Yo Regulars, The Brotards Are Gone

[quote]Therizza wrote:
what the fuck is a shooting star press?

AND BTW

The Ultimate Warrior was a better Pro Wrestler than Brock.[/quote]

basically a gainer into a frog splash

I am not versed in the names of Pro Wrestling moves.

I have been involved in the MMA scene in various capacities since 2001 and when the sport got as popular as it has I was pretty bitter about all the “Brotards” jumping on the band wagon knowing very little and telling everyone that this guy was going to beat that guy etc. I have come to the realization that in any sport you are going to get these kinds of fans.

Guys who only watch the Superbowl telling you who the best team in the NFL is or those who wear a Yankees hat but don’t know thier record. For the most part those people are just following a trend and they will likely never understand the game/sport or get near as much pleasure out of it as a real hardcore fan would.

Wood, I agree, and those people should be shot on sight. Preferably with a harpoon gun and/or grenade launcher.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Serious MMA fans were in awe when randleman dumped fedor on his head in a flying suplex and how amazing and indestructable fedor was for surviving such a blow and not only that turning the fight moments later and finishing randleman with an armbar. It is essentially the same if not more impressive for brock to jump off the top rope and land on his head like that. he probably weighed as much as both randleman and fedor at the time and he jumped off the top rope, so the force must have been incredible on his head and neck. Does it mean his chin has been tested, no, the biological reactions to the impacts would most likely be different. But if fedor can be praised for his toughness in a similar situation, then bringing the failed shooting star press up when considering brocks toughness is valid. Heck it’s the only thing we really have to go on because so far no one has tested his chin.

V[/quote]

Again…there is nothing wrong with that argument for his toughness. In fact,that is what should have been stated instead of the ludicrousness of the original argument with the shooting star press attempt.

It sucks but guys like that pay the bills for the companies and athletes we love to see compete. I read a good thread on an MMA forum which summed it up pretty well. Being an old school MMA fan is like having a super hot girlfriend who is really good in the sack. You want your friends to know how good it is an you know they just don’t get it when you try to explain but your not exactly happy when they talk about it and you sure as hell aren’t going to let them fuck her to find out for themselves!

you are a technician with words my friend!

[quote]wood wrote:
It sucks but guys like that pay the bills for the companies and athletes we love to see compete. I read a good thread on an MMA forum which summed it up pretty well. Being an old school MMA fan is like having a super hot girlfriend who is really good in the sack. You want your friends to know how good it is an you know they just don’t get it when you try to explain but your not exactly happy when they talk about it and you sure as hell aren’t going to let them fuck her to find out for themselves![/quote]

Great post and great analogy. The more dumb fucks we get to dump thier money into MMA regardless of thier intelligence or actual level of personal involvement, the more money & publicity the sport gains, and the better fights we get to see.

People in my area have a prety strong attraction to the sport because Matt Hamil was a bouncer at a local bar here for years. A lot of people knew him and before he got real big, like when people heard about him being on TUF before it aired, a lot of people who know about MMA would go up and talk with him. He will literally talk to anyone for hours on end, he is a super approachable guy. Having him in our area and his personality and humbleness has done more for the popularity of the sport in this area than any other single recent event (recent being past 5 years or so).

Now a lot of these people HAD no idea what MMA really was before hearing about this local celebrity/hero. A lot of new fans are just getting exposure to something that for a long time we have known is cool, and while your 16 year old suplexing thier little sister off the couch fuctards are going to attach to this stuff, they always have and they always will. You will never get rid of them. Next year a new goup of 16 year olds who are experiencing huge dumps of male hormone, girls boobs, getting picked on for pimples etc… will arrive and they are going to be 90% stupid. We as veteran fans of the sport should handle these “brotards” if you will with kid gloves, a lot of you were dipshits when you were 16, I know I was. AND you may also have the case where it’s really just a new fan who has watched a total of 6 events over the last 2 years who has no idea of the history of the sport. Being elitist does not help us get better fights, it turns people off to the sport. I know when fans boo at an event when there is technical groundwork going on you want to rip every one of thier heads off. BUT, what we need to do is to be ambasadors of the fanbase, encourage intelligent discussions and just like the fighters, show respect for your opponents.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
We as veteran fans of the sport should handle these “brotards” if you will with kid gloves, a lot of you were dipshits when you were 16, I know I was. AND you may also have the case where it’s really just a new fan who has watched a total of 6 events over the last 2 years who has no idea of the history of the sport. Being elitist does not help us get better fights, it turns people off to the sport. I know when fans boo at an event when there is technical groundwork going on you want to rip every one of thier heads off.

V[/quote]

This is where you’re wrong.

I can’t tell you how many bars I’m at during a boxing match where people want to talk about who’s winning, what’s going on, blah blah… and then inevitably they get into a fight or try to start one later on in the night because they think they can box too.

It’s fucking infuriating, and I will not put up with the retards who have never laced up a pair of gloves in their life. Never, never, never.

Kid gloves? How about backhands?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Vegita wrote:
We as veteran fans of the sport should handle these “brotards” if you will with kid gloves, a lot of you were dipshits when you were 16, I know I was. AND you may also have the case where it’s really just a new fan who has watched a total of 6 events over the last 2 years who has no idea of the history of the sport. Being elitist does not help us get better fights, it turns people off to the sport. I know when fans boo at an event when there is technical groundwork going on you want to rip every one of thier heads off.

V

I can’t tell you how many bars I’m at during a boxing match where people want to talk about who’s winning, what’s going on, blah blah… and then inevitably they get into a fight or try to start one later on in the night because they think they can box too.

