dad is 57 I believe, I call him half a century and 7 years old lol.

1 Like

I’m going to welcome old age with open arms. Being young is freaking amazing, but annoying sometimes as well.

1 Like

HEY!!!

Watch what you say!

2 Likes

Ha my girlfriend is 2 years older then you, lol.

1 Like

I’m just playing around man. Older people get tons of respect in my book anyways. I hope TheMyth knew I was joking.

1 Like

It was da troot bro, I am old, lol.

3 Likes

Younger then me :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

you guys remember me telling you about that dude who told me he loved me?

Well that like 10 months ago now, and he hadn’t spoken to me since. I was beginning to think that maybe he didn’t love me after all.

But the other day in the gym he saw me and waved me over. When I got there, without even saying hello or anything he came out with:

Him: My favourite thing from the chippy (that’s what we call fish and chip shops here) is a burger with barbecue sauce. You have to ask them to put the chips in the roll.
Me: Ehh, ok, cool. Sounds nice, man.
Him: What’s your favourite thing from the chippy?
Me: I like a king rib, personally (it’s like a deep fried, battered lump of pork in case any of you are wondering. Totally amazing).
Him: Yeah I like that too, but with barbecue sauce.

And then he just turned away from me and continued on with his workout. Nice that he’s talking to me again. Maybe he does love me after all.

6 Likes

Sounds like he wanted to know if you like the meat…

I’m sure the sauna comment is appropriate for this thread now…

3 Likes

Maybe he only likes you when you are shredded?

I hadn’t thought of that. He’s so shallow.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen an update on injuries and such lately, you find the right prehab/rehab exercises to get you back in ship shape (not to be confused with shit shape)?

You god damn jinxing motherfucker! Haha.

Na, man; injury situation’s pretty cool just now mostly just due to avoiding the dangerous stuff. I’m happy that my shoulders seem to be handling flat benching just now, although I’m making sure not to go super heavy and getting the most I can out of lighter weights with it. Once the weight starts to creep up over about 120k I start to worry a little, so 90% of my work sets are less than that.

For lower body I’ve been all about those front squat grip reverse lunges, but have recently started doing the good ole 10x10 GVT style front squats. My thinking is it’s a happy medium between weights and HIIT cardio, and so beneficial to cutting (even though doing it on like zero carbs is an absolute ordeal).

In terms of prehab/rehab, aside from a few sets of face pulls prior to benching I do absolutely zero.

How’s your own training coming on?

Sounds suspiciously like fit chick territory haha glad to hear you’ve sorted out the adjustments you’ve needed. It’s going surprisingly well, finally busted through my plateau and everything jumped up pretty well for me, lots of work left, but everything is headed in the right direction now that I’m fully recovered.

My quads cramped up just reading that lol.

Mate, I’ve been doing cardio and core workouts lately. Doesn’t get much more “fit chick” than that!

Good to hear shit’s going well for you. I’m liking where I’m at with my training just now too. I’ll be starting next year in really good condition so if I’m smart I might not have to diet at all next year, just maintain the leanness.