Yes We Can!

Say it with me, brothers and sisters, YES WE CAN!

Any thing is possible in this world!

OBAMA IS THE MAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

You know, I thought his speech was pretty good until the “Yes we can” chants. Then my stomach started turning.

Great, now we can finally devote our lives to what matters most: working like slaves for the benefit of others.

I thought the speech was incredible… (still hate his policies)… but the YES WE CAN thing creeped me the fuck out <_<

Better than “No We Can’t”!

Yeah, expressing optimism in the ability of American’s to rise to the challenges they face is pretty scary stuff…

Maybe you should all hide in your bunkers to avoid the paramilitary force on it’s way to take your guns while chanting NO YOU CAN’T.

The thing that struck me most was how much like a Prince concert his victory speech was with all the middle-aged white women in the front row crying and dancing about.

Fucking lemmings ready to jump off a cliff for a bunch of collectivist bullshit – go right ahead.

YES WE DID! By a landslide.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Yeah, expressing optimism in the ability of American’s to rise to the challenges they face is pretty scary stuff…

Maybe you should all hide in your bunkers to avoid the paramilitary force on it’s way to take your guns while chanting NO YOU CAN’T.[/quote]

It wasn’t the WORDS that creeped me out, it was the rock concert mentality in which they were chanted.

/shrug

[quote]vroom wrote:

Maybe you should all hide in your bunkers to avoid the paramilitary force on it’s way to take your guns while chanting NO YOU CAN’T.[/quote]

It’s not so much WHAT Obama says that is so bothersome and, at times, scary. It’s the fact that he has, quite literally, a cult following. There are people in this country who will think anything he says and does is right, without question. And that is a scary thing. It’s not the expression of optimism, it’s the expression of a blind optimism for a yet unproven leader. To this point, Obama has been deemed infallible by all of his supporters. When you give someone that much blind and unfailing support, nothing good can happen.

Yes, Obama is the most liberal president-elect ever, based on statistics, but that’s not the part of it that has conservatives so worried and frustrated by the situation. It stems from the fact that at no point in this entire campaign, did anyone step back and look at what’s being said and claimed, and be like wait a minute, is that even realistic? Instead, they come together in crowds and masses and chant “yes we can.”

It’s like something out of a movie.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
vroom wrote:

Maybe you should all hide in your bunkers to avoid the paramilitary force on it’s way to take your guns while chanting NO YOU CAN’T.

It’s not so much WHAT Obama says that is so bothersome and, at times, scary. It’s the fact that he has, quite literally, a cult following. There are people in this country who will think anything he says and does is right, without question. And that is a scary thing. It’s not the expression of optimism, it’s the expression of a blind optimism for a yet unproven leader. To this point, Obama has been deemed infallible by all of his supporters. When you give someone that much blind and unfailing support, nothing good can happen.

Yes, Obama is the most liberal president-elect ever, based on statistics, but that’s not the part of it that has conservatives so worried and frustrated by the situation. It stems from the fact that at no point in this entire campaign, did anyone step back and look at what’s being said and claimed, and be like wait a minute, is that even realistic? Instead, they come together in crowds and masses and chant “yes we can.”

It’s like something out of a movie.[/quote]

The Bush fanatics have been out-fanaticked.

The conservative wing of the Republican party is dead and it was officially killed by Regan when he decided the only way to “defeat” the USSR was to outspend it. Bush I and Bush II just carried on his tradition of spending on the Empire.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
It’s like something out of a movie.

The conservative wing of the Republican party is dead and it was officially killed by Regan when he decided the only way to “defeat” the USSR was to outspend it. Bush I and Bush II just carried on his tradition of spending on the Empire.[/quote]

Since when did George W. become conservative?

He may call himself a republican, but he’s a long way from conservative on many, many issues.

[EDIT] I think that may be exactly what you were saying…

[quote]malonetd wrote:
You know, I thought his speech was pretty good until the “Yes we can” chants. Then my stomach started turning.[/quote]

What’s the matter, you don’t like the descent into Latin American-style politics? Every country needs a Chavez sometimes.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
Since when did George W. become conservative?

He may call himself a republican, but he’s a long way from conservative on many, many issues.

[EDIT] I think that may be exactly what you were saying…[/quote]

Yeah. It helps when one doesn’t really understand the meaning of a word.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Great, now we can finally devote our lives to what matters most: working like slaves for the benefit of others.[/quote]

The tax rate on one quintile going up 3% percent = “working like a slave”?

Other than I doubt you are in that quintile, exactly how will you be “working like a slave” anymore than you were yesterday?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[/quote]

I have never seen a Bush fanatic.

[quote]100meters wrote:
belligerent wrote:
Great, now we can finally devote our lives to what matters most: working like slaves for the benefit of others.

The tax rate on one quintile going up 3% percent = “working like a slave”?

Other than I doubt you are in that quintile, exactly how will you be “working like a slave” anymore than you were yesterday?

[/quote]

Just wait until we all start paying carbon credits. The income tax discussion is a red herring, he will tax the shit out of us in so many ways I don’t want to think about it.

At least he will be able to fund his brownshirts with my money.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

I have never seen a Bush fanatic.[/quote]

Lucky you.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Great, now we can finally devote our lives to what matters most: working like slaves for the benefit of others.[/quote]

Yeah, that hasn’t been going on at all already. The US doesn’t have one of the biggest widening gaps between rich and poor in the world. No, not at all.

What world are you living in?

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
belligerent wrote:

Yeah, that hasn’t been going on at all already. The US doesn’t have one of the biggest widening gaps between rich and poor in the world. No, not at all.

What world are you living in?[/quote]

What world are you living in? Our poor are incredibly wealthy compared to most of the rest of the world. Just because our rich are mega rich does not mean we have to tear them down.