yoghurt question

What do you guys feel about eating yoghurt when doing a low carb diet (t-dawg 2.0)? I know most yoghurts have a high carb count, manily the reason why I don’t eat it.

You could use natural yoghurt which has about 6g of carbs per 100g

Even when dieting and eating less carbs, I still eat yogurt. I’ve switched to the Fat Free version since it also uses some artificial sweeteners. This helps bring the carbs down to more than half of regular yogurt. Go to your local grocery store and compare. I buy Publix brand, but I’ve heard that Winn Dixie brand is even lower in carbs.

Thanks for the reponse guys, just thinking of some new stuff to out into the diet. BTW yoghurt is considered a protein source last time I checked.

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before there is low carb yogurt on the market if there isn’t already.

don’t eat any yogurt with fruit in it. - its sweetened and has about 13-14 g/cup. try to find plain yogurt that has active cultures - its a good protein source and will help your digestive tract. otherwise, go with low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese if you’re using them in shakes or don’t really care about the taste.