Yellow Rice - Benefits?

I’ve searched the forums for yellow rice. only to go through about 4 pages not directly pertaining to the topic. For the most part im trying to stick to whole grain…such as brown rice etc etc.

Im not going to lie i do eat white rice, which has a high G.I., and much less nutritional density compared to brown, from what my reading has produced. However, whats the deal on yellow rice?

Not to sound like an idiot, but i’ve searched on the healthiness of yellow rice and haven’t found really anything. I like to goto chicken kitchen sometimes and i ussually get a cuban chop chop which comes with white rice, black beans, chicken, lettuce and tomatos and no dressing.

I don’t think they offer brown rice, only yellow or white. Would there be any benefit to subsituting white with yellow, or are they both equally as shitty for you?

From my understanding, yellow rice is just white rice flavored/colored with turmeric and sometimes saffron. That’s at least the yellow rice you get at Indian restaurants.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
From my understanding, yellow rice is just white rice flavored/colored with turmeric and sometimes saffron. That’s at least the yellow rice you get at Indian restaurants.
[/quote]

I agree and I also wouldn’t be worried about eating white rice unless I was DIETING. I sure hope you are making enough progress to justify how extreme your diet is. Otherwise, it doesn’t make much sense.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

I agree and I also wouldn’t be worried about eating white rice unless I was DIETING. I sure hope you are making enough progress to justify how extreme your diet is. Otherwise, it doesn’t make much sense.[/quote]

Although i’ve continuued to lift weights, having a gf for the past 5 months has changed my diet and im not making excuses. However we are together ALOT…by alot i mean just about everyday, and although she looks good and is pretty thin, she eats alot of shitty food.

And thats rubbed off, going to wendys with her and such…eating alot of SHIT!..Definately have got a little gut…just looking to eat clean but not really less.

White rice is “shitty for you”? I live in Asia and everyone I know eats rice everyday. I guess we all have shitty diets. It’s funny, the last time I was in the States I saw so many grossly overweight people all over the place. You would expect that with all of us eating this shitty rice we would look worse than Americans.
Shitty is as shitty does.Or not.

yellow rice in my kitchen is just basmati with saffron. Pretty damn tasty ^^

[quote]DW wrote:
White rice is “shitty for you”? I live in Asia and everyone I know eats rice everyday. I guess we all have shitty diets. It’s funny, the last time I was in the States I saw so many grossly overweight people all over the place. You would expect that with all of us eating this shitty rice we would look worse than Americans.
Shitty is as shitty does.Or not.[/quote]

Take it easy there…although lots of americans are obese, there are also many who are fit…“and last time i went to chinatown I saw so many grossly underweight people.”

[quote]DW wrote:
Shitty is as shitty does.Or not.[/quote]

Portion size IMO…

facko, it’s just a case of getting back to basics and cleaning up your act a bit as you said. Save rice of all descriptions for your PWO meal. The same holds true for other starchy carbs.

Put together a plan so that you’re getting enough protein and good fats (but not too MUCH!). For carbs, draw on veggies (without sauces, butter, dressings, oil & extras), fruit and beans. If you’re drinking juice and sodas with sugar, cut those out.

You can still eat out at Wendys with your GF if you want. Have chili and a salad. Pay to have them double the serving of meat on your salad.

Honestly, I can eat out at almost any restaurant. Worst case scenario, I have a salad with extra meat and make up for any deficiencies at other meals.