Year+ On TRT, Now Thyroid Issues?

Recently I have been waking up freezing cold, but I also sweat a lot at night. I decided to go look at my last set of labs and noticed my TSH increased quite a bit over the first year on TRT. My T3 is also high. I was on 200mg Test Cyp a week, split into a shot on Monday and a shot on Thursday, 250units HCG on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays, and .5 to 1mg of Anastrozole on Tuesdays and Fridays. I am also on 60mgs of methadone(started on 120mgs) every day for an opiate issue which is what I believe caused my low T to begin with.

I had my last set of bloods taken on a Monday morning before my shot so my testosterone levels should have been at their lowest, but they were still very high. I have since lowered my dose to 160mg per week, still split into two shots.

I guess I’ve been noticing the waking up freezing for a while now. It seemed to go away when I first started TRT, but its back. I’ve always slept like shit, wake up to pee once a night. I play Ice hockey 2-3 days a week and try to do full body workouts on MWF. If I use salt it iodized, but I would say I don’t use it very often. I take Magnesium, Vitamin D, Desiccated Liver Pills and Fish oil pretty much daily. Eat pretty good. I should probably mention I have had a few bad concussions in the past year or two.

I plan on getting new bloods soon, but want to make sure I don’t miss any important tests. Waking up right now sucks! Your help is much appreciated!
Edit: should probably add I am 34, will be 35 in a month or so.

-age 34(35 end of January)
-height6’1
-waist 33 I think. size 34 jeans are a little big on the waist.
-weight 200lb
-describe body and facial hair thick beard, hairy elsewhere, but not bear like
-describe where you carry fat and how changed definitely carry fat around my love handles
-health conditions, symptoms [history] opiate abuse, multiple concussions
-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever Methadone 60mgs daily, used rogaine for past 3 months, but nothing when bloods were taken.
– real dangers! see this http://propeciahelp.com/overview80
-lab results with ranges
**-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]**never went on starvation diet. I have trouble cutting because I like ice cream.
**-describe training [some ruin their hormones by over training]**I could definitely have over trained myself. I did way to long full body workouts MWF while playing ice hockey WFSu
-testes ache, ever, with a fever? lately my left ball as ached. I do have a large varicocele in the left testicle. no fever.
-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changedwood most mornings. never before I started TRT.

Need to see your cholesterol/lipids.

DHEA is low for your age. Find 25mg DHEA on vitamin display shelves.

LH/FSH should not be tested on TRT as these -->zero.

Ferritin is low, IBC is high, saturation is low. Does your diet include red meat? Liver pills have some iron. While your CBC looks good, there remains some concerns. Males with low iron typically have diet issues or a low level GI bleed that can be ruled in/out by an occult blood test. Supplemental iron or diet change useful.

Avoid dehydration for your lab work.

Are you injecting GH?

Check overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures - see below.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Is LH still 0 if injecting hcg and T?

You can see the lipids and cholesterol if you click on the second picture. For some reason its only displaying the top part of each picture unless you click on it.

I am not injecting GH. I did buy a bottle of MK677 a while before those bloods. It only got 20 days use of it because my cat decided to smack the bottle off of the coffee table when I had it opened.

I will stop at the vitamin shop and grab DHEA. Just one, 25mg pill a day?

I do eat red meat once or twice a week. I will add more iron containing foods. I can also grab a thermometer and start doing morning temps this week.

yes

LH lab work is blind to hCG and T is LH/FSH repressive.

edited first post with the questions in the sticky.

This is working very well for you.

25mg DHEA per day, take with meals that have more fats/oils and avoid high fiber foods.

TSH is seriously too high and should be nearer to 1.0
Need those body temps and history of iodized salt use.

Your diet seems iron adequate and you really need to look into the issues I suggested and any history of digestive issues and food sensitivities/allergies may be important. Try to get more iron and ask doc for the occult blood test to detect blood in your poop, could be a take home kit. Doc may be dismissive because your other CBC items look so strong - TRT might be hiding the iron problem or perhaps low iron is hiding a TRT induced high hematocrit problem.

If I ever use salt at home its Mortons with iodine, but I don’t use it all that much. Mainly when I eat french fries or eggs.

After doing some thinking, I have realized a few issues I might have. First, the methadone definitely constipates you and I am always gassy and have some pretty bad digestion. Too much dairy makes me break out a crap ton. Maybe I should just cut it out completely? I am going to start taking psyllium husks powder daily. Ive done this before and it seems to help get things moving more consistently.

Also, for almost the past year or so I have been eating a ton of raw spinach and kale in my morning smoothies.(spinach, kale, banana, raspberries, real cran juice, whey) Since these are goitrogens, could they be contributing to issues, or is that over blown?

I have 12.5mg iodoral tabs and brazil nuts. Should I start on the iodoral or wait until I have some temperatures to go off of? I will be getting a thermometer and DHEA in the next few days.