T Nation

Yeah, I'm Gay...and I Love a Muscle Guy!

…so what?

This is my freaking life.

99.9% of gay guys are no threat…I wonder how many guys on the stages of the NPC or the IFBB are gay?
More than you think gents…my partner of 9 years is an NPC light-heavy qualifier.

anyway, my question is this : what’s your feeling about gay marriage.

Cool story bro and I don’t really give a fuck if gays can get married.

Im a conservative, also and athiest. I dont understand why repubs/conservatives are against it, i mean, its a FREEDOM to bea ble to marry right? so DO IT!

My mom tells me “its a special thing between a man and a woman, it needs to be protected” (shes agnostic, not religous)…yeah well guess what, divorce rate is through the roof, IT AINT SO SPECIAL NO MORE, so let the gays marry.

Im for gay marriage…but to tell you the truth, Im anti-gay-parade (silly waste of time, i say this cause my friends invited me to be there…im a college student with hippy friends).

Marriage is about love right? Well if two people love each other, then let them get married.

OP are you diggin Obama? JW, i dont hate the man, but i DO hate a lot of the things hes done.

Homosexuals have every right to be just as miserable as heterosexuals. Let them get married.

Everyone has at least one gay in their family, and it’s probably somebody you wouldn’t even suspect. I never understood gay hate. Louis C.K. sums it up nicely:

[quote]carbiduis wrote:
Im a conservative, also and athiest. I dont understand why repubs/conservatives are against it, i mean, its a FREEDOM to bea ble to marry right? so DO IT!

My mom tells me “its a special thing between a man and a woman, it needs to be protected” (shes agnostic, not religous)…yeah well guess what, divorce rate is through the roof, IT AINT SO SPECIAL NO MORE, so let the gays marry.

Im for gay marriage…but to tell you the truth, Im anti-gay-parade (silly waste of time, i say this cause my friends invited me to be there…im a college student with hippy friends).

Marriage is about love right? Well if two people love each other, then let them get married.

OP are you diggin Obama? JW, i dont hate the man, but i DO hate a lot of the things hes done.[/quote]

…to tell you the truth, I don’t care for the gay parade thing myself. It’s a few steps backwards, thinking that “Archie Bunker” is going to rah-rah over the flaming.

I don’t understand what would cause someone to “go gay” and it’s not something I would ever want to try. But don’t take offense at this because these are precisely the reasons why I feel absolutely no threat from gays. I definitely don’t think that I could wake up one day and say, “Hey, I may want to try the gay thing.” And try as someone might, I could never be persuaded or convinced to try the gay thing. Having said that, gay marriage doesn’t bother me in the least. It won’t “hurt” my marriage in the least and I don’t see how it can hurt other people’s marriages.

Civil marriage is just a bundle of rights recognized by the state. That’s it. I think many people have intertwined their religious/emotional notions of marriage with the law. But the law simply governs the economic aspects (i.e., property rights) of the marriage relationship, and these really kick in only on divorce or death. I see no reason why these rights shouldn’t be extended to all adults who profess to love each other.

In the meantime, assuming that you and your partner are in a committed relationship (which seems likely given that you’ve been together for 9 years), I would advise you and your partner to execute wills and powers of attorney, and to put property in both of your names. These documents will go a long way in providing you with rights similar to rights enjoyed by a married couple.

My opinion is that there are at least two other threads on the first page for you to find out.

Also, that you’re probably a troll.

EDIT: This was probably posted in SAMA or GAL, but was responded to in PWI. Just for context.

[quote]Otep wrote:
My opinion is that there are at least two other threads on the first page for you to find out.

Also, that you’re probably a troll.

EDIT: This was probably posted in SAMA or GAL, but was responded to in PWI. Just for context.[/quote]

x2

[quote]carbiduis wrote:

OP are you diggin Obama? JW, i dont hate the man, but i DO hate a lot of the things hes done.[/quote]

Man I swear, you are a very angry person.

You want to wear a pretty dress and throw a big expensive party?

Good for you! Go find a church that sanctions gay marriage, and set up the proper legal apparatus to give yourselves the same decision making abilities as a married couple.

Politicizing religious institutions is a double edged sword. Just ask the middle east. They have religion/government hybrids.

If it’s just about the benefits though, I want in on that too. I’m currently in a heterosexual Christian marriage and my employer wont extend benefits to my wife either.

And on the whole “I’m gay, so what?” thing-

If it is no big deal to you, why put it out there first and foremost?

Even the gay men that I know laugh about gays who try to pull that, then make everything about how they are being persecuted by society because they are gay, and how no one understands what it is like to be gay, and blah blah blah all about being gay.

If it’s not such a big deal, then shut the fuck up about it and carry on with your business.

I believe that according to any legit christian doctrine, gays are not eligible for marriage. Civil unions are a different thing. You have to twist and contort biblical interpretation to make it fit and that’s why gays (legitimately) cannot have that kind of marriage. Not that I care, but I think christians who oppose it have a point.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
You want to wear a pretty dress and throw a big expensive party?

