T Nation

Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Dips

Starting a new log for 2010.

Accomplishments in 2009
Back squat - 5x225
Front squat - 5x180
Deadlift - 3x355
Bench - 3x215
Incline bench - 3x180
RFESS - 3x165
Shoulder Press - 5x120
Chins - 3x60

First program in 2010 is 5/3/1.

I’ll use calculated maxes using the above 3 or 5RM and start with the 90% Wendler recommends.

So…

A. Shoulder press 125
B. Dead 350
C. Bench 215
D. Squat 235

Supplemnetal work
A. Dips, DB rows, landmines
B. Good Mornings, hanging leg raise
C. Incline DB Bench, PUllups, pushups
D. Rear foot elevated split squats, Single leg RDL

Cycle 1, day 1

Press 75x5, 85x5, 100x13
Dips 12,12,12,9
DB rows 55x12,12,12,12 (9 on my right arm)
Landmines 35x5x4

Doing high reps on supp work like recommended in the manual. Felt all swoled up and gunny.

[quote]LiamBrady wrote:
Starting a new log for 2010.

Accomplishments in 2009
Back squat - 5x225
Front squat - 5x180
Deadlift - 3x355
Bench - 3x215
Incline bench - 3x180
RFESS - 3x165
Shoulder Press - 5x120
Chins - 3x60[/quote]

Needs moar dips! I love dips!

Cycle 1, Day 2

Deadlift 230x5, 265x5, 300x14
hang clean 3x135,155,155,155,155
goodmorn 10x115,125,125,125,125
straight leg handing leg raises 8,7,4 (damn these are hard)

This is a funny program. Last week i’d have had no idea how many times I could pull 300. Now i do.

[quote]ALA wrote:

[quote]LiamBrady wrote:
Starting a new log for 2010.

Accomplishments in 2009
Back squat - 5x225
Front squat - 5x180
Deadlift - 3x355
Bench - 3x215
Incline bench - 3x180
RFESS - 3x165
Shoulder Press - 5x120
Chins - 3x60[/quote]

Needs moar dips! I love dips![/quote]

SO does Jim Wendler. Jim zat you?

Cycle 1, Day 3

Bench 150x5, 165x5, 180x10
Inline DB press 4x8x60
PUllups (neutral) 8,7,6,5
Pushups 4x10

Cycle 1, day 4

Squat 155x5, 180x5, 200x7
RFESS 115x5, 95x8,8 (start at 95 next time and do 10s)
Single leg RDL 3x10x30

[quote]LiamBrady wrote:
Cycle 1, day 4

Squat 155x5, 180x5, 200x7
RFESS 115x5, 95x8,8 (start at 95 next time and do 10s)
Single leg RDL 3x10x30

[/quote]

No I am not Jim Wendler, and, I’ve never actually read the book, or have heard excerpts of him, I just know he is a well respected bodybuilder.

However, I am wondering, what is a RFESS???

[quote]ALA wrote:

[quote]LiamBrady wrote:
Cycle 1, day 4

Squat 155x5, 180x5, 200x7
RFESS 115x5, 95x8,8 (start at 95 next time and do 10s)
Single leg RDL 3x10x30

[/quote]

No I am not Jim Wendler, and, I’ve never actually read the book, or have heard excerpts of him, I just know he is a well respected bodybuilder.

However, I am wondering, what is a RFESS???[/quote]

Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat. Mike Boyle’s PC name for a bulgarian split squat.

Cycle 1, day 5

Press 85x3, 95x5, 115x11
Dips 12,12,12,9
DB rows 55x12,12,12,10
Landmines 40x5x4

Cycle 1, Day 6

Deadlift 265x3, 285x3, 320x11
hang clean 3x135,155,155,155,155 (go up next time)
goodmorn 10x125,125,125,125,125
straight leg handing leg raises 8,7,5,5,5

Cycle 1, Day 7

Bench 145x3, 170x3, 195x9
Inline DB press 55x12,11,9,10
PUllups (neutral) 9,8,7,7
Pushups 4x10

Cycle 1, day 8

Squat 165x3, 195x3, 215x5
RFESS 105x8, 95x8,8,7
Single leg RDL 4x10x30

Cycle 1, day 9

Press 95x5, 110x5, 120x8
Dips 12,12,12,11
DB rows 55x12,12,12,10
Landmines 40x5x4

yo dawg, i herd u like dips, so we put dip in ur lip so you can dip while you dip.

Cycle 1, Day 10

Deadlift 265x5, 295x3, 335x9
hang clean 5x3x160
goodmorn 5x10x135
straight leg handing leg raises 8,8,7,6,5

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
yo dawg, i herd u like dips, so we put dip in ur lip so you can dip while you dip.[/quote]

Nice!

Cycle 1, Day 11

Bench 160x5, 180x3, 205x6
Inline DB press 4x12x55 (move up to 60)
PUllups (neutral) 9,9,7,7
Pushups 4x10

Cycle 1, day 12

Squat 180x5, 200x3, 225x4
RFESS 95x10,8,8,8
Single leg RDL 3x10x35