Yikes, I Weigh 320lbs

pwolves,

Thanks for checking in and the encouragement.

On my caloric intake, I’d have to agree there are days when I’m not getting enough protein, and I’ve been working on adjusting it. Meal planning in/out of the home and office is something I’m working on with my wife so that our household meal planning is a consideration and part of my protein needs which I estimate at 300g +/-

As for calories, I don’t really want to add “calories” for the sake of adding calories if they consist of a higher % of carbs and/or sat fat. That said, my target is to keep my fat intake below 60g and carbs under 50g. Not been hitting this consistently on a daily basis since beginning to track macro nutrients a week or so ago.

I’ve been messing with some sample daily meal plans and had a couple of good days last week before travel later in the week. Two 8 oz fish meals, and a large beef meal sandwiched between two smaller balanced prot/fat/carb meals (or a protein shake). We’ve also had both sides of our family in town two consecutive weeks staying with us so that’s made it really challenging for clean eating (and no alcohol).

Weight=338

No training today.

Cals 2,768
Fat (g) 152.3
Carbs (g) 206.2
Prot (g) 146.6

Damn it another day of not being able to get to the gym. I want my home gym back.

Weight=341

Cals 2,107
Fat (g) 84.1
Carbs (g) 89.8
Prot (g) 253.7

Training partners are golden. Snap him up! Don’t think it is ever too early to buy a ring. Oh wait, that is something else…

Keep posting and get back in there. Don’t lose momentum. I’m off next week so you have to work out for both of us!

Training partners are better than wives: They yell at you in a positive manner…

Body weight exercises are excellent to do when there is no weights around.

[quote]corrmhona wrote:
Training partners are golden. Snap him up! Don’t think it is ever too early to buy a ring. Oh wait, that is something else…

LMFAO

Sorry this guy don’t swing thata way!

I’ll gladly accept any sound shoulder warm up and care advise.

Courtesy Derek through his log.

Shoulder Savers Parts I, II & III

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

Body weight exercises are excellent to do when there is no weights around.

[/quote]

I have DB’s, an elliptical, and a stationary bike. It isn’t that I didn’t want to workout, it was the 16 hour day I put in running my business. I planned on going to the gym but shit just came up and I needed to deal with it. Had I know in advance I wasn’t going to go to the gym I would have worked in something in the morning before leaving for the office.

I have been doing 20 BW squats everyday right after I wake up while I’m weighing myself with a full ROM getting my butt as close to wiping the ground as possible to improve my quad/ham strength, and improve my squat form.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[/quote]

Snap,

Your great. Thanks, very informative.

Damn something else I want to see blocked at work…

One thing I was doing while busy at work was just once an hour taking 5 minutes and doing push ups, pistols and and ab exercise. Never really settled on a favourite ab exercise. I don’t know how your work flow goes, or if that is feasible at all, and I have an office door that closes, or it would have been awkward. Maybe it is more awkward if they hear exercise noise from behind the closed door and don’t know what is going on. It would explain why some people still look at me funny…but I was just doing push ups, honest! :wink:

Hey glad to see your working it.

BE PATIENT!

What you’ve done already will show up on the most important numbers, lipid profile, Homocysteine, blood sugar, and such. These matter more than the scale both long and short term!

Try riding bikes as an adjunct to lifting, works great for work capacity, BP, and weight. A good way to balance resistance training and will burn the calories.
At our weight (I’m newly 266, from 285, target is 250 w/o loosing too much off my lifts)… A non suspension mountain bike is a good bet. Make sure it fits and is functional. For health alone, If I had to pick one, I’d lift. But we don’t have to choose…

@Corrmohna I have my office set up so I’m dead center in the office. Its an open flow office so I can hear and see everything, but more importantly everyone can hear my activity. We have a dynamic team and privacy has no place in our office, so no closed doors. That’s old school, and I make money by staying relavent. I try to lead by example, people either follow or they don’t and if they don’t they dont’t last long. They can make outsized incomes, but with it they need to own the program.

Plopping down for pushups or anything else for that matter in the office isn’t practical. Heck, if I want to make a personal phone call I need to go to the conference room or step outside, but I like it that way. Anyway, I try to work out of a home office 3 days a week (or more) so I can get more shit done, my employees don’t like it when I work from home because when I’m there they tend to make more money. Secretly, I bet they love it when I’m gone.

@Null I’m not a patient mother fu%$#@, but I hear what you’re saying. I actually do want a controlled and timed process to my body recomposition changes. Add muscle loss some weight, add more muscle loss more weight, so on and so forth. Thanks for the reminder!

