Yeast Connection?

i was wondering if anyones ever heard/read about this…

Yeah, its an alternative medicine diagnosis of candida overgrowth, sometimes refered as dysbiosis.

Not recognized as a medical condition allopathic medicine, its a catch all condition that if you are a normal human being who gets bloated sometimes, gets tired sometimes, some digestive issues once and a while or even itchy skin (like in winter, when its normal) then you have a disease that needs to be cured.

If one looks carefully, there is always a very significant degree of overlap between symptoms of yeast overgrowth, adrenal fatigue and many other alternative type diagnosis.

That’s not to say that you can have a change in your bacterial flora in the gut, but usually this is a much more severe issue then, ah, today I feel bloated and tired. C. Difficile infection and various forms of gastroenteritis come to mind. But as with most infections, when you have it you know there something wrong with you.

Hope this helps
AlexH

[quote]Dandalex wrote:
Yeah, its an alternative medicine diagnosis of candida overgrowth, sometimes refered as dysbiosis.

Not recognized as a medical condition allopathic medicine, its a catch all condition that if you are a normal human being who gets bloated sometimes, gets tired sometimes, some digestive issues once and a while or even itchy skin (like in winter, when its normal) then you have a disease that needs to be cured.

If one looks carefully, there is always a very significant degree of overlap between symptoms of yeast overgrowth, adrenal fatigue and many other alternative type diagnosis.

That’s not to say that you can have a change in your bacterial flora in the gut, but usually this is a much more severe issue then, ah, today I feel bloated and tired. C. Difficile infection and various forms of gastroenteritis come to mind. But as with most infections, when you have it you know there something wrong with you.

Hope this helps
AlexH[/quote]

wow, very helpful…thank you! so what i’ve read is that sugar is the enemy and carbs need to be kept extremely low (sounds like a good bodybuilders diet anyways haha)…if you know any good things i could read about this i would be very grateful…

If you read through this site nutrition articles, you’ll find that sugar truly is not an enemy nor are carbs but can be manipulated to get the best results.

If you want information on the candida overgrowth issue, I can’t help you further as I believe that dysbiosis and most other fad alternative medicine diagnoses (adrenal fatigue being one of them) are either long disproven allopathic theories or simply have no basis in science and rely solely on people’s claims which in medicine is the worst type of evidence (and that’s when it comes from real medical experts).

[quote]Dandalex wrote:
If you read through this site nutrition articles, you’ll find that sugar truly is not an enemy nor are carbs but can be manipulated to get the best results.

If you want information on the candida overgrowth issue, I can’t help you further as I believe that dysbiosis and most other fad alternative medicine diagnoses (adrenal fatigue being one of them) are either long disproven allopathic theories or simply have no basis in science and rely solely on people’s claims which in medicine is the worst type of evidence (and that’s when it comes from real medical experts).[/quote]

yeh i’ve read through a lot of articles here…they definitely help a lot! (not just with this topic of course)

Are you familiar with Malassezia by any chance?

[quote]passionhawaii wrote:
Dandalex wrote:

If you want information on the candida overgrowth issue, I can’t help you further as I believe that dysbiosis and most other fad alternative medicine diagnoses (adrenal fatigue being one of them) are either long disproven allopathic theories or simply have no basis in science and rely solely on people’s claims which in medicine is the worst type of evidence (and that’s when it comes from real medical experts).

yeh i’ve read through a lot of articles here…they definitely help a lot! (not just with this topic of course)

Are you familiar with Malassezia by any chance?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malassezia_furfur[/quote]

i am familiar with malassezia, as i think it is the fungus involved in the facial seborrheic dermatitis (seborrhea) that i have been suffering from for years. really annoying.

been on a low carb diet for a long time, but until recently i ate a ton of dairy and a select few other foods that may have been promoting yeast overgrowth.

just switched from eating kefir to natrol probiotic biobeads. also picked up some florastor, which is a healthy yeast that is very popular in europe and is supposed to help kill candida and restore healthy yeast balance. there is a decent amount of research backing the strain of yeast in this product, saccharomyces boulardii lyo.