Good for you! Go find a church that sanctions gay marriage, and set up the proper legal apparatus to give yourselves the same decision making abilities as a married couple.

Politicizing religious institutions is a double edged sword. Just ask the middle east. They have religion/government hybrids.

If it’s just about the benefits though, I want in on that too. I’m currently in a heterosexual Christian marriage and my employer wont extend benefits to my wife either.

And on the whole “I’m gay, so what?” thing-

If it is no big deal to you, why put it out there first and foremost?

Even the gay men that I know laugh about gays who try to pull that, then make everything about how they are being persecuted by society because they are gay, and how no one understands what it is like to be gay, and blah blah blah all about being gay.

If it’s not such a big deal, then shut the fuck up about it and carry on with your business.[/quote]

I think its appropriate to mention that hes gay in this context. I see what you mean otherwise.

[quote]Boobuddy12345 wrote:
…so what?

100% of gay guys are a threat…I know for certain (because I’ve been to the “after parties”) that all the guys on the stages of the NPC and IFBB are gay.
I can tell you that they all have large cocks, gents…my partner of 9 years is an NPC light-heavy qualifier.

anyway, my question is this : what do you prefer, waffles or pancakes?[/quote]

Waffles dude, fo show.

[quote]Eli B wrote:

I think its appropriate to mention that hes gay in this context. I see what you mean otherwise.[/quote]

Sure, why not?

What I find humorous is when someone puts something out there, saying it’s no big deal, then elaborates on what a big deal it is.

For me, knowing how many bodybuilders are gay is about on par with knowing stuff about Madonna. Adding these types of tidbits of useless information to what could be an important topic of conversation is transparently childish and (in my opinion) actually undermines the persons ability to communicate effectively.

On the other hand, adding personal human experience including being gay, coupled with some emotional effects of the subject, would actually promote and enhance the understanding of the subject to a much more broad audience.

You know what is really irritating though? When someone won’t do the foot work to pursue their own life, liberty, and happiness.

If the Op had explained how he went through the process of setting up a legal union as Mike The Bear had suggested, and sought out a church that sanctions homosexual marriages, and gone through with what ever ceremony they chose, I would have congratulated him.

Fact of the matter is, That was my response when a lesbian couple announced to some friends and I that they had done exactly that.

…so what?

99.9% of gay guys are no threat…I wonder how many guys on the stages of the NPC or the IFBB are gay?
More than you think gents…my partner of 9 years is an NPC light-heavy qualifier.

anyway, my question is this : what’s your feeling about gay marriage.[/quote]

What’s funny about this post is that you compare the gay argument to bodybuilding by claiming that more pro bb’s are gay than we think. Tell me how does comparing being gay, which statistically is an unhealthy lifestyle to the unhealthy lifestyle of a bodybuilder help your cause?

Funny stuff, I’m glad I still hang around this site for gems just like this one.

…so what?

anyway, my question is this : what’s your feeling about gay marriage.[/quote]

What’s my feeling? Well brother, I feel that gay marriage is wrong. Not only does it go against my religion, but I try, but can’t, figure out why government is in the business of marriage. If it was up to me, it would solely be the responsibility of social/religious institutes to acknowledge marriages. After all, it is why a marriage is social recognition of two people joining in union.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

What’s my feeling? Well brother, I feel that gay marriage is wrong. Not only does it go against my religion, but I try, but can’t, figure out why government is in the business of marriage. If it was up to me, it would solely be the responsibility of social/religious institutes to acknowledge marriages. After all, it is why a marriage is social recognition of two people joining in union.[/quote]

In the past, it was solely the responsibility of the church.

There are enough corrupt churches that if you are a pedophile, polygamist or “name your perversion” you could find someone to marry you. It can be argued that practicing a gay/lesbian lifestyle falls in the sexual perversion category.

I have fairly strong conservative views, but those relate to fiscal policies more than social ones. I think, like many have said, who cares? If two men want to get married then they should have the ability to do so IMO. Marriage should not be a government run institution

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
I have fairly strong conservative views, but those relate to fiscal policies more than social ones. I think, like many have said, who cares? If two men want to get married then they should have the ability to do so IMO. Marriage should not be a government run institution[/quote]

I am sorry that you have to learn of it that way so I will try to be as gentle as possible:

You may have more than just a libertarian streak in you.

Again, I am sorry.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:
I have fairly strong conservative views, but those relate to fiscal policies more than social ones. I think, like many have said, who cares? If two men want to get married then they should have the ability to do so IMO. Marriage should not be a government run institution[/quote]

I am sorry that you have to learn of it that way so I will try to be as gentle as possible:

You may have more than just a libertarian streak in you.

Again, I am sorry.

[/quote]

Haha I am taking a politics class right now and my professor said something along those lines. I think I’m just not sure how I feel about a lot of things political due to being 19 and not having a lot of life experience.
Appreciate the apologies