I have a Trance III mountain bike. Although it has both front and rear suspension. However, it locks into a solid state so it acts like a non suspension bike when I want it to. I’ve had it for 5/6 years and used it to ride in Moab, the Rocky Mountains, Yosemite, and around So Orange County, CA trails. Ironically, I pulled it out and dusted off the moth balls last two weeks ago. Haven’t ridden anywhere yet beside down the street. We recently move to a new home and my new neighbor gave me a tip about a bike trail that runs 11 miles straight down to the beach. The wife and I plan on riding that on a weekend once all the fricken family stops coming to visit and stay with us.

[quote]urbanman wrote:
@Corrmohna I have my office set up so I’m dead center in the office. Its an open flow office so I can hear and see everything, but more importantly everyone can hear my activity. We have a dynamic team and privacy has no place in our office, so no closed doors. That’s old school, and I make money by staying relavent. I try to lead by example, people either follow or they don’t and if they don’t they dont’t last long. They can make outsized incomes, but with it they need to own the program.

Plopping down for pushups or anything else for that matter in the office isn’t practical. Heck, if I want to make a personal phone call I need to go to the conference room or step outside, but I like it that way. Anyway, I try to work out of a home office 3 days a week (or more) so I can get more shit done, my employees don’t like it when I work from home because when I’m there they tend to make more money. Secretly, I bet they love it when I’m gone.

@Null I’m not a patient mother fu%$#@, but I hear what you’re saying. I actually do want a controlled and timed process to my body recomposition changes. Add muscle loss some weight, add more muscle loss more weight, so on and so forth. Thanks for the reminder!

[/quote]

I have wrote this so many times I should get a trade mark.

This is a marathon not a sprint

You want to be doing this when you are 70 not be tits up in a grave

Yesterday

Elliptical
20 minutes

Stationary Bike
20 minutes

Cardio is boring. Need to get an iPod!

Weight=336.6

Cals 2,664
Fat (g) 87.3
Carbs (g) 286.1 (High:spaghetti dinner)
Prot (g) 179.4

Leg Press
110x10x1
120x10x1
130x10x1
140x10x1

Quad extensions
110x10x1
120x10x1
130x10x1
140x10x1

Ham curls
100x10x4

Calf raise
270x10x1
285x10x1
300x10x1
315x10x1

ISO Lateral DY Row
45x10x1
70x10x1
80x10x2

Rear Delt Row
10x3x120

Elliptical 25 minutes

Weight=334.4

Cals 2,210
Fat (g) 93.0
Carbs (g) 106.0
Prot (g) 239.0

Bench
115x10x1
115x5x1
135x5x1

Had to stop benching. My left shoulder was absolutely killing me while lifting from Wednesdays workout. I’m going to give it a rest until Tues/Wed of next week to see if the soreness goes away.

ISO incline press
45x10x2
70x5x1

Shoulder again, had to stop.

Krock Rows
50x20x2
50xfailure

DB Curls
30x10x1
32.5x10x1
35x10x2

Cable/rope tri pulldowns
120x10x4

Elliptical
25 minutes

Damn shoulder(s) were sore so I’m going to take it easy on them for several days. Although enjoyed being in the gym this morning it was a pretty shitty workout. I closed to gym last night at 10:00 pm and when I got home my son asked me if I wanted to go with him to the gym in the morning to spot him while he maxed. How the heck do you say no to working out with your son, I know I can’t. I didn’t eat or drink a protein shake so I could go to bed, didn’t go to sleep until 2:30 and was up at 7:00 to head out to the gym. In the morning didn’t eat breakfast or even drink a protein shake. 1/2 hour into my workout I was gassed. Its was a long two hours. Won’t make that mistake again.

Weight=334.2

Cals 2,069
Fat (g) 68.4
Carbs (g) 183.6
Prot (g) 155.9

Mountain Bike Ride
45 minutes

Weight=336.8

Cals 2,863
Fat (g) 195.2
Carbs (g) 44.6
Prot (g) 226.9

Great work thus far. Keep working hard and the pounds will come off.

Yesterday

Sat on my lazy butt all morning watching football. Later bbq’d to celebrate my grandpa’s 90th birthday. Still health and sharp as a whip…hope I’m where he is at his age. Really enjoyed watching the Dodgers Vs Red Sox game with him, and my wife and kids sprinkled with some other relatives. He’s a lifetime Dodgers fan and we have many Dodgers memories together. Man I love the old guy!

Some pretty shitty eating, but being with the family was terrific…

Cals 2,327
Fat (g) 109.6
Carbs (g) 241.8
Prot (g) 96.5