Yet Another Keto Kicking Article

Chris, it’s not wrong: it’s a compliment - namely, that dissenting views ARE tolerated on T Nation. It’s petty to somehow infer if someone is “dead-set” against something it wouldn’t see the light of day.

Re Biotest Products - yeah Plazma, Mag10, Indigo, SWF, best sellers and some of the most expensive to boot. I’m speculating with that view. Call it lame if you like.

1 Like

My main observation over the last many years is that TCs articles suck. they sound like a kid who procrastinated on a homework assignment and they often pick one super limited study and conjecture gross generalization. He also often directly contradicts prior conjectures he has made, and makes tremendous errors in his interpretation of the data. Its just his “thing” I guess.

But Chris, for muscle mag 2000 children, TC is the face of T-nation. I know people who thought that he owns Biotest and T-nation.

And TC’s OK with me anyway, I just read his studies and ignore all of his conclusions.

Also, posters used to be able to make comments directly on an article, which often got addressed by the contributor but if memory serves correct, too many contributors go their feelings hurt (and quite honestly a lot of the comments on articles were over the top, unnecessarily harsh.

Yes, those halcyon days where you got Q&A with Waterbury, Dan John, et al.

So the “powers that be” regularly bash keto… because two authors have written a total of 3 or 4 quick tips that discuss potential negatives of keto while those same “powers that be” simultaneously publish multiple full-length articles discussing the benefits of keto? That makes no sense.

Correct. The “feel awesome” part may be debatable, but keto is a suboptimal way to eat when the priority is building muscle or performing well (in lifting or in sports).

That’s called “a writing style”. And it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. That’s fine.

It’s not petty, it’s business. Again, if “the powers that be” really were regularly bashing keto, there would be zero pro-keto articles on the site.

You are and it is. Again, the overwhelming majority of products are fine on a keto diet. Thibaudeau has even discussed why Indigo-3G could be beneficial on low carbs.

There’s been tons more CrossFit-bashing in articles than you’ll ever find “keto bashing” and CrossFitters are clearly a much larger target demographic for products than keto dieters. By your logic, those attacks wouldn’t have been published because they could potentially impact Biotest sales, but in reality it’s a non-factor.

I think I’d rather have some carbs! Presumably you’re allowed a cheat meal or two on holiday?

EDIT: actually we should probably take further discussion of this to another thread. My log, maybe. Don’t want to clutter this one.

1 Like

Let it go, Chris. It’s becoming a bit embarrassing now.

1 Like

So, nothing to the points raised. No problem. We can drop it, agree to disagree, all that.