It’s fucking infuriating, and I will not put up with the retards who have never laced up a pair of gloves in their life. Never, never, never.

Kid gloves? How about backhands?[/quote]

how about shovels?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Vegita wrote:

V

Kid gloves? How about backhands?

how about shovels?[/quote]

Well I doubt any 16 year olds are out at bars starting fights. In all reality, the people who ended up fighting in those instances would have likley fought if it was a football game, or a badmitten game on tv. And yes, I’m not saying you need to treat everyone like some saint. I’m more talking about starting threads casting anyone who thinks brock is good for the sport or has some real upside is a brotard.

V

I think we should define brotard.

I take it to mean anyone who has no fighting experience trying to talk authoritatively on the subject, someone who illogically nut hugs, or a stupid guido fuck in an Affliction/Tapout shirt who thinks he can beat you in a fight at the bar just because he watched the latest season of TUF.

What about you guys

That’s another thing. I used to take pride in wearing fight related clothing. Now I find myself avoiding it to keep from being lumped in with those tards. A buddy just bought a sweet Fedor shirt but has no clue who the guy is but he’s just following the trend.

And fuck those guys who try to start shit at bars because they think their hard in their Tapout gear. Most of those guys learn very quickly that wearing a t-shirt doesn’t mean shit.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

Well I doubt any 16 year olds are out at bars starting fights. In all reality, the people who ended up fighting in those instances would have likley fought if it was a football game, or a badmitten game on tv. And yes, I’m not saying you need to treat everyone like some saint. I’m more talking about starting threads casting anyone who thinks brock is good for the sport or has some real upside is a brotard.

V[/quote]

Brotards are not limited to being 16.

And “in all reality,” watching a fight amps guys up. Especially guys with small peckers who’ve been drinking too much. It’s not like football, it’s not like baseball- fighting is different to do and to watch then everything else in the world. Why? Because every asshole thinks he’s awesome at it naturally.

A lot can be told about the post by the way the person sounds. I can read a post on boxing and tell right away whether someone is just rooting for the guy they like and making shit up or if he actually has technical knowledge of the sport.

If you’re speaking without knowing the sport, and without having done the sport in any capacity, you don’t deserve an opinion. And I will tell them to shut the fuck up EVERY TIME.

[quote]Therizza wrote:
I think we should define brotard.

I take it to mean anyone who has no fighting experience trying to talk authoritatively on the subject, someone who illogically nut hugs, or a stupid guido fuck in an Affliction/Tapout shirt who thinks he can beat you in a fight at the bar just because he watched the latest season of TUF.

What about you guys[/quote]

See I think that first one is bogus. I mean I have no legitamate training or experience in fighting. However, my mind is adequate enough to understand concepts and ideas regarding fighting. My buddy trains Bjj, so should he only be allowed to talk about the bjj exchanges in an MMA fight? Should we limit people who box to only discussing boxing exchanges?

I am fine with the last one, as this is especially the ones who give the sport a black eye. Even your second point though, I mean differences in opinions are going to be had. If someone thinks diego sanches is the greatest P4P fighter in the world, well yea thats retarded, but as long as they can provide some sort of reasoning behind it other than, “I watched his last fight and he kicked the other dudes ass” then “brotard” should not be thrown at them. If someone argues Brock is the best because he beat big show, yea your either a troll, an idiot or a brotard. But if someone thinks he is the top HW because he is strong as an ox, fast, and a great wrestler with improving MMA skills, thats not by any means a brotard.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Therizza wrote:

as long as they can provide some sort of reasoning behind it
[/quote]

That’s what I fucking said. Nut-hugging precludes reasoning.

And I do not want advice on takedowns/takedown defense or any facet of MMA from someone WHO HAS NEVER BEEN ON THE MAT/IN THE RING. We can speak about MMA fights or boxing matches and anyone’s opinion, if having a shred of intelligent thought behind it, is cool.

[quote]Vegita wrote:

See I think that first one is bogus. I mean I have no legitamate training or experience in fighting. However, my mind is adequate enough to understand concepts and ideas regarding fighting. My buddy trains Bjj, so should he only be allowed to talk about the bjj exchanges in an MMA fight? Should we limit people who box to only discussing boxing exchanges?
[/quote]

There are some things that you’re going to have a hard time understanding if you never did it.

See, if I asked a question in the forum about boxing techniques, I’d take irish’s advice over yours because he knows his shit on that subject- it’s what he does. If I posted ‘who would win, a prime Ali or Tyson?’ I would listen to all equally, IF they backed their assertions up with facts.

I would consider it a big difference when a brotard is trying to break down a sub set up to me than if they were enthusiastic about an upcoming fight. One is just a guy enjoying a fight on a base level. The other is a jackass who is trying to bullshit people into thinking he is tough or smart. A poser if you will.

[quote]wood wrote:
I have been involved in the MMA scene in various capacities since 2001 and when the sport got as popular as it has I was pretty bitter about all the “Brotards” jumping on the band wagon knowing very little and telling everyone that this guy was going to beat that guy etc. I have come to the realization that in any sport you are going to get these kinds of fans.

Guys who only watch the Superbowl telling you who the best team in the NFL is or those who wear a Yankees hat but don’t know thier record. For the most part those people are just following a trend and they will likely never understand the game/sport or get near as much pleasure out of it as a real hardcore fan would.[/quote]

And the irony is that most of the outcomes are worked out in advance, to squeeze money out of the suckers.

Want to see actual competitive combat sport? Go to a high school/college wrestling meet.