Yet Another Race Thread

Just kidding! But I did get you to click on this link. It appears Mohammed probably never existed, as Spencer, Spengler, and others have surmised:

[quote]MÜNSTER, Germany – Muhammad Sven Kalisch, a Muslim convert and Germany’s first professor of Islamic theology, fasts during the Muslim holy month, doesn’t like to shake hands with Muslim women and has spent years studying Islamic scripture. Islam, he says, guides his life.

So it came as something of a surprise when Prof. Kalisch announced the fruit of his theological research. His conclusion: The Prophet Muhammad probably never existed.

Theology Without Muhammad

Muslims, not surprisingly, are outraged. Even Danish cartoonists who triggered global protests a couple of years ago didn’t portray the Prophet as fictional. German police, worried about a violent backlash, told the professor to move his religious-studies center to more-secure premises.

“We had no idea he would have ideas like this,” says Thomas Bauer, a fellow academic at Münster University who sat on a committee that appointed Prof. Kalisch. “I’m a more orthodox Muslim than he is, and I’m not a Muslim.”

When Prof. Kalisch took up his theology chair four years ago, he was seen as proof that modern Western scholarship and Islamic ways can mingle – and counter the influence of radical preachers in Germany. He was put in charge of a new program at Münster, one of Germany’s oldest and most respected universities, to train teachers in state schools to teach Muslim pupils about their faith.

Muslim leaders cheered and joined an advisory board at his Center for Religious Studies. Politicians hailed the appointment as a sign of Germany’s readiness to absorb some three million Muslims into mainstream society. But, says Andreas Pinkwart, a minister responsible for higher education in this north German region, “the results are disappointing.”

Prof. Kalisch, who insists he’s still a Muslim, says he knew he would get in trouble but wanted to subject Islam to the same scrutiny as Christianity and Judaism. German scholars of the 19th century, he notes, were among the first to raise questions about the historical accuracy of the Bible.

Many scholars of Islam question the accuracy of ancient sources on Muhammad’s life. The earliest biography, of which no copies survive, dated from roughly a century after the generally accepted year of his death, 632, and is known only by references to it in much later texts. But only a few scholars have doubted Muhammad’s existence. Most say his life is better documented than that of Jesus.
[/quote]

Read it all:

Lol! that was well devious!

Interesting link though.

Ack! Tricked! Nice read though.

Wow. If it’s true, then this will rock Islam like nothing else ever could.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Wow. If it’s true, then this will rock Islam like nothing else ever could.[/quote]

No, it will have no effect. This guy is likely a dead man walking.

The Christian view, of course, is that if Jesus didn’t exist, we’re to be pitied above all men for following something that’s a farce (1 Corinthians 15).

Since Islam is based on Muhammad and his Sunnah, I can’t see why he would remain a Muslim, but whatever. They’ve already declared him an apostate, so he should just go the full distance.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Makavali wrote:

The Christian view, of course, is that if Jesus didn’t exist, we’re to be pitied above all men for following something that’s a farce (1 Corinthians 15).

Since Islam is based on Muhammad and his Sunnah, I can’t see why he would remain a Muslim, but whatever. They’ve already declared him an apostate, so he should just go the full distance.[/quote]

ummmm there is of course a small % chance that I could possibly be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Christians believe Jesus existed.

Is there any proof that he may not have existed? From what I understand, Jesus was a real person, it’s just the stories about him that are twisted out of proportion.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Makavali wrote:

Since Islam is based on Muhammad and his Sunnah, I can’t see why he would remain a Muslim, but whatever. They’ve already declared him an apostate, so he should just go the full distance.

ummmm there is of course a small % chance that I could possibly be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Christians believe Jesus existed.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s what PCRCal said, but with more words.

[quote]Christine wrote:
usmccds423 wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Makavali wrote:

ummmm there is of course a small % chance that I could possibly be wrong, but I’m pretty sure Christians believe Jesus existed.

Yeah, that’s what PCRCal said, but with more words.
[/quote]