Yoga and PWO Nutrition

If I do slow flow yoga after lifting, is it fine to consume my protein after the hour of yoga? (in the session there is still a ton of core work being done…sort of like doing abs for an hr after working out.)

Yes.

thanks

Of course it’s OK, but honestly, I’d try to get it in right after lifting, before yoga, if your stomach can handle it.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Of course it’s OK, but honestly, I’d try to get it in right after lifting, before yoga, if your stomach can handle it.[/quote]

yoga is meant to be done on an empty stomach. Something like no food for 2 hours before hand.

For the OP i’d say it’s more important to get the shake in asap and do yoga some other time. I’ve done it before bed and it’s very relaxing and helps me sleep well. You’re probably doing more intense yoga since you say it’s more of a core workout so that might not be the best before bed. I found core yoga didn’t do much, i just like using it to get a good stretch and relax.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Of course it’s OK, but honestly, I’d try to get it in right after lifting, before yoga, if your stomach can handle it.[/quote]

yoga is meant to be done on an empty stomach. Something like no food for 2 hours before hand.

For the OP i’d say it’s more important to get the shake in asap and do yoga some other time. I’ve done it before bed and it’s very relaxing and helps me sleep well. You’re probably doing more intense yoga since you say it’s more of a core workout so that might not be the best before bed.

I found core yoga didn’t do much, i just like using it to get a good stretch and relax.

Yes, yoga is meant to be done on an empty stomach. You could take something like 10g of BCAAs before as well as after lifting and before yoga, then the shake after yoga.

All in all, I doubt that it will make a great difference, though. Just make sure to get some protein and carbs when you are done with everything and you should be fine.