Yogi's Random Training Thoughts

I know, mate, hence it just being easier to pick a handful of nutrient-dense foods I knew I could tolerate and just eat those.

I don’t have dietary restrictions, but I’ve had much better results by picking 3-4 protein sources, 2-3 carb sources, and 2-3 fat sources and making a diet out of those. I switch them up every few months or when I feel like it is time! Grocery shopping is also much easier this way :slight_smile:

@Yogi1 – boom! :arrow_up: And now all your problems are solved! :joy:

7 Likes

Crazy how something that so many people don’t even consider can cause such a problem for some… Just shows how there are SO many variables to consider, probably things we haven’t even thought to worry about that hinder or could improve our progress dramatically.

I think getting to know your body in ANY way is a big step forward and a very worthwhile pursuit, good job on what you’ve accomplished man! Interesting read for sure.

Yogi’s pretty damn smart. I don’t think reiterating info he has known for probably years, is the best way to get on his good side. Ya?

1 Like

I think it’s called ‘kissing arse’?

Shmoozing?
Smoocher?
Dick suck?

Maybe a good measure of ego stroking?

Either way Yogi just gets to sit back and lap it up, the lucky bastard. Lol

2 Likes

You could call it that. Or it may be something else. The universe only knows

1 Like

yeah man, I’m so jealous of the iron stomach folks but I’m just not that guy.

I can still enjoy the good shit every once in a while, but I’ll never be one of those dudes who can bulk on shit like pizzas all the time.

Eating 3500+ cals of lean meat and rice is a total bitch!

4 Likes

I can’t eat stuff like pizza because while I do gain muscle quite easily and have never struggles with that, I also gain fat VERY easily and its hard for me to lose it. I was naturally around 17-19% bf before working out.

That being said, I find that nowadays I have a great carb tolerance! Last bulk my macros were 325 protein, 580 carbs, and fats varied from 60-90, next time I’m limiting them at 70 though.

I find I have NO problem eating 1 cup of brown rice per serving 4 times a day (560 carbs total in 4 cups), as long as the protein source I couple with the rice is liquid, so a cup of brown rice with 40g from protein powder OR raw egg whites is my go to meal when bulking, usually with egg whites.

1 Like

I’ve never struggled to gain muscle, I am always surprised how fast it comes on when I bulk.

You ignored the second part of that post, where I also say that I gain fat very easily as well, and I have a very hard time losing fat. I have to eat EXTREMELY clean to stay even at 12% bodyfat, and I have to do lots of cardio to get lower than that.

I’m not claiming great genetics, if I had to guess id say they were a little bit better than average.

I Would much rather be an ectomorph type who struggles to gain muscle but is always at 10%bf or lower, I have a friend like this and he is like perma-shredded no matter what he eats, I am super jealous. HE is only 165lb but he looks HYUUGE at 9% bf, and he is natty to top it off!

I would classify my body as an endo-meso with a slower than average metabolism but with a pretty good response to insulin, which is supposedly not common with my body type.

aha! I’ve got you beat in the fat loss department then. I can gain fat but only if I really, really overeat. Like, a level of overeating you can only do deliberately.

Made that mistake in the past thinking it was the key to gaining muscle. Nope! I can’t remember exactly but I think I was up about 210lbs at one point, and ended up having to cut back down to like 170! Haha.

Mercifully, I can lose fat very easily. Sure do wish I could build some muscle though!

1 Like

I’m gaining fat right now just reading this so fffffuck you all.

4 Likes

just more of you to love, teddy bear

6 Likes

Could be worse I suppose.

1 Like

The grass is always greener right, id trade you metabolisms in a second by the sounds of it

i get fat even from training.

Anything crazy happening in the land of the kilts? I need entertainment…

2 Likes

Kinda. Been dieting for a week so I’ll update this shit soon with some news about that.

3 Likes

And some pics right lol