Yet Another Cry Out For Help

Hello, My names Colton, I live in Canada. I’d like to just say I came across this website through “Google” looking for tips on how to keep a constant diet and workout routine going.

But first, I’d like to get past all the questions that may occur on the way to me getting help:

1.) I’m sorry if this is in the wrong area on the forums, I’m kind of baffled at where to post, its organized, just… I’m new.

2.) I’m 5’9, 18 and 247 pounds. I don’t know exactly what my BF% is, but its definately double digits.

3.) I’m looking to lose fat, and to gain muscle. I want that healthy feeling, and that healthy look. I’m bit a self-concious on my looks due to my fat. My friends say I’m not “that” fat, but still, I want to be confident in how I look.

Now that that is over, I’d like some information.

What would be a good diet for me to go on? Not pin-pointing directly at “Hey, just give me a diet!” Even though that would be grand, I’m sure thats not how its going to work. I just want to be pointed in the rigth direction.

What should I take in the morning? I’m taking 2 multivitamins (GNC Megaman link Here with Production information.

www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133771&cp=2108478&parentPage=family

Are these a good multivitamin to take for my cause? IF not, what is?

I’m willing to take any supplements that I have access to, that won’t make me messed up in the future.

What workout should I do? I have all those fancy workout machines, but I don’t really think their needed. By the sounds of the guides I’ve read on this website, all you really need is freeweights.

[Workout Machines]
Bowflex
Ablounge
Treadmill
Step Machine
Yoga Ball
Skipping Rope
Etc

These were all obtained when I bought the house, so I consider myself a free inside gym. So please, no ridicules, it was free.

I’m a part of the local MMA club, trainer directed by Bill “The Butcher” Mahood, I just can’t handle it at my level of comprehension. I just don’t got the motivation for that high of a workout. Its good, and I can survive, but I want to be able to survive more with more endurance. I usually have to leave 30-60minutes prior to ending time.

I’m just lost in a world of nothingness, I don’t know what to do, I just want to feel good, look good, and be able to go back to the Fight Club.

Thanks for reading this all, and I hope I made the right choice in coming here.

Colton

Hey bro id start with the beginners thread above pinned in this forum. Many of those questions you have are answered daily hell many are in threads now.

Do you and us a favor read up, put in your home work and come back with more direct ?'s

Phill

Welcome to the site!

Take some pics so you can track your progress.

Here is an awesome thread that should answer all your questions…

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

Regards,
mp

[quote]Phill wrote:
Hey bro id start with the beginners thread above pinned in this forum. Many of those questions you have are answered daily hell many are in threads now.

Do you and us a favor read up, put in your home work and come back with more direct ?'s

Phill[/quote]

Alright I’m doing “Waterbury Summer Project”, and i Have a couple of questions.

with the “Hang Cleans or Front Squats”, it has a picture of it and everything, but I’m wondering, how the hell do you do that?

Also, with reverse crunches, standing alternating db shoulder press, 1-arb db row, single leg db deadlift.

All same question. I tried looking up guides on google, but they werent as descriptive as I hoped.

I think your asking simply how to do a front squat, UH press, etc, Right??

If so here this is the hang clean there are a ton other on the site should have you covered

http://www.uwlax.edu/strengthcenter/videos/exercisevideos/Hang%20Clean%20(above%20knee).mpg

Sell all those and buy a decent power rack and free weights.
Pick a nutritional program on here that suits you.
Pick a workout program that suits you.
See newbie thread for examples and guides.

My friend, you came to the right place.

The Carb Cycling Codex By C.T. is a great simple diet, well not a diet, more of an eating lifestyle. You might give it a shot, you will learn alot about how you should eat. One more thing. Go to the Authors tab, pic one you can!!! This is without a doubt the best way to learn on this site!!!
Address for carb cycling, read it and see what you think! Good luck!
Dastang
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=05-180-diet