Year of Training--Do I Have a Good Base?

Hi, I’ve been working out for about a year, starting at 140 lbs.

I now weigh 170 at 5’10 with about 7% bf.

well…you look pretty

good progress for one year

how about lifts…training and diet?

more pictures needed as well…

…are you for real?

Sorry, here are the rest of my pics.

My diet:
Early morning: One scoop ON 100% whey protein with 1 cup skim milk and 1 banana

Breakfast: Low-fat multi-grain English muffin with either non-fat cottage cheese or Almond butter (sometimes half and half) or Kashi Go-Lean cereal mixed with non-fat yogurt and non-molested sliced almonds

Snack: Protein bar (Power Bar Protein Plus)

Lunch: Turkey sandwich on Plain bagel with green leaf lettuce, low-fat Miracle Whip and yellow mustard OR white spaghetti with vegetable marinara and turkey meat balls

Mid-Afternoon snack: Protein bar (Power Bar Protein Plus)

Pre-workout: Natural peanut butter with low-sugar jelly on plain bagel OR a Lean Cuisine OR white spaghetti with vegetable marinara and turkey meat balls OR multi-grain cheerios in non-fat milk with a cut up banana

Post workout: One scoop ON 100% whey protein with 1 cup skim milk and 1 banana

20 Minutes later: Egg salad sandwich on whole wheat bread OR a turkey burger on whole wheat bun with ketchup, yellow mustard and green leaf. Usually eat either of those with natural applesauce and baby carrots

Before bed: Scoop of ON whey or casein protein in water

What are your goals? Don’t have a before pic to judge by so I can’t tell what you actually did in the past year.

how old are you that you started at 140 and were able to add 30lbs of lean muscle in 1 yr? As previously requested, any before pics?

Keep up the great work!

A before pic would help but lookin pretty solid. After looking at your diet it seems like you can definitely add some more protein and even overall calories. You haven’t really told us your goals yet so it’s hard to give advice. But if you want to continue to put on size I think you are going to need to tweak your diet a bit

Honestly, it’s been closer to 2 years of lifting. My lifts:
Bench: 285
Squat: 415
Deadlift: 385
Yes, my deadlift is weaker than my squat.

Sorry but I have to ask, what are non-molested sliced almonds?!

Does that mean you can get molested sliced almonds?

How do you molest an almond?

…hmmm or maybe this should be in the sex forum??

Thanks for that, gave me some amusing mental images :wink:

OP: Yeah base looks ok to build from, I’m assuming you want to build up? but yeah more info and/or a before pic would help people. Maybe RMP was not the right forum if you just want advice on where to go from here??

[quote]Lift and Eat wrote:
Sorry but I have to ask, what are non-molested sliced almonds?!

Does that mean you can get molested sliced almonds?

How do you molest an almond?

…hmmm or maybe this should be in the sex forum??

Thanks for that, gave me some amusing mental images :wink:

OP: Yeah base looks ok to build from, I’m assuming you want to build up? but yeah more info and/or a before pic would help people. Maybe RMP was not the right forum if you just want advice on where to go from here??[/quote]

I was too embarrassed to take before pics. Unmolested almonds means I just eat them as they are. I think I would like to get up to 200 ripped in a few years.

I’m pretty sure this exact same username posted a RMP yesterday with the “fail bulk” bb.com pics and diet copy pasted.

I’m sure this is just another bb.com user who got his info copied over here.

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
I’m pretty sure this exact same username posted a RMP yesterday with the “fail bulk” bb.com pics and diet copy pasted.

I’m sure this is just another bb.com user who got his info copied over here.[/quote]

You’re right. I’ll just confess now. I just wanted to see what you thought of this guy’s physique (I thought it was pretty good, but I think he’s been working out for much longer, and I wanted to know whether you thought it was solid or you would mock his “clean bulking.” and I also wanted to see the fail bulk pics turn into a 20 page flame fest.
forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=686552&ppuser=2158871

I do actually lift and am a member of bb.com. I’ve lurked here for a while, also. In a few years, I will someday return to post my own physique. I’ll just occasionlly post with questions or links to interesting(or idiotic) bb.com threads. Something I’d like to know is, why do you mock slow, clean bulks? If someone could gain 15 lbs of lean mass in a year, stay lean year round, and only have to cut a few pounds each year, then why not? A 5-10 140lber could gain 15 lbs a year , and in 5 years be a ripped 200 after cutting. I’m not trying to incite a flame fest, I just want some answers please.

I wonder what gave it away…the fact that you said you only lifted for a year an added 30lbs with 7% body fat? Or your diet that I doubt could get you near that amount of weight in a year. I know you confessed but you were bad from that start.

[quote]JackedAndSwole wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

You’re right. I’ll just confess now. I just wanted to see what you thought of this guy’s physique (I thought it was pretty good, but I think he’s been working out for much longer, and I wanted to know whether you thought it was solid or you would mock his “clean bulking.” and I also wanted to see the fail bulk pics turn into a 20 page flame fest.

I do actually lift and am a member of bb.com. I’ve lurked here for a while, also. In a few years, I will someday return to post my own physique. I’ll just occasionlly post with questions or links to interesting(or idiotic) bb.com threads. Something I’d like to know is, why do you mock slow, clean bulks? If someone could gain 15 lbs of lean mass in a year, stay lean year round, and only have to cut a few pounds each year, then why not? A 5-10 140lber could gain 15 lbs a year , and in 5 years be a ripped 200 after cutting. I’m not trying to incite a flame fest, I just want some answers please.[/quote]

Ah, jeez. He sure got us. This was a bigger waste of time than Not-So Friendly Gym Advice.

Sounds like you’ve done this before. How many times?

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
Sounds like you’ve done this before. How many times?[/quote]

What, you mean posted a fake rmp? I haven’t except for the fail bulk pics. If you mean that I seem experenced in doing this, its just that I’ve read the old ones.

this forum just took a nose dive

[quote]JackedAndSwole wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

I do actually lift and am a member of bb.com. I’ve lurked here for a while, also. In a few years, I will someday return to post my own physique. I’ll just occasionlly post with questions or links to interesting(or idiotic) bb.com threads. Something I’d like to know is, why do you mock slow, clean bulks? If someone could gain 15 lbs of lean mass in a year, stay lean year round, and only have to cut a few pounds each year, then why not? A 5-10 140lber could gain 15 lbs a year , and in 5 years be a ripped 200 after cutting. I’m not trying to incite a flame fest, I just want some answers please.[/quote]

Freak’en A man you copied and pasted some other dudes pictures? I’m sure that guy would love that.

Lame, just freaken ass lame.

OP, why on earth would you create a RMP with someone else’s photos? Were you trying to get feedback because you want a physique like that?

I don’t understand why you would submit a complete stranger’s photos for criticism. Not just once, but twice.

Ya… it’s kinda weird dude… lol